Farve's Revenge

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Mike Sherman said or did to **** Farve off to the point of him returning this year just to get Mike fired and out of couching for good?

It had to be something pretty bad for Farve to be this vindictive.

I know he talked about retiring last year, and than changed his mind. I do not know what conversations took place between Bret and Mike that could have spawned this much hatred of one man for another. Maybe it was something Mike did. Not sign people, keep B.J. Sanders, handle hold outs wrong.

Does anyone know??

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IGHPack said:
Does anyone know what Mike Sherman said or did to **** Farve off to the point of him returning this year just to get Mike fired and out of couching for good?

Sherman will be done couching this year? Good, maybe he can do some coaching then. :D

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
rabid...

it won't help..he'd be better off "couching"...because he can't coach worth a damn...

maybe the Pack should just trade Favre because the whole season is obviously all his fault according to many of you...

let SherRossley hand the team over to our new "savior" Aaron Rodgers...he'll do a better job....right?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, even you can't defend Favre's performance yesterday. Notwithstanding the fact that this team is awful and is made up of a bunch of guys who might not crack Green Bay East High's lineup, we had a chance to win that game yesterday and Mike Sherman had a pretty good game plan but the problem was execution and Favre was one of the worst offenders. Brett is generally the the only thing that is keeping us in games; however, yesterday he cost us.

BTW, I'm in no way asking for Rodgers to play but Brett stunk yesterday.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" Farve's Revenge " has now got to be the " worst " Farve Bashing comment that I have heard that makes no sense. Get a Grip Please. ( and I am not defending his play yesterday but as others have also pointed out, Brett is still the best thing going for the Pack and we are lucky to have him ).

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TO said..

"Notwithstanding the fact that this team is awful and is made up of a bunch of guys who might not crack Green Bay East High's lineup"

That IS the point TO...and I am "withstanding it"...I mean..i don't know what you guys expect here...but face it...Brett Favre is on a Green Bay Packer team that SUCKS this year..with poor coaching to boot...

(I hate to admit it..but Darren Sharper had a point...)

Some of you guys...(maybe most of you guys) have no clue about how to play football

There is something called "timing" and "raport" that is built over time between a QB and his receivers...they have to know each other...what the tendencies are...how someone runs his routes....when to break off a route and try to get open...etc..."timing"...

I wish Favre would just wing the ball 30 yards into the stands when no one is open, and he doesn't have to trt to "force something" to happen...YOu would see him doing this A LOT..(that would be some offense..but at least you could cheer BJ Sander on all that you want). Then you would see that perhaps there's something else going wrong around here...instead of simply blaming it all on Brett Favre...

(He did not go from throwing for over 3,000 yards last year with 30 TD's to a scrub overnight--as some of you suggest...)

Does he throw interceptions...yes...when you have to throw 58 times against a good defense when you have poor receivers..it's hard not to...

...Also..a little protection from the o-line would help...

So write letters to TT to have Favre traded and then you won't have to put up with this stuff anymore...simple..

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throwing 58 times is enough for most of the other QB's for two games, AND he threw 277 yards against the second best passing defense of the entire NFL (btw the best is the :eek: but take a look, maybe I missunderstand this stats No 1 Passing Defense ?), unfortunately it didn't help.
As 66 said, a little protection would be fine too.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The protection was pretty good yesterday except for a few blown assignments especially considering how good the Bears' D is, and yes, the personnel is substandard, but that's precisely the point. Brett does not have playmakers around him so he can't go around throwing the ball up expecting these guys to make plays. They're simply not good enough.

Brett is not going to change but he should have learned a long time ago that sometimes you have to live to fight another day. Throw it away, take a sack, whatever, just don't cost your team points by turning the ball over. Favre's two picks cost us 10 points directly and at minimum resulted in a 13 point swing (we lost by 12 for those of you who can't do the math) so I'm not giving him a pass on this one. Without those two picks, the Bears managed a measly 9 points and had absolutely no success moving the football. The only way we had a chance to win yesterday was to take care of the football and Brett didn't do it. He's as much responsible for that loss as anyone.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the record it's B-R-E-T-T F-A-V-R-E.

i can defend brett after yesterday. both fumbles he was crushed. you can't blame him for those. the int at the end of the half was a throw away that didn't get much on it due to being hit. the other one, looked like a bad throw. or maybe a slant where the wr didn't slant. none of us really know.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I as you know am no Gb fan but how can you pin this on Favre? He was getting hammered every time he went back to pass. That interception before half wasn't his fault he crushed as he was releasing the ball. You guys should want to hang your O linemen. The bears went through them like bean dip through an elephant!!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The no backfield plays left Brett exposed but only a QB and man of his caliber would stay there and throw to where the blitzers came from. It is risky but you could not do that with a lesser QB.

The throw before the end of first half Brett had a blitzer in his face and he said he was trying to throw the ball out the back of the endzone but couldn't as he was getting flattened.

Brett had a some bad plays but the offense did well against the #1 defense. The defense of the Bears did force fumbles and one of the INT's. Sometimes it is not Brett or a ball carrier ******** up but a good defensive play by the other team.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
I as you know am no Gb fan but how can you pin this on Favre? He was getting hammered every time he went back to pass. That interception before half wasn't his fault he crushed as he was releasing the ball. You guys should want to hang your O linemen. The bears went through them like bean dip through an elephant!!!
ok, i am literally :rotflmao: about the elephant comment - marking that one down!! anyway, brett was getting the crap knocked outta him yesterday & yet somehow it was HIS fault - doesn't make sense, guys. we've ALL heard about the bears D & yet we had NO answer for it!! nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero!!! but i guess THAT'S brett's fault too??!!?? i'm sure he was standing back there just waiting to be hit so he could further screw with all you favre haters!! yeah, that's it!! :roll: :twisted:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
for the record it's B-R-E-T-T F-A-V-R-E.

i can defend brett after yesterday. both fumbles he was crushed. you can't blame him for those. the int at the end of the half was a throw away that didn't get much on it due to being hit. the other one, looked like a bad throw. or maybe a slant where the wr didn't slant. none of us really know.

Fumbles were NOT Brett's fault...HOWEVER,

the throw at the end of the 1st half is EXACTLY what TOPF is talking about. Worst case scenario if Brett takes a sack is the 20 yard field goal becomes a 28 yarder...whoop-de-doo....but what are the consequences of whipping it up in the air for anyone to grab? At least a 6 point swing.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears gained ~150 yards on Brett's 2 picks, and about 200 on offense...they couldn't do squat unless we gave them the ball.

This was just like the Bengals game...D doing their job, offense just needed to be patient...no need for any dramatic heroics. But Brett didn't get the message, and TOPF pointed out the consequences in the scoring.

Part of this may go on the playcalling too, though. They appeared to be having some success running yesterday, and probably should have stuck with it a bit more since Brett and the wrs weren't as successful.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My big questions are:

Why, when the running game is working pretty well, do you have your QB chuck the ball 58 times with his lack of talent on the receiving end and his recent regression into an interception machine?

Why do you expose your one hope (Favre) to the pounding that only an "empty backfield" formation can deliver?

Why do you tempt the INT creating Chicago backfield with 58 chances at the rock? Especially when the running game has been performing nicely?

Why has Favre regressed so startlingly under the "leadership" of this coaching staff? It appears, as I have mentioned numerous times, that they are too in awe of the sure-fire HOFer to manage, chastise, challenge and coach him to success. He needs it as much as, if not more than, most QBs in the league given his gunslinger nature.

Why did it take 10 weeks to acknowledge that this o line is better with Grey Reugamer in at he guard spot?

Why does this team, a team that can afford no mistakes, go long ball on 2nd and 3rd and short...and usually come up short? Just get the damn first down and move onto the next series!

Why did it take 10 weeks to realize that KGB is a huge liability in the run defense...especially in the second half of games? Mike Montgomery looks nice getting pressure from that side in the few times he has been on the field.

All these and so many more. The bottom line is that while we are desperately short on talent, this offensive coaching staff has failed to use what little we do have to best effect. Penalties and general poor play is the norm, as is our recently discovered ability to find ways to lose games. Just as winning is contageous, so is losing....and this team, in spite of playing hard, is finding creative new ways to lose every week. That is on the coaching staff when it becomes so widespead as it has at this point in the season.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am soooo tired of the Favre bashing. It is downright sacriligious.

Pack66....how big would that "couch" have to be to get Sherman's "fata$$" on it? Had to say it before you did. I can't believe you missed that one. Rabid lobbed it underhanded to you.....I thought you were going to hit that one out of the park.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...

Why is it sacriligious? Are all Packers immune to criticism, or is it just brett, and if so, why?

Brett has done great things for this team, and still has the physical tools to be, IMO, the best qb in the league.

However, he needs to be able to adapt, which he isn't right now. Gunslinger Brett is great when you have all pro receivers, and a great run game to get the extra dbs in the box, but that's not the case now.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IGHPack said:

I know he talked about retiring last year, and than changed his mind. I do not know what conversations took place between Bret and Mike that could have spawned this much hatred of one man for another. Maybe it was something Mike did. Not sign people, keep B.J. Sanders, handle hold outs wrong.

Does anyone know??

Whats going on between Favre and Sherman?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IGHPack said:

Does anyone know??

I could be an idiot and not following this, but Brett said his chances of coming back were slim if Mike wasn't here coaching next year. Didnt he??

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
IGHPack said:

Does anyone know??

I could be an idiot and not following this, but Brett said his chances of coming back were slim if Mike wasn't here coaching next year. Didnt he??

uh, i think what y'all are missing is that IGHPack was being EXTREMELY sarcastic with the post. now maybe it will be a little more clear to you. major smart *** remark, get it now??

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Aren't slim chances better than none? (loophole??) :wink: :wink:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Brett said that as a way to support his Coach. Nothing more. Imagine how fast Sherman would lose the team if Brett said 'New coach next year? i will DEFINETELY be back if that happens'

Members online

Latest posts