Farve, Rodgers history repeating

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I been feeling this way last 3 weeks..

Now media is starting to say the same

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21 completions, 70% completion for 330 yards, 2 TDs, and zero INTs. Pretty sure about 28 other teams would like a guy this "uncoachable".

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So why didn't he throw to wide open wr or wide open ck downs?

When mm is gone you will see. Diff Rodgers

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why didn't he throw to wide open wr or wide open ck downs?

When mm is gone you will see. Diff Rodgers
This game made it very obvious and doesn’t put Rodgers in a good light. There is no way Rodgers missed all the checkdowns... he is too good for that. It may be time for McCarthy to go... but I’m not sure who they are going to find that will reign him in... McCarthy was actually the one that did it with Favre ... after Sherman.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What were his conversions on key plays, ie 3rd downs?

He started off incredibly well and his first quarter was excellent. Then he decides to throw to EQ on a 3rd and 5 about 15-20 yards down field that requires an inexperienced rookie to read the coverage and react to sit down in a zone and have good timing to boot. Low percentage. On that same play, there was another player underneath for a gimme first down and Rodgers completely ignores him. High percentage. That forced us to punt, and Seattle drove down methodically and scored to take the momentum back. Soon a 14-3 lead evaporated and we found ourselves down 17-14.

Second half?

Punt
3 and out
Punt
FG
3 and out

Many failed 3rd and short plays trying for the long ball, asking the OL to block for ages to let deep plays develop. When you do them ‘all’ the time, the D knows and they can focus on just rushing the passer, which they did. MM definitely deserves the blame for not getting Jones more carries and touches in the second half, and neither Rodgers nor MM wanted to take what the D was giving them. Hard to really know who is to blame for the atrocious 3rd down calls/decisions, but definitely both to some degree. 12 finally takes what the D gives him for a 5 yard out pattern on 3rd and 5 with the game on the line (to MVS) and he dirts it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game made it very obvious and doesn’t put Rodgers in a good light. There is no way Rodgers missed all the checkdowns... he is too good for that. It may be time for McCarthy to go... but I’m not sure who they are going to find that will reign him in... McCarthy was actually the one that did it with Favre ... after Sherman.
There was one play in particular that had me scratching my head. It was the last drive I think on 1st down. He pump faked to a wide open Aaron Jones, danced around a bit then threw it to Aaron Jones still in the same spot but covered at this point and he was swallowed up.

It was mind boggling, it could have been an easy 5 yards possibly more if he had just thrown the ball the first time.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was one play in particular that had me scratching my head. It was the last drive I think on 1st down. He pump faked to a wide open Aaron Jones, danced around a bit then threw it to Aaron Jones still in the same spot but covered at this point and he was swallowed up.

It was mind boggling, it could have been an easy 5 yards possibly more if he had just thrown the ball the first time.
I think he is very conflicted right now about what he wants to do and wants to prove something but isn’t sure what.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he is very conflicted right now about what he wants to do and wants to prove something but isn’t sure what.

He needs to see a sports psychologist or something. His head isnt right, is he making so many questionable throws when the most successful throw is staring in him in the face.

What is there to prove at this point? Tom Brady isnt out to prove anything.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He needs to see a sports psychologist or something. His head isnt right, is he making so many questionable throws when the most successful throw is staring in him in the face.

What is there to prove at this point? Tom Brady isnt out to prove anything.
Happened last time he got a new girlfriend too. Didn't he start hanging out with Olivia early 2015, just around when the offense cratered?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. Had the check down, for positive yards, but in the end gave his receiver no chance by holding it so long and letting the defense react and swallow him up.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are check downs really the reason that this offense isn't working? That's just such silly logic. So he completes the check down....and then what? It presents another 3rd and short where MM draws up a slow, low percentage play. It just delays the inevitable.

How about instead of becoming an Alex Smith offense...we run the ball. So you know, PA works?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How about instead of becoming an Alex Smith offense...we run the ball. So you know, PA works?
Drives me crazy to see a couple of nice runs early in the game, only for McCarthy to expect the play action to be effective for the rest of the game because of it. :roflmao:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are check downs really the reason that this offense isn't working? That's just such silly logic. So he completes the check down....and then what? It presents another 3rd and short where MM draws up a slow, low percentage play. It just delays the inevitable.

because when it's sitting right in front of you to be made it can get you a new set of downs. 1 play to get Rodgers 4 more? I like those odds. use them. More plays, more balance in this offense. It's how it works. But when the pressure is on they all revert to what they prefer and for Rodgers thats the long ball all day long. Not every pass needs to be for 3 yards, but 1st half offense had some and coincidently it was our most efficient offense. When you run and only get 2 yards and run again and only get 2 yards, and run again and get 3 yards, do you run again?

If they check into a pass, call a pass whatever, but they're passing, it's too late to run and when the check down is there for yards, it sure has hell beats a sack.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's no secret that AR was mad at MM for some of the firings last January, particular Van Pelt. Overall, his numbers in general are as good as ever, but it is in specific, game-changing situations where his play has been suspect, like the one you just described above. This is so out of character for Rodgers that one can assume, per Occam's Razor, that he is simply throwing the season to get a new coach.

Reaction score
Someone above mentioned that early 3rd down with AR to St. Brown. GB still was in fair control of the game at that point even tho it was early. But when the two didn't connect on the pass (AR thought he was gonna stop and sit in the zone opening, St. Brown was thinking he would keep running) and I saw AR's reaction towards ROOKIE St. Brown, and then saw AR go to the sideline and react the way he did... Man... That is not a leader of men. Frustration is normal. But it is not fair to act that way towards that receiver. AR needs to help build confidence in these guys or at the very least go up to him and talk it out. Dont cuss at him and belittle him. There was a ton of game left to play. AR needs help, and I don't think I mean just players around him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like Brett in 2005 to 2007...never wrong

Huh...not sure you remember those years correctly.

2005 - Brett had 20 TDs and 29 INTs
2006 - 18 TDs & 18 INTs
2007 - 28 TDs & 15 INTs

So, yeah, he was having some issues with forcing the ball.

Aaron Rodgers this year - 19 TDs, 1 INT!!!!

So please explain how those are similar?!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Had the check down, for positive yards, but in the end gave his receiver no chance by holding it so long and letting the defense react and swallow him up.

It's really easy to focus on the few bad plays (which he certainly had) and make sweeping judgments based on those. Rodgers wasn't perfect but he's pretty far down the list of problems in this game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sacks on 3rd down when there’s an open receiver right in front of you are turnovers. Just like Brett would just chuck it up and be irresponsible with the Val giving us no chance to win, Rodgers is too busy trying to make big plays instead of getting this offense more first downs.

But you can’t see it so this probably wasn’t worth my time either

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh...not sure you remember those years correctly.

2005 - Brett had 20 TDs and 29 INTs
2006 - 18 TDs & 18 INTs
2007 - 28 TDs & 15 INTs

So, yeah, he was having some issues with forcing the ball.

Aaron Rodgers this year - 19 TDs, 1 INT!!!!

So please explain how those are similar?!
Again.. Not listening

Same thing.

Rodgers is not doing his progressions.. And he has the most throw aways ever in his career.. And still have 6 games..

Again.. I'm not only one.. Many here and now media is seeing the same thing..

Have great day

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really easy to focus on the few bad plays (which he certainly had) and make sweeping judgments based on those. Rodgers wasn't perfect but he's pretty far down the list of problems in this game.
2 weeks in a row, when the plus mattered, the other quarterback made them. He’s high in the list of problems especially after last night.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again.. Not listening

Same thing.

Rodgers is not doing his progressions.. And he has the most throw aways ever in his career.. And still have 6 games..

Again.. I'm not only one.. Many here and now media is seeing the same thing..

Have great day

Pretty sure you are in the minority on this one. Pretty sure that Rodgers is still considered one of the top-5 QBs in the NFL. However, it's always compelling hearing people refute an argument with the textual equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting, "I"M NOT LISTENING!"

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 weeks in a row, when the plus mattered, the other quarterback made them. He’s high in the list of problems especially after last night.

This is absolutely ridiculous! The guy completes 70% of his passes, doesn't turn the ball over, and he's the problem? Yeah, Russell Wilson "made" the plays that Rodgers didn't; by handing the ball to his running backs who rushed for 156 yards in the game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sacks on 3rd down when there’s an open receiver right in front of you are turnovers. Just like Brett would just chuck it up and be irresponsible with the Val giving us no chance to win, Rodgers is too busy trying to make big plays instead of getting this offense more first downs.

But you can’t see it so this probably wasn’t worth my time either

Just curious, did you see the part where I said he missed plays? Because I said that, I agreed that he missed some plays. However, if you expect him to play the entire game without missing a few plays then you're expecting him to be perfect, which is unrealistic. And claiming that the team had "no chance" to win because of Rodgers is about the silliest idea seen. Somehow not turning the ball over and being an amazing QB isn't actually giving the team a chance to win? That a scared head coach who missed an obvious replay challenge because he's just terrible at game management wasn't the main problem?