Face of the Packers..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Now that Favre has retired.. whom is the "face" of the Packers..

My money will be MM for the next season or two.. then turning it over to Rodgers or Brohm..

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this today, but more in the who will come out of the tunnel last sense.

Offense: Rodgers
Defense: Barnett

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Greg Jennings?

If Rodgers pans out, definitely him. Our other players aren't that outspoken so it'll default to the QB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be A.J Hawk. #5 overall pick and played at Ohio State. He's kind of got that Midwestern attitude about him. Also he hasn't even come close to his prime and when he does all I have to say is watch out. Nationally A.J. Hawk is the guy in my opinion.

Now if Rodgers plays lights out then the QB will get all the attention especially in Green Bay.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be A.J Hawk. #5 overall pick and played at Ohio State. He's kind of got that Midwestern attitude about him. Also he hasn't even come close to his prime and when he does all I have to say is watch out. Nationally A.J. Hawk is the guy in my opinion.

Now if Rodgers plays lights out then the QB will get all the attention especially in Green Bay.

I agree 100% Porky.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wnet with DD. The offensive players will look to their elder statesman. Until Rodgers feels comfortable enuf to take over.
Defense it could be Hawk and it Kampman.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, this is way too early to put Rodgers as the "face of the franchise" because he hasn't started 1 game yet. It has to be Donald Driver because he was one of Favres closest friends on the team. Driver is one of the oldest players on our offence and should be the face of the franchise. But you have to put Greg Jennings on the list because that is mainly who Rodgers will be targeting, the young guys.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'll be Rodgers, but mostly by default. The face of a team is the one who's on camera the most, and for as long he's our QB, that will be Rodgers.

Exceptions are rare, and seem to be limited to teams with poor QBs: Ray Lewis in Baltimore, Urlacher in Chicago, Jason Taylor in Miami...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'll be Rodgers, but mostly by default. The face of a team is the one who's on camera the most, and for as long he's our QB, that will be Rodgers.

Exceptions are rare, and seem to be limited to teams with poor QBs: Ray Lewis in Baltimore, Urlacher in Chicago, Jason Taylor in Miami...
I agree here.........the QB is almost ALWAYS the face of the team.......good or bad.

josdin00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all are too close to the team to answer the question correctly. You're over-analyzing.

The generic answer is: the Packer who is the best fantasy producer. With Favre gone, that's all that most football fans will know about the Packers.

My bet is Driver, though with his fall off in TD production last year, it might end up being Jennings.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is interesting that no one is picking Nick Barnett or Charles Woodson on the defensive side. Both have experience and both have been know to talk a bit at least among the players.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said Donald Driver.

Why? Because NOBODY plays with more heart than Donald Driver.
NOBODY.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very possible that Ryan Grant becomes the face of the team this season.

I have great faith in Rodgers but he will struggle, what we want out of him is improvement.

If we stay a high ranked offense and Grant continues on as he has been, he could well be the face of the team. If the offense stays hot nobody on defense will be the face of the team.

We might be running the ball more than people expect. We will have a complex passing offense with Rodgers but we are going to have many more running plays than last year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Mike McCarthy right now (though for some reason he's not on the list). But it will be Aaron Rodgers once the season starts, for better or for worse. We have other good players, but none of them has the charisma of a Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, or Jason Taylor.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say Hawk on defense and either Grant or Rodgers on offense. Those saying a WR on offense let me ask how many times has a WR been the team leader on any team. Other than Jerry Rice I can't think of any. It is usually a RB or QB on offense. I am not sure Driver is even on this team after this year.

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say A-Rodge this season. He will be getting more attention, good or bad, than any other player on this team. Trying to replace a legend will land you under the microscope.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Maybe Mike McCarthy right now (though for some reason he's not on the list). But it will be Aaron Rodgers once the season starts, for better or for worse. We have other good players, but none of them has the charisma of a Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, or Jason Taylor.

I had MM on the list as well as Jennings I believe.. but apparently there is a limit to the listings.. :lol:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is at least average, it will be Rogers.

The QB is 99% of the time the focal point of the offense(and the one who gets in inordinate amount of the credit or blame) and the only player to touch the ball every single snap, by default they are normally the face of the franchise.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is at least average, it will be Rogers.

The QB is 99% of the time the focal point of the offense(and the one who gets in inordinate amount of the credit or blame) and the only player to touch the ball every single snap, by default they are normally the face of the franchise.

Nope, that would be the center. :) Especially if it is a direct snap to the RB. :D

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it will be Rodgers simply because it will draw direct comparisons to Fav-re, and Rodgers will lose out every time.

Making Rodgers the face of the Pack is acknowledging a step down from the Fav-re era Packers. Making someone like Driver or Hawk won't draw those direct comparisons, so it wouldn't force the Packers to live in the shadow of a retired player.

Members online

Latest posts