Everyone is Happy - I am confused ?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I seen the ball go into Jennings hands I jumped up and pumped my fist many many times so bad it still hurts today. I call it a "Wynn" injury.

Be careful Zero, you might wind up on IR with that one.

Brett says puzzling things sometimes, like during the preseason when he was talking about all the experienced teams he's played with in the past and how everyone knew what they were doing.

But his teammates seem to take it as constructive criticism, which is exactly what it is. They love the guy to death, he's playing great, and they're playing well as a team and winning games, so it's all good.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I seen the ball go into Jennings hands I jumped up and pumped my fist many many times so bad it still hurts today. I call it a "Wynn" injury.
LOLOLOL!!!! (I did the SAME thing!!!!) :lol:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep for a couple hours (which was rough since I worked a 5:00)so I stayed up to watch all the post game conferences. WPF I didn't think much of Favre's comments. If he said how great we are people would critizise him for that, although he did mention MM keeps telling him to build the team up. I think Brett speaks from the heart which is why he's so loved. Do you want the alternative (Belichek) Other comments I found interesting is Jennings on Favre's arm strength said he still overthrows them all the time in practice

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans analyze and hang on each and every word each player spits out of their mouth and overanalyzes them. You guys do it to yourselves. Has he played on better teams? Yep. Is he supposed to ******** them and say this is the best team he's played on? Nope, that wouldnt be him.

He's old school and he keeps it real whereas most guys these days keep it fake. Thats why hes my favorite player. Is he the greatest QB ever? Not in my opinion. Marino(though i hate him), Young, Montana, Manning are slightly better in my opinion. But Brett is a warrior and he keeps it real. He is de_real_deal. If you want a phonny, go elsewhere cuz you wont find one in GB this year.

Look at Tom Brady, dude is so fake in his interviews. Like he's reading his comments off a cue card. Carson Palmer is the worst. He's like an old, dried up disgruntled man.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most would agree that the mid 90's pack teams were better than this team (and maybe others in the early '00s), so I would expect MM, you, me, the water boy, and my great Aunt Matilda to say exactly what Brett said.

I'm often the first to criticize favre, but his comments each week on how this team isn't as good as has been in the past don't bother me at all.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I think fans analyze and hang on each and every word each player spits out of their mouth and overanalyzes them. You guys do it to yourselves. Has he played on better teams? Yep. Is he supposed to ******** them and say this is the best team he's played on? Nope, that wouldnt be him.

He's old school and he keeps it real whereas most guys these days keep it fake. Thats why hes my favorite player. Is he the greatest QB ever? Not in my opinion. Marino(though i hate him), Young, Montana, Manning are slightly better in my opinion. But Brett is a warrior and he keeps it real. He is de_real_deal. If you want a phonny, go elsewhere cuz you wont find one in GB this year.

Look at Tom Brady, dude is so fake in his interviews. Like he's reading his comments off a cue card. Carson Palmer is the worst. He's like an old, dried up disgruntled man.

De Real - Brady is better than Manning. He's proving it this year.
Put Brady with an All-Star cast and you'll see him smoking everything Manning will ever accomplish. Keep in mind, Manning had an All-Star cast his ENTIRE career.

I'd take Favre over Manning. Favre makes things happen when there's nothing, absolutely nothing, to work with. Manning was never able to do that.

I'd put Steve Young up there too. He was amazing, but his career wasn't as long.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Need to keep the team humble.

Agreed. We better be humble. We lost to the freaking Bears.

Yeah when ya play close to the vest against each opponent you end up winning some and losing some.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen the press conf yet (I watch 'em on my ipod on the train) but I can't imagine he said anything that much different than the other 6 this season (win or lose) - "this team is good but not great, we haven't won a championship yet, we can improve, we can be really good etc etc." Maybe he phrased something differently but it the same spiel. He speaks on the field not in the pressroom.

I can certainly say that great teams don't lead 80+ yard FG drives - twice!

That said - can I throw out my biggest beef? Why why why in the name of all that is wireless and technical is it so friggin hard to get a Mic to the reporter asking the question??? Why do we have to figure out if the question was "did you call off the coach on that play" or "did Jones miss his route" etc.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just finished watching one of the most exciting Packer wins in a long time. I got to see Brett do it in style and prove all the nay sayers wrong again. He was throwing deep ( which some said he couldn't anymore ) , He was throwing accurate ( over 140 % passer rating ) and I was ecstatic !!!

What more could you want being a fan of the Packers and of Brett Favre ?

Then came the interview ???

Those of you who know me, know I have never said a bad word about Brett and stood on his side when the fools were crying for his retirement so know that it upsets me to ask:

Why the hell did he feel the need to mention two or three times during his interview that he has played on better teams ?

What is going through his mind ?

As far as I am concerned, Brett is the best QB to ever play this game but for the first time I don't follow the logic here. I watched the interview with Jennings just before the Brett Interview. Jennings was all class and made some great remarks about Brett having faith in the team etc, then came Brett's interview and it was a major letdown in my opinion.

Why not just enjoy the win and praise your team mates ? Am I over reacting ?

Again, for those who may take me out of context "Brett is the Best to play the game in my opinion and I have never bashed him.

Just looking to see what others think about this because it really left a sour note in my mouth after such a great win !!!

Cheers all

Because it is true,...and is trying to keep things in perspective...

Wow,...if you think Favre is bad at this...watch a Patriot post game interview...****...you would think they sucked after listening to Brady after a 79 to Zero *** kicking they put on somebody

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
That said - can I throw out my biggest beef? Why why why in the name of all that is wireless and technical is it so friggin hard to get a Mic to the reporter asking the question??? Why do we have to figure out if the question was "did you call off the coach on that play" or "did Jones miss his route" etc.

I hear ya man. I hate that. I watch the video interviews and I put my headphones on so I can hear them. Crank it up when the speaker at the podium stops moving his lips, then once I see him ready to respond quickly turn it DOWN!!

Annoying as poop.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

I hear ya man. I hate that. I watch the video interviews and I put my headphones on so I can hear them. Crank it up when the speaker at the podium stops moving his lips, then once I see him ready to respond quickly turn it DOWN!!

Annoying as poop.

How dare you say poop is annoying.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I just finished watching one of the most exciting Packer wins in a long time. I got to see Brett do it in style and prove all the nay sayers wrong again. He was throwing deep ( which some said he couldn't anymore ) , He was throwing accurate ( over 140 % passer rating ) and I was ecstatic !!!

What more could you want being a fan of the Packers and of Brett Favre ?

Then came the interview ???

Those of you who know me, know I have never said a bad word about Brett and stood on his side when the fools were crying for his retirement so know that it upsets me to ask:

Why the hell did he feel the need to mention two or three times during his interview that he has played on better teams ?

What is going through his mind ?

As far as I am concerned, Brett is the best QB to ever play this game but for the first time I don't follow the logic here. I watched the interview with Jennings just before the Brett Interview. Jennings was all class and made some great remarks about Brett having faith in the team etc, then came Brett's interview and it was a major letdown in my opinion.

Why not just enjoy the win and praise your team mates ? Am I over reacting ?

Again, for those who may take me out of context "Brett is the Best to play the game in my opinion and I have never bashed him.

Just looking to see what others think about this because it really left a sour note in my mouth after such a great win !!!

Cheers all

Because it is true,...and is trying to keep things in perspective...

Wow,...if you think Favre is bad at this...watch a Patriot post game interview...****...you would think they sucked after listening to Brady after a 79 to Zero *** kicking they put on somebody

I hate the Patriots and their bull**** false humility.

If you want to know who the worst losers are and poor sports, look no further than the Patriots.

Bellicheat and Brady get extremely angry and throw hissy fits after a loss. Unfortunately, you might not see that this year because they may not lose.

The way to beat Tom Brady is to get in his face a physical beat the **** out of him. The Jets did it last year, and he got rattled.

You'll see.

They are giant babies when they lose.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

De Real - Brady is better than Manning. He's proving it this year.
Put Brady with an All-Star cast and you'll see him smoking everything Manning will ever accomplish. Keep in mind, Manning had an All-Star cast his ENTIRE career.

I'd take Favre over Manning. Favre makes things happen when there's nothing, absolutely nothing, to work with. Manning was never able to do that.

I'd put Steve Young up there too. He was amazing, but his career wasn't as long.

I'd have to see Brady do it more than just half a season to say that but yea, he misses the cut barely. I'd say, give Manning and Brady the same squads and Manning will win out every time. Just my opinion.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't here to make us feel warm inside about being fans and having a good start. The reality is, the team has been unimpressive in several of their wins. To that, it indicates that this team is still needs to improve. It's FANTASTIC that they're winning right now... but it doesn't necessarily mean this team is great.

There's nothing worse than a team whose ego inflates because they think they're something they're not.

We should all chill out a bit and let the field general do what he does. Enjoy the journey, no doubt, but don't think it only has value if everything is infinitely happy and positive.

[...steps off soapbox...]

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't here to make us feel warm inside about being fans and having a good start. The reality is, the team has been unimpressive in several of their wins. To that, it indicates that this team is still needs to improve. It's FANTASTIC that they're winning right now... but it doesn't necessarily mean this team is great.

There's nothing worse than a team whose ego inflates because they think they're something they're not.

We should all chill out a bit and let the field general do what he does. Enjoy the journey, no doubt, but don't think it only has value if everything is infinitely happy and positive.

[...steps off soapbox...]

Well Said!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was simply stating the obvious....that he has been on other teams that had more experience and talent. But, he went on to compliment this team, and to basically state that they are overcoming the problems associated with such a young team. Personally, I like his honesty.

Last year he said he had not been on such a talented team and caught ****. And then he went on to imply that as the youth develops, it has the potential to be the best he will see in his career. He is right on both counts.

This is a very talented young team that has not reached its full potential...he is reminding the young guys to avoid reading the press clippings and keep up the hard work that has gotten them this far.

Members online

Latest posts