Everyone is Happy - I am confused ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just finished watching one of the most exciting Packer wins in a long time. I got to see Brett do it in style and prove all the nay sayers wrong again. He was throwing deep ( which some said he couldn't anymore ) , He was throwing accurate ( over 140 % passer rating ) and I was ecstatic !!!

What more could you want being a fan of the Packers and of Brett Favre ?

Then came the interview ???

Those of you who know me, know I have never said a bad word about Brett and stood on his side when the fools were crying for his retirement so know that it upsets me to ask:

Why the hell did he feel the need to mention two or three times during his interview that he has played on better teams ?

What is going through his mind ?

As far as I am concerned, Brett is the best QB to ever play this game but for the first time I don't follow the logic here. I watched the interview with Jennings just before the Brett Interview. Jennings was all class and made some great remarks about Brett having faith in the team etc, then came Brett's interview and it was a major letdown in my opinion.

Why not just enjoy the win and praise your team mates ? Am I over reacting ?

Again, for those who may take me out of context "Brett is the Best to play the game in my opinion and I have never bashed him.

Just looking to see what others think about this because it really left a sour note in my mouth after such a great win !!!

Cheers all

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he (and MM) want this young team to keep working hard to improve, because we haven't put close to a complete game together yet. Favre also said it's hard to doubt this team.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is Happy - I confused ?

the way i took it was he was talking about more experienced teams not better, i think he said at the podium of the first game that this could be the most "talented" team he has ever played on, i think its just favre trying to get a rise out of someone

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's interviews always kinda bad, ******** on the party, and when I bring it up, I'm "anti-favre" so...im glad I missed this one and didn't start a thread on it! lol.

6-1 !

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is just serving up that humble pie you could say huh? It's just his style. Every interview I see of him seems to be like that haha!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's interviews always kinda bad, ******** on the party, and when I bring it up, I'm "anti-favre" so...im glad I missed this one and didn't start a thread on it! lol.

6-1 !

Well, you know me trom,

I have never had a bad word to say about Brett but I am not so sure this was one of his better moments ( trying to build up the team or not, I know he could have said things a little different here ) !!! Just my opinion.

Like you said 6-1 ( I love Brett to death but he needs some PR work ) !!!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i saw the interview i think hes just brett favre man, hes always been the same and he isnt going to crown the packers after this, i disagree that he was negative, he said that was one of the best games , i thought he actually was more posative than usual

Reaction score
Brett speaks without thinking.

That makes you relate to him at times, but at other times you think "WTF, seriously Brett you're 38 and still haven't figured out to think before you speak".

This isn't a new thing... Brett has said on a couple of occasions something like "I don't know if we are a better team than last year" and "I've played on more talented teams"...

Thank goodness the youngsters will just shrug and not get ticked off at Brett if the reporters ask them their feelings about what Brett said.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Thank goodness the youngsters will just shrug and not get ticked off at Brett if the reporters ask them their feelings about what Brett said.

Hope your right aadp !!!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i saw the interview i think hes just brett favre man, hes always been the same and he isnt going to crown the packers after this, i disagree that he was negative, he said that was one of the best games , i thought he actually was more posative than usual

brennan1884,

Your right in that he was "very positive" in parts of the interview and that's what confused me, maybe I am just taking it too seriously but I really would have liked to see him "acknowledge" the team and specific players a little more.

Arggg, I will watch the interview again and get a better perspective, thanks !!!

Reaction score

Hope your right aadp !!!

I don't think such comments make the youngsters (like Jennings, Jones, Grant, etc.) happy to the brink of crying tears-of-joy.

But the youngsters have shown good maturity and seem to take things in stride.

I hope there isn't any Javon Walker type stuff that spills out with Favre being Favre.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he wants this team to keep its head on its shoulders so we don't slip up and lose games we should have won (like Chicago)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he wants this team to keep its head on its shoulders so we don't slip up and lose games we should have won (like Chicago)

This is also one of the things that's said when he says things like this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the guy IS right. We haven't won any titles yet. We are in first place right now, but a couple bad bounces and we could have been 4-3 instead of 6-1. It could all come tumbling down if they don't stay FOCUSED. Did you see Brett at the end of the game? Going around hugging everyone? Who cares if he isn't a great "rah rah" speaker?
The guys he plays with know what he's all about, and what he means. If they don't i'm SURE he would clarify it for them. DD is there to help the youngin's if they have any questions about Brett.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winni..

You are over-reacting...plain and simple.

And some of you other guys are just too damn sensitive.

Favre is telling the truth. He's not going to be like you guys (the fans), kissing everyone's *****, and telling them things are perfect when they're not. He did compliment them enough. He's just not going to get all mooey gooey about it. He's doing exactly what a good leader should be doing.

Fact is, Green Bay was lucky to get out of there with a win, and Favre knows it.

Why are some of you trying to **** on Favre?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett does speak AFTER he thinks. His thought process is simply the truth. Easily, I can name at least 3 years they were better. He was simply saying that they have yet to play complete games, something the mid 90's teams did with regularity. Put the 96 team on the field last night and they pound it in on both 1st and goals and this game doesn't even go to OT.

I am sure that the team wants to be "the best he has played on" and will continue the effort to get there.

whether it hurts or not, the truth always commands respect.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett speaks without thinking.

That makes you relate to him at times, but at other times you think "WTF, seriously Brett you're 38 and still haven't figured out to think before you speak".

This isn't a new thing... Brett has said on a couple of occasions something like "I don't know if we are a better team than last year" and "I've played on more talented teams"...

I think you guys are kind of looking at this the wrong way. He does think before he speaks, but he also says exactly what he thinks, not what someone else may want him to say. This team isn't as good as the 2006 team right now. To say it's the best team he's ever been on would be a lie. But he also says a lot of good things about this team, and they probably mean more to the current players when they know it's not him just saying what he's supposed to say.

<edit> N/M Trippster beat me to it.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winni..

You are over-reacting...plain and simple.

Fuzznuts,

You are right, I was over reacting. I watched the interview again today and realized:

- He gave credit to the D twice.
- His actual quote was " I feel like I was on some better teams but it's hard to doubt this team"
- He also mentioned good team chemistry.

Don't know what got into me last night ( maybe it was because the Jenning's interview was so up beat by comparison)

My Mistake everyone,

Cheers !!!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem Winni. It's all good.

I loved when they asked Jennings what he thought when the ball was up in the air and he said, "Go get that ball"!

It was funny.

Jennings is a serious dude, doesn't seem like too much of a joker.

He seems like a quality human being, though.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Jennings in the post game conference? He said when he saw the ball he didn't think he was going to be able to get to it, but he ran and it fell right into his hands. I've seen these passes from Favre before, and you always know something special is going to happen, because the ball hangs for a moment in its descent and things seem to happen in slow motion. Both Favre and Jennings said the ball seemed to be up there forever. I gotta agree!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When I seen the ball go into Jennings hands I jumped up and pumped my fist many many times so bad it still hurts today. I call it a "Wynn" injury.

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could be being honest and firing up his team because he has played on better teams 1996 for example

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
we call our team young kids and what not, but truth be told they are men, brett is talking about his team, his men. hes not going to ******** them

6 - 1 can get into many players heads, especially a young player. for instance, look at the cowboys, they think they are better than the patriots even though they got their *** beat by them. i know i know typical response, but they truly think they are better.

bottom line, brett has to keep his young team in check, thats what hes doing. his MEN know this and get this, so should we

[align=center]--- the above is my opinion on the topic ---[/align]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts