1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles fan here, Do you think Darren Perry would make a good DC ?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dawhole9, Jan 29, 2011.

1. dawhole9

dawhole9 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I dont know much about him. I know we just hired Washburn as our Dlines coach and he is used to coaching a 4-3 defensive scheme. Problem is if we hire Perry would he know how to run a 4-3? Hes played in and only coached 3-4 defenses right?

I wish we could get Trgovac because he has experience as a DC. If we cant get him then maybe Perry could help out our horrible defense.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    No, all of our coaches would be terrible! lol. Perry has basically only played and coach in the Pittsburgh scheme. I'd imagine if he gets hired on as a DC he'd bring a 3-4 with him.

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    why is it everytime u make a thread it says eagles fan here?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    NO, get off our kool-aid! :)

5. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    I honestly think there isn't a "staff coach" that can bring anything near what Dom Capers is bringing...that guy has basically made us contenders in 2 years, nearly less then 2 years...I don't know how much of a contribution a Safeties Coach would be as play caller on Defense and drawing up the Schematics...I think it's a crapshoot for the Eagles if they get him...but, Trgovac is probably the best available "Staff Coach" on our squad

6. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    They all really suck, go raid the Falcons pool of coaches. They were the number 1 seed you know.
    Honestly I think all of our position coaches are all stud coordinators. Why not, they've been groomed by the Packers.
    It sucks to be the best team in the NFL, everyone wants to be us.

7. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Look at what he's done with Sam Shields! I think that says it all for the guy. But yeah, realistically, he's horrible and you need to look at the Bears or Vikings coaching staffs.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm sure there's crossover Murgen, but Perry is the safeties coach. Joe Whitt Jr is the CBs coach.

9. sully

sully Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Coordinators from winning teams don't always make the best coaches and coordinators from losing teams don't always make the worst coaches. See Josh McDaniels and Mike McCarthy for examples.

That said, I have faith any new guy we get will be able to step up, as we'll have Capers involved in the decision.

We all knew it was bound to happen sometime.