1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eagles beat Dallas!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    i hope they rise to the challenge just like they did last year, oh whammy!

2. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Unless you have a guy with a serious injury, you don't rest anyone, you keep playing to keep continuity in your game. As far as Im concerned if you can play, you play.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    I'm with you on that one, Packedhouse

4. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fair enough...I hear ya.

6. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Especially since they are guaranteed a week off between week 17 and their first playoff game. That's plenty of time to get rest.

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't believe when I got home and heard the Cowboys lost. Seems no matter how bad the Eagles season is you never can get comfortable when you play a Jim Johnson led D. They almost had the Pats too and I'm glad we faced them the first game of the year

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I'd been able to watch the Cowboys lose. I knew they had a chance to lose two games down the stretch, as they still had to play the Eagles and Redskins. Now they are halfway there.

The other night, I turned on that FOX Sports football show with Eddie George, Jason Sehorn, and Tim Brown, and when they broke for a commercial, they said that when they came back they would be talking about the NFL's "elite" teams: the Cowboys, Colts, and Patriots. This is the crap that most of the national media has been feeding us all year: That the Packers really aren't among the league's best teams.

9. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Westbrook is a genious!!!!!

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    Before we get our hopes up, we have to go to the bears' house and beat them. Since they beat us at lambeau I don't see that as an easy victory.

11. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You make an excellent point - I'm nervous about that too! But it's nice that we can even hope for it :D

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    I think Dallas is on a slippery slope. they lost this week, and they should have lost against Detroit last week. they are going up against Carolina, who beat the NFC West champion Seaturkeys today, and the Skins week 17, who are currently putting the hurt on the Giants. so, they're at a cross-roads. it could go either way for them, and if last year was any indicator, they're going down!

13. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You mean, the Bears went into our house and we gave them the game? They certainly didn't do anything to beat us. We gave them the game. We are a better team than we were then.......much better, and the Bears have Kyle Orton starting at quarterback.

14. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the Bears played a good game. Griese played mistake-free football, and the Bears defense tightened up in the second half. The Packers are more talented and should be able to beat them in Chicago, but I don't expect it to be easy. This is the Bears' last chance to salvage some pride this season.

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    False. This is the Packers' chance to make damn sure the Bears salvage no pride this season.

16. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think the Packers will still be pissed after blowing it against Chicago at Lambeau. This one won't be close.

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What did I say that was "false"? I'm confused.

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    I was just kidding around. putting a little positive Packer propaganda into your assertion. An opportunity for the Bears to salvage the season becomes an opportunity for the Pack to make sure that doesn't happen.

19. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    man if ONLY the LIONS would of held on! we still have a shot though. ATleast the next 2 games for dallas are away games right?

20. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That Westbrook play at the end reminds me of Charles Woodson's interception return for a TD near the end of the Chiefs game. I was thinking (right after the play, not during it) that if Woodson had taken a knee or run out of bounds without scoring the Packers could've run out the clock, instead of giving the Chiefs the ball back with an outside shot at scoring a quick TD, recovering an onside kick, and scoring again.

Westbrook showed amazing awareness in doing what he did. That was above and beyond what coaches even expect.

Oh, and thanks for your explanation, Bozz. I was starting to get a little testy there. Sometimes I get like that.

21. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

haha good luck getting any cornerback to take a knee instead of getting a pick 6.

22. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Didn't the Chiefs have 3 time outs?

23. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The problem Romo was having was with his execution.

4 step drop.... Look at the first option... Check off.... Look up at the owners box.... Smile.... Wink.... Look at second option.... Check off.... Look up at the owners box.... Smile.... Wink... Pressure Now. Pass Incomplete.

The Cowboys need to not allow Jessica Simpson in the stadium, let alone in the owners box.

R.P.

24. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dallas should be 10-4 right now. The Bills threw that game away, and the Lions should've won. Now Romo is injured. 12-4 is a distinct possibility, but I'll be happy if they end up 13-3. Washington should beat them up in Week 17.

25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Pack is in Post.
    I could give two craps about the Reg.
    All I care about now, Pack going all the way!