1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Driver urged Rodgers to sit during Lions game. My question is...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Dec 16, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Driver says he urged Rodgers to stay out of game

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Where in the hell were our medical staff/coaches?? The article I've been reading all over the internet says that Rodgers actually wanted to go back in the game after bouncing his head off the turf and suffering what looked to be a pretty significant concussion. Driver walked over to the bench where Rodgers was sitting (Thank God) and strongly urged him to sit out, telling him "It's just a game" which I agree with.

I don't understand honestly why he was left in the game to finish the series out (Taking ANOTHER sack in the process) and not pulled immediately and forbidden to go back in by our medical staff. I'm rapidly losing faith in the Packers medical staff. Rodgers is THE franchise for the next 10 years hopefully, and he is a person, with a life outside of football. WTF were they doing considering letting him go back in, why was it in his hands to begin with? I can only imagine how badly he could have been hurt if he'd have gone back in and taken another shot to the head. Even the other players around him said that they knew immediately that he was not right. Why didn't our medical staff/coaches notice? Just watch him try to get up, and his first few steps after he was up, it's pretty obvious he was hurt!

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
  4. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240