1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

draft picks

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mrhustle11, Dec 26, 2005.

1. mrhustle11

mrhustle11 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What draft pick with the packers have?????? In the final week of the regular season there are several teams with a 3-12 record- Jets, New Orleans, San Fran, and the Packers. The Texans, who are 2-13, play San Fran and if they win they will be tied with the rest of the 3 win teams (that is if everyone loses). So if all these teams share the same record where do the packers stand with getting the number one pick.

I believe that if the packers dont the number one pick to take bush they should look to trade down.... i know the broncos have 2 first rounders.....we could take a darnell bing or greenway with those picks. let me know what you think

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming all finish with 3-13 records I think we pick #3 behind SF and New Orleans.

3. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And if SF is first and New Orleans second..and us third...the draft would look like this:

SF-Reggie Bush
    NO-Matt Leinart
    GB- ___ ______(?????)

4. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it would look like this if Houston beats the 49ers:

1. NO
    2. NYJ
    3. HOU
    4. GB
    5. SF

The Jets will pick ahead of us unless they win against Buffalo, which is certainly possible.

5. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this is what the current draft order looks like as of Week 16-

ROUND ONE
    1. Houston (2-13)
    2. New Orleans (3-12)
    3. New York Jets (3-12)
    4. Green Bay (3-12)
    5. San Francisco (3-12)
    6. Tennessee (4-11)
    7. Oakland (4-11)
    8. St. Louis (5-10)
    9. Buffalo (5-10)
    10. Arizona (5-10)

6. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    according to cbs sportsline........

1. Houston
    2. NO
    3. GB

it's really tough to say what would happen with the SOS between houston, gb, no, nyj, sf so i'm just gonna wait a week and see.

7. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holmgren will let his buddy Sherman win this weekend and we will end up with 4 wins.

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Holmgren might like to beat Sherman at least once in his career so I don't see him rolling over and giving Sherman the win.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well they've talked about it quite a bit on the radio today. first thing i heard was expect to see the hawks starters cuz they have a bye week.

as far as the draft, if houston wins and the saints and packers lose, it would be saints #1 and gb #2 based on SOS. a lot of people seem to think it's an easy call that the saints take their qb of the future, which would leave #5 sitting at #2.

10. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that order is correct

11. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To a point. Holmgren wants to get Alexander the record for TDs. After last year's yardage fiasco Holmgren will work hard to get SA that record. I doubt Darrell Jackson plays or at least plays much. The rest of the offense will be in until SA gets the record then I think most of them sit. The defense will probably be subbing a lot.

I don't think Seattle sits guys long enough for us to win but you never know. And Favre always wants to do well against Holmgren.