Draft Day Trades

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we'd have to trade up too far for either Lee or Ragland. I've said from day 1 that there will be a run on the DL in the middle of the first. So I suspect that Lee and Ragland will start getting looks in the early/middle portion in the 20s of round 1.

DL is the deepest position in this draft. Teams will take full advantage of it. Then you'll have a player or two who slides further than expected. It always happens.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a player we could get value for that we would be willing to part with to move up on draft day?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, one prospect I am high on that I think will be a great pro, is ILB Deion Jones from LSU. I don't see his name mentioned much on this forum.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, one prospect I am high on that I think will be a great pro, is ILB Deion Jones from LSU. I don't see his name mentioned much on this forum.

I think I heard on the radio that Kiper has him as his #4 or 5 best olb. Dunno if he can play ilb? But you're right, I've seen zero mention of him here. What do you like about him exactly?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I heard on the radio that Kiper has him as his #4 or 5 best olb. Dunno if he can play ilb? But you're right, I've seen zero mention of him here. What do you like about him exactly?

Because he is the kind of ILB we need to cover RB's and TE's.

Mayock has him rated as his 5th best ILB. I guess people rate them differently. Anyway, he is one of those sideline to sideline ILB's. He played a lot of ILB while at LSU (especially on 3rd down) - He ran a 4.5 at the combine. So he has some wheels.

Him and Darron Lee are comparable in size. Both are small and can run like Safeties.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/deion-jones?id=2555162

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a player we could get value for that we would be willing to part with to move up on draft day?
Maybe Hyde or another DB. Possibly any of the WR's. They have more value for the Packers than another team I'd think. Any of the young guys would have more value/potential in Green Bay.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The more I think about this draft, the more I think the first round choice won’t play either ILB or TE.

Last edited:

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Hyde or another DB. Possibly any of the WR's. They have more value for the Packers than another team I'd think. Any of the young guys would have more value/potential in Green Bay.
What about Brett Hundley? What would his draft day value be?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK, I was just thinking that maybe we could parlay Hundley (or somebody else) and draft picks to move up and get Myles Jack, possibly.

We'd need to couple our #27 pick with value equivalent to another first round pick in the #15 range to move up high enough for Jack, so you're basically implying that Hundley, a back-up QB with no regular season experience, has value equal to the #15 overall pick. Maybe give that thought another once-over to see if it still passes inspection. :D

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd need to couple our #27 pick with value equivalent to another first round pick in the #15 range to move up high enough for Jack, so you're basically implying that Hundley, a back-up QB with no regular season experience, has value equal to the #15 overall pick. Maybe give that thought another once-over to see if it still passes inspection. :D
I thought Hundley was well regarged as a QB with potential. That is why I believe in the philosophy of acquiring young QB's to groom every year or two and turning them over into draft picks.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Hundley was well regarged as a QB with potential. That is why I believe in the philosophy of acquiring young QB's to groom every year or two and turning them over into draft picks.

That's more Madden talk. He is a good young QB with potential, but he doesn't have anywhere near that kind of value, and his true value to us, at the moment, is as a back-up.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's more Madden talk. He is a good young QB with potential, but he doesn't have anywhere near that kind of value, and his true value to us, at the moment, is as a back-up.
Well, I knew he was regarded very highly by some here, I didn't know how the rest of the NFL circles felt.

D

Deleted member 6794

BTW, if Thompson completely lost his mind he could trade all his picks and move up to about the 10th pick.

I guess that if the Packers wanted to trade up close to the 10th pick the other team would ask for this year's first- and second- as well as next year's second-round pick.

What about Brett Hundley? What would his draft day value be?

After Tolzien signed with the Colts that would leave us without a back-up QB.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess that if the Packers wanted to trade up close to the 10th pick the other team would ask for this year's first- and second- as well as next year's second-round pick.

So sign Manziel and lock him in a sturgeon fishing shanty next to the river whenever he isn't at practice. Otherwise I'm sure Coleman that MM was so high on 2-3 seasons ago is still available. :confused:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, if Thompson completely lost his mind he could trade all his picks and move up to about the 10th pick. Don’t laugh, in 1999 Mike Ditka traded all of the Saints picks in that draft (except the 2nd rounder which was previously traded) plus their first and third rounder in the 2000 draft to move up to #5 to pick RB Ricky Williams. On second thought, go ahead and laugh.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=gb

I'm all for trading an entire draft and moving up if Myles Jack agrees to wear a dress and Mike McCarthy wears a tux.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I also never understood why nobody smiled in this picture. It's your wedding day, be happy!

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Aaron Rodgers goes down, the season is lost anyway. That is why I would have no problem trading any backup QB on our roster if the compensation was adequate.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Aaron Rodgers goes down, the season is lost anyway. That is why I would have no problem trading any backup QB on our roster if the compensation was adequate.

It depends on how long Rodgers goes down. If he's lost for the season there's no doubt the Packers won't be a Super Bowl contender. If #12 has to miss only several games during the regular season a decent backup capable of winning half of the games could allow us to still make the playoffs.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to get scooby wright in the draft could be a steal later I have been doing a lot of film on prospects he plays with a high motor wraps up good.. Ragland idk he is good but not worth trading up for imo jaylon smith if he is there in round 3 go for him he is the best out of all.. But missing a whole season ain't worth it right away. Hunter Henry is not worth a 1st for me.. If any packer fans are hoping for him cuz he is the number 1 prospect for te. Literally he is Richard Rodgers the 2nd... He is slow good hands but not a threat.. I say we just draft BPA no matter who it is.. I stand by that not based off needs.. Still pulling for m Bennett getting cut or Jared cook we will see again this was all imo

D

Deleted member 6794

I would love to get scooby wright in the draft could be a steal later I have been doing a lot of film on prospects he plays with a high motor wraps up good.

The Packers are in dire need of an inside linebacker capable of covering RBs and TEs. Wright is great defending the run but unfortunately doesn´t excel in coverage.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I keep thinking on this draft the more I truly feel TT is going to trade up...but not in the 1st....but in the 2nd and/or 3rd. We have 2 picks in the 4th we cannot move that have similar value to our current basic 4th. To me that tells me TT and company around the mid to late 2nd round will start watching their board intently for players they truly feel are contributors that can come in and give something Day 1. TT has missed a few 1st rounders over the years but no one can deny his ability to read the 2nd-4th round talent quite well (I attribute that more to his scouts than him though).

I've also started looking up some of the ILBs not in the top 3 and the LSU guy that some rate as a OLB and others an ILB does intrigue me. SEC player, with skills to go sideline sideline...hips are something that would need refined though, but seems to have the ability to be the coverage style LB. Again not my best case scenario, but with Clay as a stop gap and Barrington and Ryan as decent ILB a 2nd-4th round ILB that is athletic may be just the ticket and thing TT is thinking of doing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to get scooby wright in the draft could be a steal later I have been doing a lot of film on prospects he plays with a high motor wraps up good.. Ragland idk he is good but not worth trading up for imo jaylon smith if he is there in round 3 go for him he is the best out of all.. But missing a whole season ain't worth it right away. Hunter Henry is not worth a 1st for me.. If any packer fans are hoping for him cuz he is the number 1 prospect for te. Literally he is Richard Rodgers the 2nd... He is slow good hands but not a threat.. I say we just draft BPA no matter who it is.. I stand by that not based off needs.. Still pulling for m Bennett getting cut or Jared cook we will see again this was all imo

I agree with you that Henry is not the stretching TE or a 1st rounder but to say he is the second coming of RR is a little unfair to him as well. Just his overall stature and speed (albeit not blazing) makes him a better weapon than RR...however I concur he is not worth reaching for by any means....and I'm a HH fan.

Latest posts