1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dorsey Levens suing the NFL

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679

Discuss.
    Find blame.
    Solve.

2. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    It was THEIR CHOICE. It was THEIR DREAM... to play professional football. From the time they were children to day they retired from the NFL, they knew the risks involved. And they were paid quite well for it.

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    That's why players should save their money and not blow it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure this has more to do with him being down and out rather than his head being messed up.

5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
  6. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    So somebody put a gun to Dorsey Levens' head and said "You play football, and you play it all your life or you DIE! Don't even THINK about investing your money or learning a new trade!"

• Like Like x 1
  7. TomDac

TomDac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm glad the league is taking concussions more seriously. Players are bigger, stronger and faster then they've ever been and they need to protect those guys. I don't know Dorsey's financial situation, but that play looked interesting and I hope he's doing this to bring more awareness to the issue and it's not just a money grab. He is one of my all-time favorite Packers players.

Tom.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I worked out with and talked with Dorsett a few times about 5 years ago.
    He seemed okay to me.

I had 3 concussions as a teenager and I suspect that it has affected my memory a little bit as a lot of things are hazey to me.
    And I never did any drugs so it's either that, or just old age.[/quote]

9. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    And thanks to him and the others, we'll get even worse rules that make this game softer as the years go by. Eventually you won't be able to touch the quarterback anywhere but his torso. You already can't hit in the head, or the knees, which the NFL didn't give a flying **** about until Brady blew his knee out. They didn't care when Joe Thiesmann took one of the worst injuries ever and never came back on the field again, nor did they care when Steve Young would take injuries to his legs from running around, but they care when it's Tom Brady.

Dorsey was an RB though, and I have to say, I see them get face masked more than any other players in the game, and it's OK for them to get it, but it's not OK when it's a WR or the QB. Surely I don't agree with him blaming it on the league and wanting money, but the RB's today don't get sugar coated and all the flags like quarterbacks do.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I'm glad I listened to my mama and stuck with boxing instead of going into football.