Dorsey Levens suing the NFL

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was THEIR CHOICE. It was THEIR DREAM... to play professional football. From the time they were children to day they retired from the NFL, they knew the risks involved. And they were paid quite well for it.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So somebody put a gun to Dorsey Levens' head and said "You play football, and you play it all your life or you DIE! Don't even THINK about investing your money or learning a new trade!"

TomDac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the league is taking concussions more seriously. Players are bigger, stronger and faster then they've ever been and they need to protect those guys. I don't know Dorsey's financial situation, but that play looked interesting and I hope he's doing this to bring more awareness to the issue and it's not just a money grab. He is one of my all-time favorite Packers players.

Tom.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I worked out with and talked with Dorsett a few times about 5 years ago.
He seemed okay to me.

I had 3 concussions as a teenager and I suspect that it has affected my memory a little bit as a lot of things are hazey to me.
And I never did any drugs so it's either that, or just old age.[/quote]

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
And thanks to him and the others, we'll get even worse rules that make this game softer as the years go by. Eventually you won't be able to touch the quarterback anywhere but his torso. You already can't hit in the head, or the knees, which the NFL didn't give a flying **** about until Brady blew his knee out. They didn't care when Joe Thiesmann took one of the worst injuries ever and never came back on the field again, nor did they care when Steve Young would take injuries to his legs from running around, but they care when it's Tom Brady.

Dorsey was an RB though, and I have to say, I see them get face masked more than any other players in the game, and it's OK for them to get it, but it's not OK when it's a WR or the QB. Surely I don't agree with him blaming it on the league and wanting money, but the RB's today don't get sugar coated and all the flags like quarterbacks do.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad I listened to my mama and stuck with boxing instead of going into football.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts