Dolphins/Packers discussing deal to trade QB to Packers?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rantsports.com/miami-dol...rdinals-among-teams-interested-in-matt-moore/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NFL Rumors: Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals Among Teams Interested In Matt Moore

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora is reporting the Dolphins are in talks to move last season’s starter, Matt Moore, to another team. The Arizona Cardinals and the Green Bay Packers are rumored to be the two main teams involved in these discussions.

Although no one would have thought this possible at the end of last season, it has become clear the Dolphins are ready to move in another direction. Moore took over for an injured Chad Henne part way through last season, and was 6-3 in his last 9 starts.

Whatever team is able to work out a deal with the Dolphins, they will be getting a consummate professional and a highly capable backup.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the packers made a statement cutting BJ Coleman, and that statement was heavily backed up by the perfect passer rating of one Graham Harrell on Thursday night. They are set at #2 QB and hoping Coleman makes it through waivers to sit on the PS (which I totally think will happen). Moreover if the packers do add depth at that position I would imagine it would be through someone that got cut not trading away precious picks. That being said this off-season has been madness as far as the TT way goes so I guess anything is possible.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would we hand over to them?? Not Jones? Maybe a draft pick?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We'd want Moore and a draft pick, or at least an OL. Personally I don't see us going for Moore.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Harrell's game the other night I think it was clear he has it somewhere to perform. I'm not too worried. With Walden and Neal coming back they would have to cut someone else to make room for Moore, not sure it would be worth it given Harrell the other night. I actually have some confidence in him after the game, I think he showed that something is there.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NOT saying that I want Moore, but to whom ever said he was medicore, is wrong. He is an above average QB that has been is bad systems and not had the proper mentoring. Living in NC, I had the chance to see him play for the panthers. He is a very decent QB, considering what he had to deal with. He is tall, has quick feet, a good arm, good accuracy. He needs the correct sysytem and he would be very good.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOT saying that I want Moore, but to whom ever said he was medicore, is wrong. He is an above average QB that has been is bad systems and not had the proper mentoring. Living in NC, I had the chance to see him play for the panthers. He is a very decent QB, considering what he had to deal with. He is tall, has quick feet, a good arm, good accuracy. He needs the correct sysytem and he would be very good.

Not disagreeing with you, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre. I actually had him as a backup on my fantasy team last year so I do appreciate him.

W

wxman2003

It's all a moot point. If AR gets hurt, the Packers season is over. Rather have Harrell in there and stink it up and get a high draft pick, than an average qb getting the packers to 8-8 and an average draft pick.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a very decent QB, considering what he had to deal with. He is tall, has quick feet, a good arm, good accuracy. He needs the correct sysytem and he would be very good.
I'm a Matt Moore fan but agree that with Harrell in place, there is no need to trade anything for a QB. Coleman will be good on the practice squad and we will likely keep looking at prospects as Harrell improves and looks to move on like Flynn

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ I didn't say trade anyone/anything, did I ? I am just vouching for the guy. He is above average and has more time in place as a QB. He would be a good fit is all I am saying.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone is accusing you of that. However, it seems that most of us feel that acquiring Moore would require a trade versus just picking him up off of waivers

Members online

Latest posts