Does Konz now become a serious possibility?

Mozhino

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the release of Clifton, the OL is suddenly a hole that needs to be filled, not necessary early in the draft, but if Konz is available, does a move for him make sense? Lang can be our back up tackle if need be, and Konz could do a job at guard if required, as well as being the heir to the center position.

This draft seems to have a lot of depth for OLB's and DE/DT, while the depth for centers and tackles is less so.

Would you be pissed if we passed up on a Mercilus, Still, McClellin Perry to take Konz?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the release of Clifton, the OL is suddenly a hole that needs to be filled, not necessary early in the draft, but if Konz is available, does a move for him make sense? Lang can be our back up tackle if need be, and Konz could do a job at guard if required, as well as being the heir to the center position.

This draft seems to have a lot of depth for OLB's and DE/DT, while the depth for centers and tackles is less so.

Would you be pissed if we passed up on a Mercilus, Still, McClellin Perry to take Konz?
Konz would be nice addition but but we need a D lineman & if we did get him we'ed have to trade up Ravens are lookin at him & yes we do pick before them but if we wnat Cox or Ingram we'll have to trade up for them. Konz may or may not be there at 28

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Is this your site?

http://uk-packer-backers.co.uk/

if so, change your sig line to reflect it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is the best player available you take him. If he is a perennial pro bowler you don't pass that up. My thoughts on this haven't changed since Clifton got released

OP
OP
M

Mozhino

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this your site?

http://uk-packer-backers.co.uk/

if so, change your sig line to reflect it

Nope.

But I know the guy who runs that as well.

Active support for the Packers in an online forum is really picking up here in the UK.

When the International Series games are played here at Wembley, they are always almost all sold out.
Amazing amount of UK fans, and lots of Packer jerseys as well. Which is surprising since the sport is really niche and only for enthusiasts, due to the time difference for games, and that it is not in our culture to appreciate or understand the sport.
When you consider the size of the population of the UK, and that not all fans go to Wembley for the games, it is actually remarkable how it is growing and becoming incredibly popular.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the release of Clifton means we now have to draft Konz. It all depends on who else is available at 28...if there are better players on defense, I would pick defense all day.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the release of Clifton means we now have to draft Konz. It all depends on who else is available at 28...if there are better players on defense, I would pick defense all day.
Don't forget we NEED to get a RB that can get it done. MN has Peterson,Bears have Forte,Lions running game isn't all that great either. We do need to look at who's out there to replace Clifton

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope.

But I know the guy who runs that as well.

Active support for the Packers in an online forum is really picking up here in the UK.

When the International Series games are played here at Wembley, they are always almost all sold out.
Amazing amount of UK fans, and lots of Packer jerseys as well. Which is surprising since the sport is really niche and only for enthusiasts, due to the time difference for games, and that it is not in our culture to appreciate or understand the sport.
When you consider the size of the population of the UK, and that not all fans go to Wembley for the games, it is actually remarkable how it is growing and becoming incredibly popular.

Well I still can't access your link in your sig lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Clifton's release will have no effect on the Packers' draft because even if they didn't release him, he certainly could not have been counted upon. Since Konz is in the title of this thread I thought I'd post an interesting development. Another Badger interior OL may be taken before Konz. Gil Brandt previously had Konz at #47 overall in this draft and Zeitler at #52, but his latest ranking of the top 100 players has Konz at #50 and Zeitler all the way up to #26. I'm a little wary of players who fly up draft boards after the college all star games have concluded, but this tells me one or the other, or a similar player, will be available after the first round.

IMO the rule should be not to take an interior OL in the first round of the draft. Of course there are rare exceptions but first rounders should play positions with more impact. I know Ron Wolf wouldn't have drafted an interior OL in the first round and I'll bet that's a lesson Thompson has learned.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has gone OL in the 1st round in the last two drafts, right? Bulaga and Sherrod. I don't see him going there again. I think the top spot needs to go to another position. There are good Centers he can get later in the draft. This is one position where that has proven to be the case.
It would make sense to spread that 1st round pick around position-wise and not get top heavy in one area. Isn't Burnett the only starter on D drafted since the big year of Raji and CM3? The D is waning to put it mildly so.......you have to invest in things if you want to get results I would say.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
As much as we could probably use a franchise offensive lineman, we can get through this season with our line the way it is.

We can't with our front 7 the way it is. No way. This draft, specifically the first two rounds should be about defense. Linebackers and Defensive Lineman

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Give me Zeitler over Konz the clotting.