Did I miss something?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that by week Sunday's game was my 32nd anniversary as a fan, by date it was this past Friday, so I've seen a lot good and bad. I love this team, but right now I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel due to the things I'm going to mention here. I am interested in your thoughts on what I mention here, and please let's be sensible, and put the damn blow torches and lighters away.

I've seen things this year that I've not seen for 20 years if ever, and it disgusts me.

This summer we had 2 former players make questionable statements about Aaron Rodgers. One of which has since re-phrased and made it sound slightly better.

The Racine Journal Times around the time of the Cincinnati game published an article (That I posted the stat of here) that stated Aaron Rodgers' won/loss record in close games, and it's not good.

The Defense as a whole and Offensive Line for multiple years in a row are horrendous, and there is no sign of anything being done to fix it.

We have lost yes I said LOST because realistically are 5-6 in the Win% column, 4 in a row and while we showed signs of coming out of the coma yesterday, we still showed an inability to beat Minnesota, at home.

Since the Bears game I have seen 2 players, both 2nd string on our bottom tier defense bite back at fans on social media, who may in one case have deserved it, but in the other, the fan merely said 'hey you probably played the worst game of your life, rub some dirt on it, learn and improve, it's all fans really expect', this particular fan was not so much bitten back as blocked by this player.

The team for all intents and purposes is 5-6 and the record is THAT good cause they played against Washington when RG 3 wasn't quite ready to play yet, and Baltimore on a down year!

We have 1 quarterback on the roster who opened training camp with the team, and HE is injured due to the crappy O-Line play.

Right now of what we as fans have left to see this year I don't know IF we have winnable games or not.

I've been through the last 2 plus years of Bart Starr's run as coach. I've been through the Forrest Greg years, as well as the Lindy Infante years. I remember this team starting Anthony Dilweg when Majikowski went down. I was there during the first 2 weeks of '92 when nobody but Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren thought there was a starting QB on this team. Yet somehow this whole year seems worse than any one thing I've been through with this team prior.

Am I gonna jump ship? No. Am I being a Debbie Downer, not on purpose. Am I wondering when we hit the iceberg? Kinda yeah I am. Am I prepared for a couple of down years beyond this year? I hate to say it but yes, but it's something I've done before, I'm just out of shape for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Let me preface this by saying that by week Sunday's game was my 32nd anniversary as a fan, by date it was this past Friday, so I've seen a lot good and bad. I love this team, but right now I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel due to the things I'm going to mention here. I am interested in your thoughts on what I mention here, and please let's be sensible, and put the damn blow torches and lighters away.

I've seen things this year that I've not seen for 20 years if ever, and it disgusts me.

This summer we had 2 former players make questionable statements about Aaron Rodgers. One of which has since re-phrased and made it sound slightly better.

The Racine Journal Times around the time of the Cincinnati game published an article (That I posted the stat of here) that stated Aaron Rodgers' won/loss record in close games, and it's not good.

The Defense as a whole and Offensive Line for multiple years in a row are horrendous, and there is no sign of anything being done to fix it.

We have lost yes I said LOST because realistically are 5-6 in the Win% column, 4 in a row and while we showed signs of coming out of the coma yesterday, we still showed an inability to beat Minnesota, at home.

Since the Bears game I have seen 2 players, both 2nd string on our bottom tier defense bite back at fans on social media, who may in one case have deserved it, but in the other, the fan merely said 'hey you probably played the worst game of your life, rub some dirt on it, learn and improve, it's all fans really expect', this particular fan was not so much bitten back as blocked by this player.

The team for all intents and purposes is 5-6 and the record is THAT good cause they played against Washington when RG 3 wasn't quite ready to play yet, and Baltimore on a down year!

We have 1 quarterback on the roster who opened training camp with the team, and HE is injured due to the crappy O-Line play.

Right now of what we as fans have left to see this year I don't know IF we have winnable games or not.

I've been through the last 2 plus years of Bart Starr's run as coach. I've been through the Forrest Greg years, as well as the Lindy Infante years. I remember this team starting Anthony Dilweg when Majikowski went down. I was there during the first 2 weeks of '92 when nobody but Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren thought there was a starting QB on this team. Yet somehow this whole year seems worse than any one thing I've been through with this team prior.

Am I gonna jump ship? No. Am I being a Debbie Downer, not on purpose. Am I wondering when we hit the iceberg? Kinda yeah I am. Am I prepared for a couple of down years beyond this year? I hate to say it but yes, but it's something I've done before, I'm just out of shape for it.

Wow :eek:. I think we can all feel like this if we really thought about it mate, but at the risk of getting my head bitten off by other fans and probably yourself, 1. it`s only a game, and 2. life runs in cycles so we KNOW that we`ll get back up there eventually. We as fans cant change this, and we just have to weather the storm I`m afraid. I`ve only really been a fan of a particular team for the past ten years, and what a team, but I`ve been a fan of football for maybe thirty years all together.
I`m not putting you down here, far from it, but we as fans HAVE to believe we can turn this around, or there is no point to following them. After the superbowl win, I worked with a Steelers fan who I teased something rotten. When we looked on course to a perfect season we had a stupid bet that if we didn`t do it, I`d have to have my photo taken wearing a Steelers shirt :eek:. That was one of the most painful things I`ve ever done. This season may be dead, and I think honestly we`re a sick animal that is waiting to be put down sooner or later, it`s just a matter of time, but NEXT season we WILL get better. (I`m just off to church, the temple, the mosque and the synagogue to have a word with the big guy to sort it !)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bothers me is the downward pattern we have seen every year since our big SB win.
(Which we got to during a magical run BTW.)
15-1 Then all is gone in the playoffs.
Fail Mary.
And now Air-Run is sidelined.

I'm feeling like we fans are owed big time for these troubles.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if RG3 has been ready at all for any games.
He is overrated.
And in those mentioned games we had Air-Run.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season sucks right now, no doubt. But, we have to consider context in that we are playing with an incredible amount of injuries again that have simply become too much to maintain success.

You mentioned our O-line and D-lines. We have tried to improve both groups since 2010. Drafted two tackles in the first round - both have been injured frequently. It seems we have hit jackpot with Bakhtiari, which should allow Bulaga to move back to RT where he was very good when healthy. Our interior is just fine. Before his injury, I think Rodgers' sack numbers were middle of the league if I remember correctly, so we were improving. And our run game has been really good all year, which reverts back to an improved line.

D-line - we drafted Datone Jones (injured in training camp and has not shown much since unfortunately), Worthy (who just returned from injury), and Daniels. Also, we drafted Perry in the 1st and Neal in the 2nd to improve our OLB. Again, injuries have decimated those positions.

Needless to say, it hasn't been for a lack of effort to try and improve those position groups.

Finally, we were only a 2-loss team with all these injuries before Rodgers goes down. If Rodgers stays healthy, we would be clear front-runners for the division and fighting with NO for the 2 seed (who has a tough couple games down the stretch). Losing the games best player is going to have a significant impact on a team, especially one that was already battling injuries throughout the roster. Frankly, with a healthy Rodgers and new-found run game, this was a team that had some great potential on offense. Imagine next year with Bulaga back at RT, Bakt at LT, and a healthy Cobb. That's a dangerous offense! No doubt we need to shore things up on the other side of the ball, though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would start by saying, respectfully, that I figured someone who has been a fan for as long as you would have learned some perspective by now, especially living through a brutal 80's of Packer football.

Go look at Rodgers' situational stats over the last few years: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/player/splits/2009/419780 You'll see no distinguishable difference between the 4th quarter and any other quarter. There are a lot of factors that go into 4th quarter comebacks. Defense being one of them. Don't read too much into it. There's been nothing in Rodgers' career to indicate that he chokes or is not clutch. 2010-11 should have told us that.

As for as the O-line, the run blocking as a whole has been better than it has been in years and the pass protection has us at only 25th most sacked allowed, a drastic change from previous seasons. That's with one starter out all year and another missing significant time. You're just repeating learned lines about the O-line and it's just not true.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season sucks right now, no doubt. But, we have to consider context in that we are playing with an incredible amount of injuries again that have simply become too much to maintain success.

You mentioned our O-line and D-lines. We have tried to improve both groups since 2010. Drafted two tackles in the first round - both have been injured frequently. It seems we have hit jackpot with Bakhtiari, which should allow Bulaga to move back to RT where he was very good when healthy. Our interior is just fine. Before his injury, I think Rodgers' sack numbers were middle of the league if I remember correctly, so we were improving. And our run game has been really good all year, which reverts back to an improved line.

D-line - we drafted Datone Jones (injured in training camp and has not shown much since unfortunately), Worthy (who just returned from injury), and Daniels. Also, we drafted Perry in the 1st and Neal in the 2nd to improve our OLB. Again, injuries have decimated those positions.

Needless to say, it hasn't been for a lack of effort to try and improve those position groups.

Finally, we were only a 2-loss team with all these injuries before Rodgers goes down. If Rodgers stays healthy, we would be clear front-runners for the division and fighting with NO for the 2 seed (who has a tough couple games down the stretch). Losing the games best player is going to have a significant impact on a team, especially one that was already battling injuries throughout the roster. Frankly, with a healthy Rodgers and new-found run game, this was a team that had some great potential on offense. Imagine next year with Bulaga back at RT, Bakt at LT, and a healthy Cobb. That's a dangerous offense! No doubt we need to shore things up on the other side of the ball, though.

Mostly agree. Yes we have had some unfortunate injury luck but the offense has suffered the most. Regarding the drafting of people on both defense and offense we haven't been able to get the cream of the crop because of our low draft position. Thompson has not chosen to improve that position since we drafted Matthews. Worthy like Jones hasn't shown much. At this point I think Neal and Perry are just guys. Nothing special. Neal btw was not drafted as a LB but a DL

I agree that with AR our record would be better. But the defense didn't step up in his absence and that speaks volumes. So in summary, I think we will/would reach early demise in the playoffs because the defense is just not good enough.

Last edited:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright listen... we are almost assuredly 9-2 at this point in the season if Rodgers doesn't break his collarbone against Chicago... One game back for 1st seed in the NFC...

What we are seeing is the importance of a STUD QB. There are holes, yes. TT and MM have both had a hand in this. But Rodgers is the HEART of this team, period. We are seeing what life would be like without him right now. Matthews, our second best player... we can absorb that. We've proven it. Rodgers. No.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Would anyone who really and truly, in their heart of hearts, thought that the Green Bay Packers would win the Super Bowl following the 2010 season ( 3/4 of the way through that season), please raise their hand. Not I, not for one minute...I truly felt that the 'here one game and gone the next' defense would go AWOL at one point or another in Dallas.

Well, they didn't...they held it together just long enough to take 'er home and then, reappeared all season long in 2011.

Redbird hit's it right on the nuts in his last paragraph.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to keep it in perspective. There are 31 other NFL teams that would give anything to win the Superbowl. It is not an easy task! They are all paid professionals who have dedicated their lives to this task. We have been mightily spoiled in recent years and when our team goes through an ‘average’ success period, we think it’s a catastrophe. Besides, if winning the SB was easy, it wouldn't be special. Here are a couple of ways to look at it:

The other 3 teams in our division, Lions, Bears, and Vikings in 51 years have amassed a combined 1 Superbowl victory. The average number of Superbowl wins is 1.6. We are very fortunate to follow an organization that has 4.

Currently these 8 teams are tops in the NFL power polls: Seahawks, Broncos, Saints, Panthers, Patriots, Chiefs, Cardinals and Niners. In the last 8 years these teams have combined for a total of 1 Superbowl win. Some of these teams are having the best season they have had in many years – or maybe ever (Seahawks, Chiefs, and Panthers). Yet only one of these teams can end up with the Lombardi. I was going to look up their combined records over the last few years and compare it to the Packers but I think you get the point. Seahawks, Panthers, Chiefs, Cards and Niners were racking up the high draft picks in recent years. My point being that it is a constant battle for teams to improve. We are all fishing from the same talent pool and every team gets their shot.

The past 5 SB winners (and their current record) other than the Packers are:

Ravens 5-6
Giants 4-7
Saints 9-2
Colts 5-6
Steelers 5-6

And of course the Packers are struggling at 5-5-1.

My point is that only the Saints are doing well this season. It is difficult to stay on top in this league. Not making excuses, but we have gotten some bad breaks this season and things could easily be very different. The season is not over, not by a long shot. I think if we can just get by Detroit Thursday, Rodgers will be back, and the rest of the season is going to be going much better. We need to get hot right as playoffs start, and all this will be forgotten.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is worth HALF of our salary cap.
With him, we can beat any team.
Without him, we can lose at home to bad teams.

Greg Jennings whined in the off-season about Rodgers getting too much credit when they won and not enough blame, when they lost.

Well this season has proven Jennings is an absolute idiot, and a petty, jealous, spiteful one at that.

My final statement:
I think this incident, losing Rodgers and then not winning a single game without him for over a month, will help vault him to being seen by everyone in and outside as a great leader.
You saw how the team ralleyed, was lifted, with Flynn back.
Just wait til Aaron's back.
I just hope we're 6-5-1 and not 5-6-1, because otherwise, this season is already down the drain.

D

Dan115

I have been a fan since 15 Oct 1961. I live and die with the Packers like we all do here. If you can not take watching the Packers just go to a movie. I for one have to watch every week the entire game even if were are getting blown out. Is is MY Team win or lose. Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to the 00:30 am kickoff here.

Members online

Latest posts