1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Defensive Duo Ready to 'Make Things Happen' for Packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gmann001, May 7, 2006.

1. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    According to AOL Sports, Green Bay may have the best CB's this year (if Woodson stays healthy)...

Defensive Duo Ready to 'Make Things Happen' for Packers

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds good.

3. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is good to see the excitement, and his play will elevate Harris and vice-versa. His signing also strengthened the nickle and dime packages by allowing # 2(Carroll) to slide to #3, 3(Hawkins) to 4 and so on.

Safety also looks on paper to be stronger than last year with Manuel over Roman and Collins a year under his belt.

The back end of the defense was weak with the exception of Harris and Collins last year, but could turn out to be a strength this year if everything works to plan.

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes no doubt the Pack's Secondary is beginning to look like something to be reckon with. I also think the LB's will be strong this year with Hawk Barnett and Taylor with some good talent behind them in Manning,Poppinga, and Hodge

The real question is the DLine. Kabeer,Pickett,Kamp and ?

I am just hoping the the LB's will make up for KGB's liability against the run.

5. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah r seconday is pretty good

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I just hope Mike Montgomery and Cullen Jenkins get more play in KGB's spot on running downs

our d-line is probably gonna be Kampman-Cole-Pickett and the right side d-end is up in the air, but prob KGB most of the time...

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Jenkins will play next to Pickett.

Jenkins never gets any love...

8. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had high hopes for Jenkins but he has never shown any consistent ability. I definitely would rather see Jenkins outside as well.

I think our line come September will be

KGB,Pickett,Cole,Kamp or KGB,Pickett,Williams,Kamp

9. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Jenkins is a very good player, but Cory Williams should be next to Pickett for running downs.

Jenkins is much more effective in the middle than the outside. It would be better to use Montgomery for passing downs in KGB's spot.

We've got a good rotation on the DL right now, with at least 8 guys that are effective in there. I don't have any worries about our DL. It will certainly help to improve the outside LBs to minimize KGB's weakness.

I'm still concerned about safety though. Manuel was an ok backup, but he couldn't beat out Roman in Cincy. Collins is solid, but not yet ready to be the field general we need back there. Other than Roman, who's unhappy with the team right now, we've got no depth. This is one area that I think we could really use a solid veteran player.