Day 3 Players

H

HardRightEdge

This kid could have easily been a WR. A good RB with great receiving skills opens up a lot of things offensively.
From my perspective it does not matter. He wouldn't make the 45 man game day roster as the #3 back unless he can bump somebody off special teams.

The same thing was said of Starks when he came out variously dubbed as "RB/athlete/WR". And he has in fact developed into a good receiver. The prior iteration of Lacy before he ballooned was not too shabby catching the ball either.

There will be more next year. There's still some backing and filling to do at positions that require seasoning. By the 6th. round you're down to "best available player". I've go no problem with a RB at that spot, but he won't last that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And a bunch earlier can run but still can't cover.

In any event, at this stage, anybody thinking some SS/ILB tweener with an ILB background will be taken (or would have ever been taken) for semi-regular play are evidently barking up the wrong tree.

An SS who shows at least some coverage skill on tape who can come down in the box for situational play is the better bet. This ain't college football where these ILBs are selected for spread / option defense within 10 yards of the LOS.

And you get a two-fer with that...safety depth is bad at this point.

We're probably ok with SamBar and Ryan for this season, but we should look to pick up a project and a depth guy with our last three picks.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright we've beefed up both lines the LB corps but now I want to see an interior OL guy. Someone who could be a plus starter in 1-3 years. Need to keep that pipeline of incoming talent going each draft. Grab a guy in rounds 4-7 every draft and then let the depth guys fight tooth nail for their roster spots.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright we've beefed up both lines the LB corps but now I want to see an interior OL guy. Someone who could be a plus starter in 1-3 years. Need to keep that pipeline of incoming talent going each draft. Grab a guy in rounds 4-7 every draft and then let the depth guys fight tooth nail for their roster spots.
Denver just got the guard, McGovern, that I was hoping for.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had hoped Joe Schmidt of Notre Dame would've somehow found his way to Green Bay. His Junior year he was the best player on Notre Dame's defense through 9 games before he broke his leg. This year he wasn't great, but it was because it was first year post surgery/injury. In 2016 I could've seen him easily making the squad and possibly contributing, maybe even starting.

D

Deleted member 6794

Alright we've beefed up both lines the LB corps but now I want to see an interior OL guy.

While Thompson finally added an inside linebacker in Blake Martinez in the fourth round the Packers haven't beefed up the position even close to adequately.