Day 3 Players

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys want?

I'd love the Packers to somehow grab Missouri ILB Kentrell Brothers. OSU Linebacker Josh Perry looks good too.

I don't think Andrew Billings will be on the board when the Packers pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who do you guys want?

I'd love the Packers to somehow grab Missouri ILB Kentrell Brothers. OSU Linebacker Josh Perry looks good too.

I don't think Andrew Billings will be on the board when the Packers pick.

Brothers doesn't present an upgrade in coverage over any of the inside linebackers currently on the roster.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brothers doesn't present an upgrade in coverage over any of the inside linebackers currently on the roster.

That's true, but it's the 4th round and the position has absolutely no depth. Who plays if Barrington or Ryan get injured for more than one game? The Packers literally have no backups.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's true, but it's the 4th round and the position has absolutely no depth. Who plays if Barrington or Ryan get injured for more than one game? The Packers literally have no backups.

I'd prefer the Packers drafting Joshua Perry or Nick Kwiatkowski instead of Brothers. There's no doubt Thompson has to at least add depth to the position.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Kenneth Dixon is there at one of our picks in the 4th?

D

Deleted member 6794

What if Kenneth Dixon is there at one of our picks in the 4th?

Don't get me wrong, Dixon and Perkins are intriguing prospects but do you really want to draft a third string running back ahead of an inside linebacker hopefully addressing the Packers most pressing need???

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would be good with a runningback... devontae booker i think is still available, paul perkins, alex collins
jerell adams
another DT... billings maybe (idk what the deal is with him), ridgeway, idk who else is left
miles killebrew, i like that kid
still some good guards... westerman, garnett, alexander, etc
scooooooobyyyyyy, don't even like him that much but he'd be an instant fan favorite
matt judon is a specimen

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really want to draft a third string running back ahead of an inside linebacker hopefully addressing the Packers most pressing need???

I said "what if". Calm down, LOL

Also, we have two picks in round 4.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Joe Schobert but he's probably a 6th rounder-UFA value right now. Great natural player but he needs learn to play ILB, I think he can do it but it's hard to project him because he put on too much weight to try and stay at OLB. He didn't look like the athlete he was at Wisconsin during the Senior Bowl, just looked slowish.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Joe Schobert but he's probably a 6th rounder-UFA value right now. Great natural player but he needs learn to play ILB, I think he can do it but it's hard to project him because he put on too much weight to try and stay at OLB. He didn't look like the athlete he was at Wisconsin during the Senior Bowl, just looked slowish.

Schobert is an intriguing orospect but best suited to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schobert is an intriguing orospect but best suited to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

NFL.com has him as a WILB, at the NFL he just isn't big enough to play OLB.

EDIT: I think he he has the football IQ, instincts, and at a lower weight the athleticism to play the position. I also think he'd a great fit for fire blitz concepts. He plays with a lot of intensity and plays bigger than he is. Cover ability has been described as adequate, has room to grow there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

NFL.com has him as a WILB, at the NFL he just isn't big enough to play OLB.

Possibly, but I'm not convinced he's athletic enough to line up as a Will linebacker in a 3-4. In addition there's no way of knowing he possesses the instincts necessary to play the position.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly, but I'm not convinced he's athletic enough to line up as a Will linebacker in a 3-4. In addition there's no way of knowing he possesses the instincts necessary to play the position.

True, but this is a part of the draft where you can take a flyer on someone. Most ILB prospects at this stage are developmental players or flawed, either inexperienced or foot slow or stiff.

D

Deleted member 6794

True, but this is a part of the draft where you can take a flyer on someone. Most ILB prospects at this stage are developmental players or flawed, either inexperienced or foot slow or stiff.

Agreed, I would feel way better about taking a flyer on an potential inside linebacker today if Thompson would have adequately addressed the position by now this offseason though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I would feel way better about taking a flyer on an potential inside linebacker today if Thompson would have adequately addressed the position by now this offseason though.

Yeah but who actually fits the bill/has the ability to grow into the position? Most of these guys left can't run and can't cover.

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think scooby wright will be a great pick up. Before his injury, he was in the heisman comp. once healed 100%, he'll be a solid starter.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah but who actually fits the bill/has the ability to grow into the position? Most of these guys left can't run and can't cover.
And a bunch earlier can run but still can't cover.

In any event, at this stage, anybody thinking some SS/ILB tweener with an ILB background will be taken (or would have ever been taken) for semi-regular play are evidently barking up the wrong tree.

An SS who shows at least some coverage skill on tape who can come down in the box for situational play is the better bet. This ain't college football where these ILBs are selected for spread / option defense within 10 yards of the LOS.

And you get a two-fer with that...safety depth is bad at this point.

H

HardRightEdge

Or go for a free safety and let Burnett come down in the box when you need a coverage tweener. Safeties come with field awareness you're not likely to get from an ILB. So many of them just drop and stand there; I think we've seen enough of that with Palmer and then Thomas.

H

HardRightEdge

I advocated taking him in the 3rd. He could be an effective weapon for us. He fills a need. We need as many great players as we can get!
Running backs are plug and play more than any other position on the field. Next draft....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts