TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Davon House

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davon Takin it to the House has looked much better so far this year, with a year under his belt seeing & studying this system.
Found this elsewhere:

There have been 10 first round CB's drafted in the last three years.
If you rank them by HT/WT, 40, shuttle, and 3-cone and then throw House in the mix he fits right in.

3 players are bigger.
5 players had a faster 40.
5 players had a faster shuttle.
3 players had a faster 3 cone.

Patrick Peterson is the only player who bested House in all four categories.
House bested Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Haden, Jackson, and Robinson in all four.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him and you can bet he really is benefiting from the leadership of the older vets in the defensive backfield, as well as the competition from all the other guys jockeying for a roster spot. I hope he pans out and I can't wait for preseason to really get a good look at all these guys I am reading tweets about all day from TC.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He certainly looks the part. We'll really see what he can do during the pre-season games, but it's good that we are only hearing good things about him now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I recall, sadly, from watching House last year was that he tackled like Deion Sanders.
But then I saw Sam Shields all year tackle the same way..... so we need to hope these guys have bulked up, and man up and tackle people this year.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
House

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the starter of this thread: Really scintillating topic - it "only" took about 9 months to get a response! :D
Haha, you're welcome.
Actually I was about to post a thread about House because I saw nothing..... but I did the deep search, and low & behold, I found this.

There were raves about Casey Hayward on the first day or 2 of camp. Now Davon House.
They also pumped up Jarrett Bush.
Then there's the super speedster Sam Shields.

As long as Tramon gets/stays healthy enough to play like the 2009-2010 Tramon, we'll be fine whoever emerges amongst these other guys at the nickel, dime, and below spots.

I predicted House, with a year extra of experience in the system, would be ahead of Hayward. We'll see what happens comes September 9th. I expect plenty of ups and downs betweem now & then. And then there will be a total of 19 games....

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne had an interesting piece on House yesterday.

Last edited:

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to see determination and hard work rewarded (even if it took a little time for the light to go on) so I'm rooting for House. Of course I only want him to start at CB if he earns it and at this point I'm very happy he's in the mix for the job.

I love that we are even having this discussion. There are so many young talented guys that we can hope one guy earns his playing time and isn't just thrown out there because that's all we have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts