Dang choker Cowboys

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do understand WHO does it. Just wonder HOW it's done. Seems to be a phrase that's tossed about but I always wonder how one can say that this guy is a better CB than that guy is a TE.

My understanding: They grade players. Each prospect is graded by the area scouts. Many are weeded out as undraftable. Those left are studied more in depth film. And the grade is adjusted. Combine may adjust grade - though TT said they rarely make changes based on combine numbers. But players are ranked by a grade.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I do understand WHO does it. Just wonder HOW it's done. Seems to be a phrase that's tossed about but I always wonder how one can say that this guy is a better CB than that guy is a TE.
Listen very closely to post draft press conferences. I've picked up a few clues from Thompson, Gutekunst and LaFleur along the way. Thompson would inadvertently drop one or two every year between swigs from his water bottle. He was such a loud mouth, Lol.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I now believe Edge has moved up to likely one of our first three picks...I wish it didnt, But KE wont be back till mid 24 at best. What do you feel is issue with Gary over last 6-7 games did he just hit a fatigue wall maybe due to his ACL.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Historical tendencies indicate that is a lie. LOL

If you follow the draft for a long time and do a good job of looking backwards, you get a good feel for things like:

1) What analysts are worth listening to and at which positions.

2) What types of skills tend to translate better.

3) What type of athlete tends to hit more frequently.

4) Which red flags matter and are likely to impact success.

5) Which NFL teams are better at picking/developing which positions.

And so forth.

That knowledge will make one better at projecting success than someone trying to figure it out on their own.

But I don’t have some sophisticated scout’s eye or nuanced understanding of various techniques and schemes. If you left me in a room alone with all the college tape, I would not impress anyone.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I now believe Edge has moved up to likely one of our first three picks...I wish it didnt, But KE wont be back till mid 24 at best. What do you feel is issue with Gary over last 6-7 games did he just hit a fatigue wall maybe due to his ACL.

Whether via coaching or his choice or both, Gary keeps trying to rush high side and is easily neutralized. He needs to start rushing through his man or countering inside.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually most of the time the order is known to not be set in stone...if the person discussing the draft isn't aware of that, I'd recommend not paying much attention to their takes or their mocks. LOL :D
Trust me, I pay very little attention to anyone's mocks, especially my own, anytime before April 2nd.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
5) Which NFL teams are better at picking/developing which positions.
Packers should draft a QB 1st round this year with the Bears taking a MLB. Develop both players through the '25 season then trade them. Win-win for both teams. Okay not the Bears but you get the idea.

Members online

Latest posts