1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cutler out for extended period

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by longtimefan, Nov 20, 2011.

1. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    On the human side: I feel bad for any individual that has a season or career ending injury. I sincerely hope that Jay Cutler will fully recover.
    On the Packer fan side: Ha ha, the Bears suck and I hope you don't win any more games.

2. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    Time to call Favre.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Is it confirmed he's out for the season? I'm surprised they knew so soon. That's terrible news for the Bears. On the bright side, Haine didn't do so bad last year. They may still have a shot at the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,953
    if it is at least a 6 week thing..there are only 6 weeks left

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    6 weeks in the regular season. I'm thinking he may be back for the playoffs if the Bears can get themselves in without him.

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I think this is a minor set back to the Bears. They will have problems, but they are a run first team, if they can't run the ball these last few weeks, they are done.

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    I think the way he broke his thumb is why he can't play. I kind of view it as, OMG Chicago has a passing game for the first time in years, and yeah it's back to normal, they'll be a defense first team again, some kind of football god changed it.

8. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I feel bad for Cutler,I don't care for his whining,but they should not over look any team ,hawks are doing okay broncos some of these teams could upset dabears,and teams as seahwaks and raiders who like to pass could hurt their scondary.

9. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +45
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,953
    He broke it on a int he threw? Sounds like he tried to tackle the guy?

11. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    LOL! That was my first thought exactly on hearing of Cutler's injury.

With a fairly stout defense, a good run game and adequate receivers; this the perfect situation for the old man (BF), provided of course, that the Bear o-line could keep him upright. Plus the added incentive of beating the Packers one last time and possibly knocking us out of the play-offs later?? Wouldn't doubt if later some time this week, we hear on the NFL channel that there has been a siting at a local Mississippi HS, of some old man slinging the football around to a bunch of 10th graders! :laugh:

12. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Yep, if you see the replay you do feel sorry for the guy. He was blocked away from the returner and reached out to grab the returner as he was going down. A real football players kind of effort and he went down hard.