Curry to Giannis

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That impressive. I couldn't even pull that off if I dusted off my old Jordans and hooped it up on the 8 footer we used to rattle the hell out of.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Amazing. Two highly skilled guys obviously having fun hot *******. :) Man, it's not the game I grew up with, but... WOW ... just WOW!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Giannis is truly a "Greek Freak", so much fun to watch. I think he should have won the MVP, but hometown player is a popular choice so Durant gets it.

Giannis was the leading scorer in the game with 38 and the other Bucks All Star, Khris Middleton had a pretty good night as well, he was tied for 2nd in points on "Team Giannis" with 20 points.

Although it didn't count, loved Giannis attempt at being funny/sneaky and rebounding his own intentional miss on a free throw and slamming it home.

A good story on Giannis and how he nearly left the NBA his rookie season, because his family couldn't get visas to come live in the US.

https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-news...ost-left-nba-family-struggled-securing-visas/

Another highlight reel for him and his own all night long dunking contest.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kind of makes me wish I liked basketball. I don't, but highlight reels are fun to watch. Even if it does look like they let them take too many steps before they dunk. I swear I've seen guys not dribble the ball after they cross half court and still slam it down and not be called for traveling. I've watched football games with fewer 5 and 7 steps and there haven't been that many steps made in all my AA meetings combined. I know Jordan could levitate but 70% of the league now? Come on man!

Although it didn't count, loved Giannis attempt at being funny/sneaky and rebounding his own intentional miss on a free throw and slamming it home.

can you do this or not because when my nephew played there was a kid on another team who would do this almost every time with his second shot and it worked most of the time. Not the dunking part but he almost always got his own rebound and most of the time his team scored. Maybe the kid was just a bad free throw shooter and a good rebounder, or maybe my nephew's team was just bad and had a poor coach who couldn't see it (well, no maybe about those last two) but it sure seemed intentional to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

The only thing I have read was that it was a violation of the rules (maybe didn't hit the rim first?) and if it hadn't been, he stepped over the free throw line before releasing the ball anyway, which is another violation.

But yes, was still funny as hell. The camera panned to a coach on the bench and he had a huge smile on his face like "WTH just happened?"

I made the mistake of watching the game on TBS, found out later it was on TNT as well. The TBS coverage was horrid. At the beginning of the game they were using an overhead camera that made me dizzy and the 4 guys doing the announcing were just clowns the whole game, talking over each other and not even bothering with a play by play.

Members online

Latest posts