1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Crosby special???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I happen to agree with this, although Rayner isn't a bad kicker, go with the kid with more upside.

As said in another thread... I wonder if there is a market to trade a kicker???

The dolphins got a 6th for Olindo Mare :)

http://pu2006.typepad.com/

ROOKIE KICKER LOOKS SPECIAL

While the question as to who will be the Packers kicker this season won’t be answered for another few weeks, one thing is already perfectly clear 16 days into training camp - Mason Crosby is special. “The kid’s going to be one of the best in the game,” predicted a former scout. “He’s close to perfect. He has a compact deliver, an incredibly strong leg and supreme confidence. That’s pretty much the trifecta for a kicker.”

2. recte44

recte44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel like he's going to win the job.
    '

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Crosby's a draft pick and Rayner's a free agent. All things being equal, the draft pick will win the job.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like a lot of other people, I am starting to lean toward Crosby as well. They should trade Rayner now, and possibly a defensive lineman, in exchange for a tight end, if there are any decent ones available. And if another team insists on Crosby, trade Crosby. There's nothing wrong with Rayner.

5. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    He also boomed two(I think) into the endzone and that is important as well. For a while there our kickers weren't getting it passed the 10 yard line and the return was always getting down to the 30 to 35.

Even when we did stop them the punt backed us up and we would be in the hole without the other team doing a thing.

I like this much better.

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking the same exact thing while I watched the Steeler game on sunday. Crosby's upside is just massive, and he's been performing on the upper half of his projected performance after the Pack took him.

Plus he's a draft pick.