COVID Sit-outs

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers has been creeping towards Favre territory though the last few years Imo.

Do you care to elaborate on how you come up with that conclusion? Rodgers has repeatedly mentioned that he wants to play into his 40s and finish his career in Green Bay. That's the complete opposite of what Favre did for many years.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if/when certain players opt out on the roster. As for Rodgers, I think he is looking at this objectively. The strife that covid is creating is unprecedented. I would be willing to bet that the nfl creates an advisor that follows each team's players on staying within protective guidelines set to ensure minimal or no breakout. The nba and nhl appear to be on a more solid track to keeping their sports safe so far. MLB is quite another story. Time will tell.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some years now Rodgers has talked about 'legacy' by which he means he wants his name next to Bart Starr. He knows he needs another super bowl or two so any time he sees the front office miss a chance to fill a gap to get there, he is unhappy.

Remember when he lobbied to sign Marshawn Lynch? He was a diplomat with those comments. Now? Not quite so diplomatic all the time.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you care to elaborate on how you come up with that conclusion? Rodgers has repeatedly mentioned that he wants to play into his 40s and finish his career in Green Bay. That's the complete opposite of what Favre did for many years.
I just think his actions and personality have become more Favre-like as he’s gotten older.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will be interesting to see if/when certain players opt out on the roster.

The NFL plan to move up the deadline to opt out of this season to either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just think his actions and personality have become more Favre-like as he’s gotten older.

So what you're saying is that you make it up out of hot air without basing it on any facts to fit your narrative.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not normally a fan of censorship, but at some point after a certain number of posts that fail to attain an already fairly low bar, something should happen

H

HardRightEdge

Remind me when did Favre spend 5 years trying to get a coach fired?
Are you suggesting Rodgers spent five years trying to get his coach fired? I count one, maybe two if you want to count,"stupid f*cking call" in 2017. I don't hear many folks complaining now about McCarthy's departure. In retrospect it is something that needed to be done.

Of course we don't know what Brady said to McDaniels in 2017 as he was ripping that coach a new one:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Evidently, McDaniels was telling Brady he missed an open receiver, then doubled down. Brady was not too happy with Bill O'Brien back in 2011:

"Stupid f*cking call" doesn't really clear the bar, does it? You better have a big ego to play NFL QB and stuff comes out in the heat of battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when u have a coach that continues to stick with the same old tired chuck n duck shotgun on 3rd and 4th and short situations...I am willing to see AR's frustration as being relevant. Trying to get the hamburglar fired on purpose is a bit of a stretch.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting Rodgers spent five years trying to get his coach fired? I count one, maybe two if you want to count,"stupid f*cking call" in 2017. I don't hear many folks complaining now about McCarthy's departure. In retrospect it is something that needed to be done.

Of course we don't know what Brady said to McDaniels in 2017 as he was ripping that coach a new one:

Evidently, McDaniels was telling Brady he missed an open receiver, then doubled down. Brady was not too happy with Bill O'Brien back in 2011:

"Stupid f*cking call" doesn't really clear the bar, does it? You better have a big ego to play NFL QB and stuff comes out in the heat of battle.
It works the other way too. I saw Norm Chow ream out Brady in a very loud, angry way on the sideline one day. Brady had it coming and had the good sense to take his medicine without any lip.

H

HardRightEdge

It works the other way too. I saw Norm Chow ream out Brady in a very loud, angry way on the sideline one day. Brady had it coming and had the good sense to take his medicine without any lip.
I was trying to figure out when that was. Looking through Chow's Wikipedia resume, I don't see where he and Brady would have crossed paths at Michigan or New England. Maybe it was a different coach. Or maybe he was reaming Ty Detmer. ;)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out when that was. Looking through Chow's Wikipedia resume, I don't see where he and Brady would have crossed paths at Michigan or New England. Maybe it was a different coach. Or maybe he was reaming Ty Detmer. ;)
I was thinking it was Chow but must have been someone else. It was in the 2005-2008 timeframe. I know it wasn’t Belichick but either his QB coach or offensive coordinator. Completely lit up poor Tom.

H

HardRightEdge

Disagree. It would be next to impossible to be Favre x 10. Rodgers has been creeping towards Favre territory though the last few years Imo.
Let's see. Favre's career interception % is 3.3. In a 600 throw season that would be 20 picks x 10 is 200 picks. That doesn't add up at all.

Seriously, Rodgers has never threatened retirement leaving the club hanging, never skipped an OTA, never been late to camp. Better to go with fractions, not x's.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see. Favre's career interception % is 3.3. In a 600 throw season that would be 20 picks x 10 is 200 picks. That doesn't add up at all.

Seriously, Rodgers has never threatened retirement leaving the club hanging, never skipped an OTA, never been late to camp. Better to go with fractions, not x's.
I think LaFleur’s arrival and McCarthy’s dismissal has been good for Rodgers. He seems to me to be fully dialed in, and imo, his overall attitude has improved. I’m excited for what this season might bring and am encouraged by what sounds like continued development of our young guys.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m excited for what this season might bring and am encouraged by what sounds like continued development of our young guys.

Those same young guys made plays in practice last year as well. No reason to get excited about it.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I remember him being an OC with Belicheck at some point too I just can't find it with the always correct Wikipedia

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember him being an OC with Belicheck at some point too I just can't find it with the always correct Wikipedia
Didn’t Chow go from OC at New England to head coach at USC? Perhaps I’m thinking of someone else.