CONSIDER THESE FACTS

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some interesting facts for trivia buffs, bar bets and general consideration.

1) In the last 11 regular season games of 2004 the Packers were 9-2.

2) Bates defenses in Miami were always in the top 10 in the NFL.

3) In 2003 the Packers set a franchise record with 2558 rushing yards.

4) With the same offense in 2004 the Packers set a franchise record with 4449 passing yards and 6357 total yards.

5) With Miami having 1st losing season since 1988, the Packers have the longest consecutive non-losing seasons streak in the NFL with 13.

6) The Packers have been in the playoffs four consecutive years and the most (10) in the salary cap era since 1993.

7) In 2005 the Packers have the current longest consecutive season streak for Monday Night Football appearances in the NFC at 13 (Denver leads NFL with 14).

8) From 1996-2005 (10 seasons) The Packers will have been on MNF 24 times. That is the most in NFL(Miami + Denver 2nd with 20 times).

9) Brett Favre is 19-11 as a starter on MNF. 11/21/05 is his 32nd MNF game or the equivalent of 2 seasons.

10) In a recent poll of 354 NFL players conducted by Sports Illustrated the Packers were voted the "classiest" organization.

Compare to the Vikings:

The Packers had more points and allowed fewer than the Vikings in 04.

The Packers offense gained more yards than the Vikings in 2004.

The Vikings allowed 46 sacks compared to the Pack allowing 14.

In the last 5 regular seasons the Vikings have averaged 7.6 wins (.475 win %) and the Packers have averaged 10.6 wins (.663 win %)

The leading rusher from 04 on the roster in 05 for Vikings is Culpepper with 406 yards.

There is a lot to admire about the Brett Favre era Packers and a lot to be excited about for 2005.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are really impressive stats. I had no idea about some of them. I'd refrain, though, from comparing the Packers of last year to the Vikings. What it all boils down to is that the Vikings are the ones who defeated the Packers and every other associated stat about that season will be forgotten.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Miskito,
is there any reason to fear the bear this year?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
So Miskito,

Perhaps, wpr. If they could ever have a bit of consistency on offense, there might be something. They certainly have improved in talent, but we'll see if they can all play together.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What it all boils down to is that the Vikings are the ones who defeated the Packers and every other associated stat about that season will be forgotten.
As much as I hate to I have to agree with Miskito the Pack won 2 out of 3 but what really matters is they lost the one that counted.

Later
Leopardmech

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
wpr said:
So Miskito,

Perhaps, wpr. If they could ever have a bit of consistency on offense, there might be something. They certainly have improved in talent, but we'll see if they can all play together.

I think the Bears will beat the Vikings this year...twice!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I echo leopardmech's sentiment. The Packers failed to win the one that counted. Trust me, I heard it about a billion times from the Viking fans living all around me in North Dakota. The comeback is usually pretty simple though...and how many Lombardi Trophies have the queens won? :lol: :lol:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Miskito said:
wpr said:
So Miskito,

I think the Bears will beat the Vikings this year...twice!
ROFLMAO --- Nice one!

Actually, it'd be nice to see.... eh VIKES?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
wpr said:
So Miskito,

If Benson can play at the same level that he did at Texas the Bears could be pretty damn good for a few years. With a very solid defense and a dominating running game you only need an average passing attack to make the playoffs. The other team can not score if they never have the ball and the defense stays rested. That was the problem last year. The D was very good but was on the field all the time.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears won't stink...like you say...D is solid...they got rid of A-train...which effectively is a gain right there...Mushin and Benson were added. They're nothing to scoff at!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the Vikings winning the playoff game last year....try to remember the last time any team beat another NFL team 3 times in one year. Then recall how far the Vikings went in the playoffs.

These forums all tend to frown on the Packers...nit-picking the team to death. That is why I APPRECIATE threads like this, because you realize this team is going to be nowhere near as bad as most of the freaking PACKER FANS think it will be.

Most fans think it will be an "either-or" kind of year...one team wins and the others will fall away. The North Division is going to be stronger this year top to bottom, and that INCLUDES the Packers. The team returns most of its offense, and if Bates can do ANYTHING with the defense, it will be better. All the other teams improved, especially the Lions. I think you will see the worst team in the division at 8-8.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I think you will see the worst team in the division at 8-8.

That's a bold statement, Net. I really hope that's true. Our division certainly needs to show our dominance once again.

The only way for Tampa Bay to win was to leave the Black and Blue Division.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Most fans think it will be an "either-or" kind of year...one team wins and the others will fall away. The North Division is going to be stronger this year top to bottom, and that INCLUDES the Packers. The team returns most of its offense, and if Bates can do ANYTHING with the defense, it will be better. All the other teams improved, especially the Lions. I think you will see the worst team in the division at 8-8.
A balanced viewpoint - and I tend to fully agree.
The NFL has had their AFC heyday and the PATS have pretty much used up whatever headway they've gained. I see the NFC coming back strong, especially after this last Draft. And, it's about time the NFC North came back into the limelight as what it's always been known for....

The Black & Blue Division

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Regarding the Vikings winning the playoff game last year....try to remember the last time any team beat another NFL team 3 times in one year. Then recall how far the Vikings went in the playoffs.

These forums all tend to frown on the Packers...nit-picking the team to death. That is why I APPRECIATE threads like this, because you realize this team is going to be nowhere near as bad as most of the freaking PACKER FANS think it will be.

The Packers playing the Vikings in the playoffs last year was the worst thing that could happen to them just because the averages will catch up to you (which it did) The more you play the same team the greater the chance that you will eventually loose to them.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
net said:
I think you will see the worst team in the division at 8-8.

That's a bold statement, Net. I really hope that's true. Our division certainly needs to show our dominance once again.

The only way for Tampa Bay to win was to leave the Black and Blue Division.

True. I don't think the Bucs beat the Bears more than a handful of times during the 20 years that they were in the division. I am not sure but I think that the Packers, Vikings and Lions all had some success against them. It always felt generic playing them. Glad that things are back to normal with the best division rivalries in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts