Confessions of a Packer-A-Holic

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pick my game day jersey based on which team we are playing. If it is a good offensive team I wear either 52 or 92. If a good defensive team it is 12 or 87. If it looks close on both sides of the ball, I wear 23. My oldest son is named Travis William.

TW was my first true football icon. I loved the more famous Packers, but he was the first draft pick I truly became focused on. The others were part of the team when I started to really get how great we were, but he was someone I got to know as a rookie, the story about the tape handle on the ball in practice, all just made me want to follow his career in GB.

Such a sad ending to his life, but I named my first son after him because he was my very favorite player when I was realizing how lucky I was to be born a Packer fan. RIP TW.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never shave on gameday. I believe it makes all the difference should the Pack win by a whisker.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wake up, milk and feed the cows; feed the chickens; grab the eggs; hand pump the tank; water all the animals; seperate the milk and cream; load the butter churn; dig some potatos; bring eggs, spuds, n milk to wife for breakfast; and fill all the oil in lamps. By now it is 6 am. Hotch up bugggy; go to church; raise a barn; return home and wait for neighbor to wake up. Give him a glare so he wont forget to keep his drapes open when he turns on the game. Make sure favorite rocking chair and binoculars are ready to go.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pick my game day jersey based on which team we are playing. If it is a good offensive team I wear either 52 or 92. If a good defensive team it is 12 or 87. If it looks close on both sides of the ball, I wear 23. My oldest son is named Travis William.

Well, I won't be wearing #87 for any games this season. So now I have to decide if I want 18 or 27.

Friday

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i used to have a drinking ritual... now that i have retired from alcohol i'm going to have to think of something new lol

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
almost mid preseason, thought I would lighten things up a bit. If this has been done before, someone Zap my post, I won't be offended.

I thought it would be fun to hear the strange or crazy rituals you may have surrounding your love of the Packers....I will start it out with one of mine.

Game Day....I do not like watching live TV, just can't stomach the commercials. So I usually DVR games and start watching an hour or more after the game starts. This can create one major issue....I DO NOT want to know ANYTHING about the game from anyone. So I go into loner/nomad mode before a game. Trying to isolate myself from everyone and anything that may tip me off to something, including headphones, quiet country drives, mowing the yard, etc. As you may guess, over the years I have had a few spoilers from various people or driving by a bar after a game and seeing happy/sad faces on Packer fans as they stream out. For the most part though....it has worked.
NOTHING worse than avoiding the score and doing so successfully only to check a text message (out of habit) which inevitably spills the beans!! I go in Hulk Smash mode on these occasions. I typically send a group text before kick to the usual suspects if I am in DVD mode. If I am coming home from work I travel in complete silence in fear of anyone, including country stations, giving a score or update. I call my wife before I walk in ensuring the TV is 1) not on the station and 2) recording (usually the 2-3rd time I have confirmed this...) I am a sick man but take comfort in knowing I am not alone. Forums like this help me in my day-to-day life.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wake up, milk and feed the cows; feed the chickens; grab the eggs; hand pump the tank; water all the animals; seperate the milk and cream; load the butter churn; dig some potatos; bring eggs, spuds, n milk to wife for breakfast; and fill all the oil in lamps. By now it is 6 am. Hotch up bugggy; go to church; raise a barn; return home and wait for neighbor to wake up. Give him a glare so he wont forget to keep his drapes open when he turns on the game. Make sure favorite rocking chair and binoculars are ready to go.

Having lived around the PA Amish for so long, this post is a winner when it comes to stereotypes! Since the Amish don't have church in a single place, they move the services from family to family around here. For a while we lived smack dab in the middle of a bunch of Amish farms. So we would be careful to watch which road all the buggy's were taking so we could take a detour around them in order to get to where we were going and get home in time. It's a long slow drive on a PA country road behind a long line of buggies. :eek: Just figure out which family is hosting services and you can get home from your own church in time to catch the game. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
almost mid preseason, thought I would lighten things up a bit. If this has been done before, someone Zap my post, I won't be offended.

I thought it would be fun to hear the strange or crazy rituals you may have surrounding your love of the Packers....I will start it out with one of mine.

Game Day....I do not like watching live TV, just can't stomach the commercials. So I usually DVR games and start watching an hour or more after the game starts. This can create one major issue....I DO NOT want to know ANYTHING about the game from anyone. So I go into loner/nomad mode before a game. Trying to isolate myself from everyone and anything that may tip me off to something, including headphones, quiet country drives, mowing the yard, etc. As you may guess, over the years I have had a few spoilers from various people or driving by a bar after a game and seeing happy/sad faces on Packer fans as they stream out. For the most part though....it has worked.

This is a great idea, if you can make it work. I hate the commercials too. TV turns an hour and a half game into 3 hours or more. What a tremendous waste of time on commercials.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think they tried that in 1776. How'd that work out? :sneaky:

We transported all our wierdos over there............that's why you`re not British :D, and why you can`t buy good whiskey so easily :roflmao:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hell, they even let Bundes live there and he`s a Charger fan !!! :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts