Collinsworth, davante and sherman

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davantae calls King Sherman jr

In fairness King, when on his best - while not the same level, plays VERY similar to Sherman given his size and such. It was a stylistic acknowledgement more than he saying he is on the level Sherman is or was ever.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In fairness King, when on his best - while not the same level, plays VERY similar to Sherman given his size and such. It was a stylistic acknowledgement more than he saying he is on the level Sherman is or was ever.
Said it was his length on how he plays

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At around the 24 minute mark:

The thing he has noticed about A-Rod "If you want the ball you need to show that you are open(er)." I think we all knew this or suspected it, but confirming to hear Davante say it out loud.

53 minute mark:

Can we finally shut the door on this conversation of "The drafting of Jordan Love is what motivated A-Rod this season"?

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

King "should" play like Sherman and he tries to play like Sherman but I don't think he accomplishes it. Sherman was amazing at being physical with receivers. King is not good at that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King "should" play like Sherman and he tries to play like Sherman but I don't think he accomplishes it. Sherman was amazing at being physical with receivers. King is not good at that.

They rarely ever let King press the WR. Wish they would.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't take this wrong, but ill take the best WR in the game's opinion over yours. I also don't think for a minute was Adams saying he did it at Sherman's level, and I literally stated that he didn't as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't take this wrong, but ill take the best WR in the game's opinion over yours. I also don't think for a minute was Adams saying he did it at Sherman's level, and I literally stated that he didn't as well.

Didn't mean to imply you were wrong. I was trying to say that King attempts to play the same way but is so bad at it that he can't. It's like saying Bottles plays the same style as Rodgers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't mean to imply you were wrong. I was trying to say that King attempts to play the same way but is so bad at it that he can't. It's like saying Bottles plays the same style as Rodgers.

Not even close. There are 64 starting outside CBs in the league. King by most is making the top 40 or so

Bottles isnt even a top 40 QB,

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even close. There are 64 starting outside CBs in the league. King by most is making the top 40 or so

Bottles isnt even a top 40 QB,

PFF has King 82nd. Jaire is 1st. King gets credit for draft slot and his play last year.

Also, how often you see King in press coverage?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF has King 82nd. Jaire is 1st. King gets credit for draft slot and his play last year.

Also, how often you see King in press coverage?

As much as Pettine's calls allow. Also it one metric of PFF this year alone doesn't illustrate an entire package that King is. I'm not saying he is a top flight stud by any stretch.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as Pettine's calls allow. Also it one metric of PFF this year alone doesn't illustrate an entire package that King is. I'm not saying he is a top flight stud by any stretch.

Look, I understand the coaches don't call for King to press very often, but shouldn't that tell you something?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, I understand the coaches don't call for King to press very often, but shouldn't that tell you something?

That the defense doesn't like to typically incorporate a double man press call with him and Jaire. Again I'm not saying he is great or amazing or that we should even resign him (I'm not saying that) I'm merely respecting the opinion of arguably the BEST WR in the game, especially in route running.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That the defense doesn't like to typically incorporate a double man press call with him and Jaire. Again I'm not saying he is great or amazing or that we should even resign him (I'm not saying that) I'm merely respecting the opinion of arguably the BEST WR in the game, especially in route running.

I never take one teammate's positive opinion of another teammate at face value.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never take one teammate's positive opinion of another teammate at face value.

He had no prompting or reason to bring up King specifically...he bypassed Jaire, clearly the best CB on any practice field he touches with him. He could have just spoke about the style of CB that gives fits...

Tae doesn't strike me as one who would just unprovoked gush about someone. Very Rodgers style IMO

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They rarely ever let King press the WR. Wish they would.

Remember that fumble that King tried to return (Carolina?)? He couldn’t open up and run.

I am thinking that they’re playing him off so that he doesn’t get smoked.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember that fumble that King tried to return (Carolina?)? He couldn’t open up and run.

I am thinking that they’re playing him off so that he doesn’t get smoked.
Injury

there was a coach (maybe pet) that discussed that play specifically. Let it slip he had surgery

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Injury

there was a coach (maybe pet) that discussed that play specifically. Let it slip he had surgery

I find that totally believable.

I’ve wondered if maybe King might be a value resign candidate on a one year deal?

If his market doesn’t materialize, he might come cheap on a one year deal to re-establish his value.

Members online

Latest posts