Colin Kaepernick

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh he certainly loves publicity, but more so he wants to play football on his terms and figured with his new status he could pretty much tell the league and its owners how and what he would do to play. They are having none of it. He'll go back to court and keep on the lawsuit, but he'll have to drop it because he'll never be able to keep paying that much legal fees.

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from vacation. Anyway, I think it's moot anyway. His problem as a QB was accuracy issues and the mental game. SF ran a simple playbook for him based on timing and the read option when teams were still trying to figure out how to defend it. Once they did and he was forced to pass more, his shortcomings in reading coverages and blitzes became his downfall. His "workout" did nothing but prove he still has accuracy issues. Did he spend the last 3 years learning to read coverage? Of course not. I don't believe any team ever intended to sign the guy.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor kid. Signs a $126 million dollar contract and in reality "only" gets $39 Million? How the hell is he supposed to survive on that? Especially since he now has nothing to do. What a cruel world.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the Super Bowl pre game show, and they're playing a video to Johnny Cash's Ragged Old Flag. For some reason, listening to it, I couldn't help but think about this thread.

Reaction score
I'm watching the Super Bowl pre game show, and they're playing a video to Johnny Cash's Ragged Old Flag. For some reason, listening to it, I couldn't help but think about this thread.
Love it.

I proudly had both Grandfathers that served in WW1 and WW2 (my other WW2, Korean War)
My Dad’s Dad told me he lied on his application and said he was 18yrs old when he was still 16yrs old in 1916. They used to do that you know.. Anything just to serve our country.

I find that amazing and we still have a Dutch Masters cigar box filled with War medals (that I played with as a kid in the 1970’s) His children, 7 of my Aunt and Uncles including 2 Girls each served in various branches. Military pictures proudly lined the hallway of their home.

I lost a Great Uncle (that my Grandmother used to say I’m his twin) on Juno Beach. So that Johnny cash film, it hits close to home for me. I used to page through the War book with pictures of dead bodies on dirt roads next to my grandfather as he led men into some village in Europe. It left a deep impression on my childhood. Next thing you know we’ll just show up at funerals to protest its probably already in the works. Maximum exposure would be tomb of the unknown

Last edited:

Members online