Colin Kaepernick

Reaction score
It was in my morning rag today that Kaepernick's agent wants all football fans
to protest NFL football until a team signs him.

This all comes down to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (gutless wonder).
If he/they would of kick his @ss the day he took a knee this would be over with.

What Say

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah... In my book, and I wrote my book, I don't care if anyone signs him or not. It's time for everyone to get on with their lives. The world will continue to spin on its axis.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was in my morning rag today that Kaepernick's agent wants all football fans to protest NFL football until a team signs him.
Shouldn't this be up to the individual teams whether or not they think Kaepernick would help their team? I know some think him not being signed is collusion, but I don't buy that. It's all a question of what kind of skill level he is at vs. how much he would cost. Some would rather invest their time into a younger player, and I'm sure some think he would be a distraction.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was in my morning rag today that Kaepernick's agent wants all football fans
to protest NFL football until a team signs him.

This all comes down to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (gutless wonder).
If he/they would of kick his @ss the day he took a knee this would be over with.

What Say

Umm did that idiot not realize they've been doing this already in response to the kneeling? Lol

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a boycott simple as. Shame what happened to him.

I was never a fan of him as QB, but hope he could get to play somewhere. Just play, not more causes/politics.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He's better than some the main QBs around.

He deserves another chance.
Really? Who? Trubisky sucks but he has better numbers than Kaepernick. If you can't completer more than 60% of your passes in the NFL you won't be in the NFL long.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So far there are no reports that the Packers are sending a representative to his workout.

Kap 3 years ago would probably be an upgrade to Tim Boyle, but now? I doubt it. It's going to take him some time to work back into game shape, as well as learn a playbook for a new team.

While I would prefer a vet backup QB over thrusting Boyle into what appears to be a very good season, not so sure Colin would be that guy.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say as a 24 year military veteran I have ZERO problem with Kapernik. What he did has nothing to do with disrespect for the military or our country. He was protesting what he believed to be a serious problem (I happen to agree). What is more American than that? As for the flag and flag etiquette? Go educate yourself on that topic and if Kapernik still infuriates you, ask yourself why? .... more so than the way the flag is TRULY abused an a daily basis all around us. (I think I KNOW why)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I would prefer a vet backup QB over thrusting Boyle into what appears to be a very good season, not so sure Colin would be that guy.

News is he's in good physical shape and has kept this throwing skills up. He's definitely an upgrade on Boyle. Recent times are a good indicator to the importance of a good backup QB.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick will be put through the paces by former NFL coaches Hue Jackson and Joe Philbin on Saturday during his showcase in front of a handful of team representatives.

“We are looking forward to Saturday’s workout with Colin. Eleven teams – Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay, Washington – have already committed to attend, and it’s only Thursday,” the league said in a statement.

Sources told ESPN the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks would also be in attendance.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think the problem now is that is that this whole thing has now been shown to be an unending drama saga. This whole event was supposed to be simple in its endeavor, but now you got this whole suddenly changing the workout location, the waiver issue, more finger pointing, and what it looks like right now is an issue that is never going to get resolved.

I would have been fine with him getting picked up by someone, at least then it would be ok, he got back in the league, he's getting his second chance ... Finally .... we can move on. But, after seeing the way all this nonsense unfolded in the aftermath of this ... it's looking more now like it's never going to happen. There just comes a point where as a football fan you just say "enough!"

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think the problem now is that is that this whole thing has now been shown to be an unending drama saga.
That appears to be the case. People were critical of the NFL for the way they offered the workout, but how many guys do they arrange a special workout for so he can be showcased for all the teams?

I have to say that if I were an employer and during the interview he told me to quit being afraid and to "stop running from the truth", I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hire him. Especially in a team oriented environment where football should be the focus instead of politics, and I'm looking for a team leader.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That appears to be the case. People were critical of the NFL for the way they offered the workout, but how many guys do they arrange a special workout for so he can be showcased for all the teams?

I have to say that if I were an employer and during the interview he told me to quit being afraid and to "stop running from the truth", I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hire him. Especially in a team oriented environment where football should be the focus instead of politics, and I'm looking for a team leader.

The whole thing was ridiculous. The NFL made out great on the thing. They offered him a workout to put away any crap that he's black-balled and what does he do? He turns it into a sideshow because he tried to bring his own film crew, presumably for purposes of making a Nike commercial or God knows what.

Nothing in his workout did anything to demonstrate that he has somehow learned how to read defenses in the last 3 years. That was the primary problem with the guy all along. Bottom line, the NFL cracked the door for him and instead of sticking his foot in it, he slammed it shut again. Screw him. He's yesteryear's news.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think the problem now is that is that this whole thing has now been shown to be an unending drama saga. This whole event was supposed to be simple in its endeavor, but now you got this whole suddenly changing the workout location, the waiver issue, more finger pointing, and what it looks like right now is an issue that is never going to get resolved.

I would have been fine with him getting picked up by someone, at least then it would be ok, he got back in the league, he's getting his second chance ... Finally .... we can move on. But, after seeing the way all this nonsense unfolded in the aftermath of this ... it's looking more now like it's never going to happen. There just comes a point where as a football fan you just say "enough!"

The issue was resolved a long time ago. He was a gimmick QB with marginal passing skills who got figured out. That's pretty much the end of it right there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The issue was resolved a long time ago. He was a gimmick QB with marginal passing skills who got figured out. That's pretty much the end of it right there.

Agree. I look at a guy like Antonio Brown and all of the baggage that he carried and yet both the Raiders and the Patriots rolled the dice on him. Both teams were willing to take a chance on him because he is a talented football player and they both thought that his talent outweighed his baggage. I happen to agree with the "CK cause", but I recognize how that became a problem for many. Thus, the baggage he created for himself along the way, far exceeded the talent that he would bring to a football team. This most recent event did nothing but add to that baggage in my opinion.

The NFL is a risk-reward thing for most owners/GM's and in the case of CK, I don't see the reward of signing him anywhere near the risk.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing in his workout did anything to demonstrate that he has somehow learned how to read defenses in the last 3 years. That was the primary problem with the guy all along.
I guess the reason he gashed us all those years ago was because we didn't have a defense for him to read :)

The NFL is a risk-reward thing for most owners/GM's and in the case of CK, I don't see the reward of signing him anywhere near the risk.
I agree, and the tendency now is toward cheap but talented young quarterbacks who don't inflate your cap. And there is a lot of young talent. That's why I don't think there was a conspiracy for no one to sign him, I think everyone came to their own conclusion. If someone had wanted to sign him, I'm sure they would have. I don't believe it was a thing like "Oh, I'd like to sign Kaepernick to make our team better, because I think the reward outweighs the risk. But wait, I can't do it, we had that meeting last week and we all agreed to blackball him. Darn".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also don't know how Kap thinks that he is worth $20M, which is what he reportedly was asking for last winter. I mean come on, he hasn't played for 3 seasons and he wouldn't be considered an immediate starter for a team, unless it is to replace an injured or under performing one.

I think his best chance to get back into the NFL is to eat a bit of humble pie and go play in the XFL and prove to NFL owners/GM's that he still has what it takes to play in the NFL and he can do it without being too big of a distraction.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't know how Kap thinks that he is worth $20M, which is what he reportedly was asking for last winter. I mean come on, he hasn't played for 3 seasons and he wouldn't be considered an immediate starter for a team, unless it is to replace an injured or under performing one.
I didn't realize that's how much he was asking for. My impression was he would most likely be put in a backup QB position. That's what most of the media was crying about: "You mean there isn't a single team where he would be better than their backup?". But $20 million is a lot of money for a backup, and probably not even doable for most teams.

Not sure what XFL quarterbacks make, but I bet he'd be a draw for them. What about the CFL? Or would he end up protesting the Canadian national anthem? (Sorry, couldn't resist) :oops:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't realize that's how much he was asking for. My impression was he would most likely be put in a backup QB position. That's what most of the media was crying about: "You mean there isn't a single team where he would be better than their backup?". But $20 million is a lot of money for a backup, and probably not even doable for most teams.

Not sure what XFL quarterbacks make, but I bet he'd be a draw for them. What about the CFL? Or would he end up protesting the Canadian national anthem? (Sorry, couldn't resist) :oops:

From my knowledge of the CFL, the best QBs up there get paid about $700k, although that's probably more like $500k in USD.

The issue though is that Kaepernick kinda seems to be on an agenda which seems to have some ulterior motives beyond just simply trying to get back in the game. I mean, I just feel like if he really cared about being someone's backup or starter, he'd put aside at least some of the fireworks and be a little more humble about the situation.

But I also don't think he would go to the XFL because Vince McMahon in no uncertain terms said kneeling/fist raising was going to get players expelled from the league if they did it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my knowledge of the CFL, the best QBs up there get paid about $700k, although that's probably more like $500k in USD.

The issue though is that Kaepernick kinda seems to be on an agenda which seems to have some ulterior motives beyond just simply trying to get back in the game. I mean, I just feel like if he really cared about being someone's backup or starter, he'd put aside at least some of the fireworks and be a little more humble about the situation.

But I also don't think he would go to the XFL because Vince McMahon in no uncertain terms said kneeling/fist raising was going to get players expelled from the league if they did it.

Of course the POS has an agenda. He doesn't want to play football. He just wants to keep his name in the news.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course the POS has an agenda. He doesn't want to play football. He just wants to keep his name in the news.

Oh he certainly loves publicity, but more so he wants to play football on his terms and figured with his new status he could pretty much tell the league and its owners how and what he would do to play. They are having none of it. He'll go back to court and keep on the lawsuit, but he'll have to drop it because he'll never be able to keep paying that much legal fees.

Latest posts