Colin Cowherd

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd says the the 49ers will crush the Packers. What do you all think?

I think I like the prediction, but I'm certainly not counting on it. Then 49ers have had alot of success tho against the upper echelon QBs over the last 2 years. Brady, Brees (twice), Stafford (twice), Rodgers (first meeting). The only exception to that so far has been Eli Manning.

49ers have had trouble with teams with big, talented, physical RBs. Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch. Steven Jackson.

Packers don't have one of those guys.

Just because something HAS been true doesn't mean it will continue tho...particularly with Justin Smith hobbled.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sports radio guys don't make picks because they feel strongly one way or the other. They do it so they'll have something to talk about on their show in the days before and after the game.

I listen to him almost every day. Every week he picks games against the spread. I'm not a gambler (much more enjoyable ways to blow my money!), but I do find his explanations on why he picks this or that team. Like I said, I'm no pro, but he's very insightful, very smart, and often right. It'll be interesting to see if he makes betting recommenations on this game. It's one thing for him to say a team will get crushed. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong on that. But if he recommends a pick in that game against the spread, well, THAT he cares about.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd has been anti-Rodgers since 2008, and pro-Romo.

But he could be right this week, if their DL & LB's overwhelm our finesse OL.
Can anyone here guarantee what our OL is going to do Saturday?
Did we know they'd be overrun last year in Kansas City when we were supposed to go to 14-0 record?

That said, if the Niners don't get to Rodgers, he will carve them up like a surgeon.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd has been anti-Rodgers since 2008, and pro-Romo.

But he could be right this week, if their DL & LB's overwhelm our finesse OL.
Can anyone here guarantee what our OL is going to do Saturday?
Did we know they'd be overrun last year in Kansas City when we were supposed to go to 14-0 record?

That said, if the Niners don't get to Rodgers, he will carve them up like a surgeon.

Its more than that...

If the 49ers don't get to Rodgers RUSHING ONLY 3 OR 4 he will carve them up.

Niners rarely blitz. They depend on that front 3 plus an OLB to get there and drop the rest.

THAT is why Justin Smith is SOOOOOOO huge to them. He doesn't get alot of sacks, but he CONSTANTLY eats up offensive linemen to free up Aldon and the LBs. If he is only a fraction of himself, thats a big advantage for the Packers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Cowherd is a professional troll and a moron. I prefer just to ignore him and ESPN altogether. It's an embarrassment to sports.

CandlestickBum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These same guys who said the San Francisco Giants were going to be swept by every team they faced in the playoffs and run over by Detroit?

Both the 49ers and the Packers have the ability to blow out the other, but the 49ers have only lost badly once at home in the two years Harbaugh has been here and the Packers have the offensive assets to potentially come back from far behind, so I suspect that a blowout is unlikely. Maybe a 10-12 point spread at worst with a good chance of the game being decided by a field goal.

Doylebeule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THAT is why Justin Smith is SOOOOOOO huge to them. He doesn't get alot of sacks, but he CONSTANTLY eats up offensive linemen to free up Aldon and the LBs.

he is SOOOOO huge to them cause he is CONSTANTLY HOLDING offensive linemen to free up Aldon and the LBs.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is SOOOOO huge to them cause he is CONSTANTLY HOLDING offensive linemen to free up Aldon and the LBs.

Yup. You got him. Thats all that makes him good. You nailed it.

SMDH.

1) He does what EVERY DL is taught to do on a stunt. The difference is he does it WELL.
2) If he isn't double teamed, he'll wreck your entire day...particularly in the run game.
3) Pushing the Tackle all the way back into the QB and reaching OVER that lineman to gerab the QB has nothing to do with holding.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
4) The only reason people even talk about this is because Kevin Gilbride mentioned it to the media and then Harbaugh responded to it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point was that the stat line doesn't begin to tell the story of the impact he has. And if we could get away effectively doing what Smith does, well, I'd be a seriously happy Packers fan.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might be the toughest match up in the NFL for the packers. Rodgers excels when blitz'd. The 9ers have the personnel to not blitz and still get effective pressure. It's a very scary situation for the packers offense.

Now the biggest wildcard is Colin kap. Kids first playoff game. He could greatly struggle and if he starts turning the ball over its over. 9ers didn't have to worry as much with smith turning the ball over. Stop Colin k and the packers win.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see a show with Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, and Nacny Grace. Then I would like to see that building collapse

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SF is the last team that I wanted to face in the NFC. Unfortunately, I'm not very optimistic about the game. I can see Davis exploiting Hawk on first down passes up the middle of the field. However, IF Rodgers takes what the D gives him and does'nt hold the ball too long I think we can keep their O off the field long enough to win the day.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
SF is the last team that I wanted to face in the NFC. Unfortunately, I'm not very optimistic about the game. I can see Davis exploiting Hawk on first down passes up the middle of the field. However, IF Rodgers takes what the D gives him and does'nt hold the ball too long I think we can keep their O off the field long enough to win the day.
Kaep doesn't throw to Davis

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaep doesn't throw to Davis

He will if he's open.

Davis has been getting rediculous coverage for most of the season (jammed at the line, coverage both underneath and over the top. Thats part of the reason Crabtrees numbers have exploded. Davis was the only real weapon in the passing game with Smith, but that isn't the case anymore.

If Davis gets one-on-one coverage, Kaep will hit Davis all day.

KCBIGDOG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowherd is a Packer hater! I think this will be a close game and it comes down to how healthy J. Smith is and can he be effective to free up A. Smith. I believe J. Smith missed the last two games and A. Smith had ZERO sacks in those games. If we can protect Rodgers and run the ball somewhat - the Packers win 24-21.

On the other side of the ball - the Packers need to stop Kap and Gore (under 80 yards) from running wild and cover Crabtree, old man Moss and Davis. The 9ers have two of their best receivers on IR - plus Bush will not see the field on 64% of the Defense Snaps like he did in the first game. Hopefully - Capers can put together a game-plan to confuse the Young QB!

GO PACK GO!!!!!

We are no bodies underdog!!!!

Members online

Latest posts