Clay Matthews father and uncle

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm sure we all know that Clay had family in the NFL, I was just going through some cards this morning and started to remember some stuff.

Clay Matthews father played for the Browns (don't know how long) but he was on their 3 teams that lost to Denver in the AFC Championship, so he never played in a Super Bowl I believe.

Bruce Matthews (his uncle) had played for more than 15 years as an offensive lineman for the Houston Oilers and made the Pro Bowl quite frequently. From what I know he had to block for Earl Campbell, and later on was blocking for Warren Moon, and even after the Oilers moved to Tennessee he was still there in the Super Bowl when they fell to the Rams.

Just to know Clay has a ring now for his father and uncle before him, is great. All we ever hear about is how Peyton and Eli won rings for Archie Manning, they probably won't be talking about this but I can't imagine how proud his uncle and father are of him.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
His uncle is now O-line coach of the Titians

and his Grandfather played back in the 50's, he's got cousins in the league as well

I'm glad the Titans brought his uncle aboard. Nice to know they appreciate him. Sometimes I want to root for them but the Oilers looked way better lol

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure we all know that Clay had family in the NFL, I was just going through some cards this morning and started to remember some stuff.

Clay Matthews father played for the Browns (don't know how long) but he was on their 3 teams that lost to Denver in the AFC Championship, so he never played in a Super Bowl I believe.

He played 16 years with the Browns then 3 years with the Falcons.

Staff online

Latest posts