Classic Hunt

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff Christl at JSOnline reports in his training camp "thumbs down" section that Hunt is up to his old ****. When Jim Bates asked his injured D-linemen to participate in arm swing stretches, apparently Hunt silently stared down Bates for several seconds and then half-heartedly began slowly doing the work. As soon as Bates turned to go back to his healthy pupils, Hunt apparently stopped working and mockingly waved good-bye to Bates with the back of his hand.

What a piece of **** this guy is...but then we already knew that.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the sad part is, this entire staff is talking glowingly about this fat turd....like playing nice will get him to do the work!!

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wednesday Training Camp Report

THUMBS UP

Ever since middle linebacker Nick Barnett was credited by the coaching staff with nine tackles in the exhibition opener, he seems to be growing with new coordinator Jim Bates

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that Hunt hasn't been $hit canned yet is disturbingly telling of how poor out depth at DT is right now :-?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
The fact that Hunt hasn't been $hit canned yet is disturbingly telling of how poor out depth at DT is right now :-?

Yeah, I was hoping at least one or two of the young guys would have become a player, but early returns haven't been glowing for any of them so far.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Classic Hunt????

What is that..a new half hour program on ESPN?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key with a guy like Hunt is he wants the money. So if he is physically unable to perform the Packer hold all the cards. If they suspend him for that kind of stuff they're off the hook. If they put him on the roster and he pulls that stuff and then they cut him, they pay him. I wouldn't give him a roster spot. And I'd let him rot.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to cut Hunt loose. As a liability he seems to be growing.

On the positive side its was great to read Barnett is picking up the Bates system and the coaches are doing a good job.

Also, good to hear Thomas is on the field and doing well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Can they fine him for his behavior? I read somewhere and on here that he wouldn't do as asked by his coach.

Could we fine/cut him from insombourant SP? behavior without taking a huge hit?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt's still got a large amount of money that would count against the cap if cut. It would make things difficult, but TT and Brandt could make it work.

The best thing working in Hunt's favor right now though is that Williams is injured. Until being injured, Williams was pushing Hunt for the starting job or significant playing time. He was making Hunt expendable.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry McCarren backed up Christl's comments in his Packer chat yesterday. Below is a question and Larry's answer about it:

Rick Berg, Oconto: One more question, which you can decide if appropriate. Christl reported in his blog (whatever that is) yesterday that Cletidus was openly disrespectful to Bates during warmups. That seems alarming, but maybe I'm reading too much into one man's (Cliff's) observation.

LM: Rick, Christl reported the situation accurately. I was down near the D-line when it happened and I thought the look that Hunt gave Bates when told to stretch with everybody else was out of line. It was like a look of disbelief. My feeling was that hey, you've been doing next to nothing all camp, and while you may stretching just for show, the boss asked you to do it. Bates is no fool, and while Hunt and Jackson weren't going to practice (so why stretch, in their minds), he wanted them to stay involved with the team, in some small way. I don't think he saw the reaction, but it was there.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We wouldnt loose anything out on the field getting rid of big ole fat boy. But it sure as heck wuold give us some money issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts