Chemistry Problem

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the last two games Favre is 21 of 32 for 204 yards and a TD (would've been two had Driver held on or that other pass not been deflected at the line). Whatever chemistry problem we have can't be all that serious because as of late the passing attack has been pretty damn effective and DD, GJ, and JJ have all been involved in it.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From NFL.com

Game balls
Packers quarterback Brett Favre started the game out slinging and completed 14-of-20 passes for 130 (and would have had a TD if the ball wasn't deflected).

You people are too much.

Some of you can't wait to jump on bash Favre for bandwagon for some reason, any reason. Why don't you just say now, "If anything goes wrong, it will always be Brett Favre's fault so we don't have to look anywhere else". That should make some of you happy.

That's ridiculous. "He should make friends with his receivers"? Maybe he should take them out for high tea. WTF? The better communication comes out on the football field with alot of timing and repition, not at some kind of damn EST enounter group where they can all share their feeeelings. :shock:

How about they learn the playbook and run the right god-damn routes for a change? I'm sure they communicate in practice, but they need more work, and McCarthy should have left Favre in for at least a 1/2 to 3/4 of the game. The WR need the work with the 1st string QB.

Rodgers didn't need any more time with Driver.

How is that going to help him when he's on the bench all year this year?

Geesh.

Nobody's worried about the running game?
:roflmao: even though it is your whatever post, this is great. yeah, if brett only spends more time with his WR then they will run better routes.

and yeah, I'm a little worried about the running game. B-Jack looked real slow on Thurs. i did not see any kind of a burst by him, he looked afraid to run through the hole!

Reaction score
While I don't want to take this thread off-topic, I think that we should give B-Jack a break.

He is a rookie that has seen extensive reps at RB in practice since we are so thin at that position.

More importantly, he was playing his 2nd game in only five days.

That's a hard thing even for vets, but to a rookie like Jackson, it must be quite difficult. I don't think he looked tenative as much as he did plain slow, and it may very well in part be because he didn't have the chance to get an appropriate amount of rest.

I think the most concerning thing is that our o-line didn't respond well to the way the Jags starting DT were playing. You could say they also had 4 days of rest, but then again so did the entire Jags team.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
While I don't want to take this thread off-topic, I think that we should give B-Jack a break.

He is a rookie that has seen extensive reps at RB in practice since we are so thin at that position.

More importantly, he was playing his 2nd game in only five days.

That's a hard thing even for vets, but to a rookie like Jackson, it must be quite difficult. I don't think he looked tenative as much as he did plain slow, and it may very well in part be because he didn't have the chance to get an appropriate amount of rest.

I think the most concerning thing is that our o-line didn't respond well to the way the Jags starting DT were playing. You could say they also had 4 days of rest, but then again so did the entire Jags team.

I don't even know if I'd be worried about how the starting offence ran against them. As I'm sure many have mentioned, Henderson and Stroud may be the tandem to beat at DT.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is wrong with asking if Favre should share some of the responsibility? The first post is sort of right. It's not all his fault but he needs to own up to his part. Football is a TEAM sport and Brett Favre is apart of the TEAM.

As far as some of the throws goes. James Jones was basically picked on the play by his own guy. Driver ran an out and Jones an in and they nearly ran into each other. I think it's more of a bad play then anything but I do agree that Jones should've kept running. He had alligator arms.

Once again, porky wins the award for pointing out something that hadn't yet been mentioned. Yes, Driver and Jones ran into each other, and that affected Jones' route.

I'm a little concerned about this chemistry thing, because Favre keeps mentioning it. He also keeps mentioning that his receivers are running too many wrong routes. That's not usually something a QB would say in a press conference, but Favre has been here so long that his role is more similar to that of a coach than a player. Think about it: These young players are a lot closer in age to Favre's daughters than they are to Favre.

A lot of the problems have to do with making the correct adjustments based on what the defense is doing. If the defense blitzes, a receiver may be expected to change his route in a certain way, but what if it's only a PARTIAL blitz? That's where it becomes a matter of judgment. Favre has been around for so long that he knows exactly what to do, or at least he has very strong opinions on what to do. But the younger receivers may see things differently or just be confused.

The best solution is more reps in practice and in preseason games. I think Favre has been a little frustrated by the scaled-back practice schedule this year. I wonder if he still works with some of the receivers on his own after practice, as he used to do. I haven't heard anything about that these past couple years. If that's not happening, is it because he doesn't want to, or because the receivers don't want to?

I do agree that Favre shares responsibility, but I just don't know enough about what's really going on to pass any kind of judgment on anybody. I think they're all trying, and in the last two preseason games, the passing game has been very good, so hopefully the offense will click in the regular season and this will become a moot point.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reacted when Favre said he had nothing in common with any of the players on our team. Maybe it's time to retire Brett.

Members online

Latest posts