Cheesiest Man Cave on East Coast

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yuck. Looks like a bunch of crap trinkets. Ill take "The Drews" man cave any day over that disaster

L

Lunchboxer

yuck. Looks like a bunch of crap trinkets. Ill take "The Drews" man cave any day over that disaster

Oh come on I thought it was cool.

He probably put alot of hard work into that Cave. Its not a disaster its a work of art.

L

Lunchboxer

went into a hoarders house the other day and thought she put alot of work in too
Theres a diffrence between hoarding and collecting sport stuff for a man cave.

Do you know the person. Have you been to the persons house and seen other parts of the house besudes the man cave are the rooms clean?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts as most... Why isn't she at Drew's?!??! (p.s. My dream room!)

But you can see his passion...albiet a crowded passion! This has more of a flea market type feel....
"You want something, ANYTHING Packer...I probably have it.... if you can find it!"
:tup:

L

Lunchboxer

Why are people harping on this guy. His vision is a work of art and creativity. His Masterpieces of Man Caves will inspire generations of upcoming Man Cavees to make caves like that.

I would love to celebrate in that room when I win the 2012-2013 Packerforum Fantasy League Championship. I would love to be in that room when My Banner goes up on the site.:):p:D:sneaky:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres a diffrence between hoarding and collecting sport stuff for a man cave.

Do you know the person. Have you been to the persons house and seen other parts of the house besudes the man cave are the rooms clean?
not recently no.

I've seen or been in some great man caves. I just feel it wasn't tv worthy. I saw one a couple months ago that had some packer items in it (Hollywood stuntman who is a big packer fan), and that was tv worthy

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I did like alot of the items he has collected but I do think it is a little cluttered... Looks to cramped in there... But to each is own...

Thanks for the support of my Drew Cave everyone... although I am missing the one part which is a wet bar but that is getting designed and installed soon! GPG!

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh come on I thought it was cool.

He probably put alot of hard work into that Cave. Its not a disaster its a work of art.

Yeppers. It's on TV because it's eye-opening and weird, not because it's what most people necessarily want in their own basement. Because, quite frankly, anybody can refinish their basement in comfy beige tones, throw in some plush seating, a pool table, and a projection TV, maybe buy some Packer fatheads or throw pillows and they have a space that most folks would admire. But that doesn't make it interesting.*

Not everyone can assemble/curate such a bizarre and colorful menagerie of knick-knackery. Nice to see that guy flying his freak flag; reminds me of House on the Rock.

*That's not meant as an attack on Drew's basement of which I am personally very envious: his space looks functional, tasteful, and cozy. From a practical perspective, what could be better?

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the flowers and alot of the weeds too ! It is just that ! .... a curiosity shop of Packers sports memorabilia. It was carved out of a dingy old basement of a 6 family apartment building in what was once coal storage bins. A perfectly manicured finished basement with a 60 inch does not a mancave make but it the latest pop culture trend. Mancaves have been around for years in the form of ham shacks (amateur radio operator rooms), model train layouts, and whatever insane hobby, the American male can think of. I would not trade my Craftsman tools or Lionel trains or Packer artifacts for all the plush carpeting , comfy home theater chairs and 60" Widescreens available. A lot of men can't even find the beam behind the sheet rock to hang their massive monolithic TV's and have to have the electronics store send a subcontracted handyman to do these things for them ! If I wanted a living room I'd go upstairs with the wifey and watch the Packer game there and maybe drink my Leinie out of a Packer coozy . There is a Giants fan locally here in New Jersey who bought all the NFL couches, bar stools, tables, floor tiles, and licensed NFL products to accent a perfect sports living room framed out by shadow boxed autographed jerseys and it looks great and is a great theme bar reminiscent of the subcontracting done on Man Caves on the DIY network starring ex-NFLer Tony Siragusa . Check it out in the Mancave book by Jeff Wilser . My cave is original and does not flaunt or strive to have the biggest viewing screen or extravagant wet bar. Soon my beloved "Bar Lambeau" will soon have to be dismantled and downsized to a more traditional house in the suburbs when the multi-family is sold and the wifey allocates me one room for my (what she calls Packers crap) and maybe the garage for my tools ! Perhaps then, I will have to purchase the 60" and the comfy recliner to qualify for "Mancave" status as defined by generation x'rs... Until then, to all my fellow artisans , creators, and craftsmen..... CAVE ON !!

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeppers. It's on TV because it's eye-opening and weird, not because it's what most people necessarily want in their own basement. Because, quite frankly, anybody can refinish their basement in comfy beige tones, throw in some plush seating, a pool table, and a projection TV, maybe buy some Packer fatheads or throw pillows and they have a space that most folks would admire. But that doesn't make it interesting.*

Not everyone can assemble/curate such a bizarre and colorful menagerie of knick-knackery. Nice to see that guy flying his freak flag; reminds me of House on the Rock.

*That's not meant as an attack on Drew's basement of which I am personally very envious: his space looks functional, tasteful, and cozy. From a practical perspective, what could be better?

Well said... and very perceptive.... tnx dude !

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Like I said... To each is own... Props for the collection of Packers items you have acquired over the years! This "Generation X'er" just has a more "pop culture" type of taste... Stay thirsty my friend!

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To each his own is right ! Your place is great..... it would be nice if you could highlight it with some Packers neons when the wet bar is built to really give it that pub feel. They run about $300-400 each when you can find them on Ebay ! I will post some of mine on this forum soon to exchange some ideas ! GO PACK GO !

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you have enough room in there to yell "GO PACK"?;)

Staff online

Latest posts