Cheese heads hats, new ones and wearing etiquette?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Has anyone see the new Bleu Cheese head hats (below)? God are they butt ugly and way too tall to boot.

Speaking of too tall. Is it rude for people to wear them (cheesehead hats) or tall hats during the game? I've only had to maneuver my view around them for a couple of games, but still rather annoying. Maybe I'm getting cranky as I age, but I would have some respect for the people behind me and remove mine. Just like they don't allow umbrellas at games.

Reaction score
Has anyone see the new Bleu Cheese head hats (below)? God are they butt ugly and way too tall to boot.

Speaking of too tall. Is it rude for people to wear them (cheesehead hats) or tall hats during the game? I've only had to maneuver my view around them for a couple of games, but still rather annoying. Maybe I'm getting cranky as I age, but I would have some respect for the people behind me and remove mine. Just like they don't allow umbrellas at games.

I think someone overthinks marketing ideas. This one stinks worse than blue cheesecake

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

its definitely rude. Same as all those people who bring huge ****ing beach umbrellas to a game, I'm talking about high school games, I didn't know they didn't allow them at NFL games. I guess I never really paid attention to the fans in the stands. Any umbrella really but you can shelter a family of 5 under some of those. Plus as its raining all the water runs off onto your shoes. Bring a ******** poncho or be wet and miserable like the rest of us you self absorbed little ******. Unfortunately most people don't think about anyone but themselves nowadays..

As far as the new hats go they look ridiculous. Who the hell is even going to know they are supposed to be cheese? People going to be all like "what's that idiot doing wearing an ice berg on his head? This ain't Canada and these aren't the Edmonton Eskimos...Oops sorry...Edmonton Elks

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's a picture of a large group of them Bleu cheezers at the game last night.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
TV crews love that crap tho. It's like last weekend. Went to see George Strait in Minneapolis, paid a ton 'o bucks for tix and get stuck behind 2 a-holes in cowboy hats who never roped a doggie in their lifetimes. :mad:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the 1990s I bought a cheese hat, and also had one given to me by a girlfriend. I learned not to wear one to a road game (at the Metrodome) because people love to knock them off of your head. A year or two later, a squirrel ripped through the screen in my apartment and tried to eat all of the cheese. I still have those half-eaten hat sitting on a shelf underneath my bar. I would never wear one to a game anymore.

In addition, I tried that Black & Blue sandwich from Jimmy Johns. It wasn't bad but the kids definitely heaped too much blue cheese onto it. This isn't garlic....some moderation is required!

Reaction score
Back in the 1990s I bought a cheese hat, and also had one given to me by a girlfriend. I learned not to wear one to a road game (at the Metrodome) because people love to knock them off of your head. A year or two later, a squirrel ripped through the screen in my apartment and tried to eat all of the cheese. I still have those half-eaten hat sitting on a shelf underneath my bar. I would never wear one to a game anymore.

In addition, I tried that Black & Blue sandwich from Jimmy Johns. It wasn't bad but the kids definitely heaped too much blue cheese onto it. This isn't garlic....some moderation is required!
Nice.
You Reminded me. In about 1997 my Dog Rocky tore apart mine. I had put in a new Window AC unit in my bedroom window. That remaining Foam was PERFECTLY suited for the space left between the window frame and the unit. Worked eloquently to keep the draft out.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not rude to wear one at a game. If someone behind you tells you they can’t see then just take it off but probably a quarter of the crowd wear them at least.

I always wear a baseball cap cheesehead I have for that reason. Plus the big triangle one does eventually start to weigh heavy on my neck.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
a quarter of the crowd wear them at least.
Not even close. They are scattered around the stadium and some people are very accommodating in removing them, when asked. But sorry, I don't think anyone should even have to ask. You wear it coming in, pregame maybe, but when the game starts, it should be off.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even close. They are scattered around the stadium and some people are very accommodating in removing them, when asked. But sorry, I don't think anyone should even have to ask. You wear it coming in, pregame maybe, but when the game starts, it should be off.

We found the guy telling people to sit down on 3rd downs fellas.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We found the guy telling people to sit down on 3rd downs fellas.
My section stands during a good portion of the game, which sucks for those people with bad feet, legs, etc. Personally, I would prefer everyone sitting, since standing doesn't really change your view point that much, just seems people think standing is a show of excitement.

Still doesn't change my view on cheese heads. Much like the idiots who hoist someone up on their shoulders during a concert. Yeah great view for the person on their shoulders, but the people behind and around them, not so much.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is indeed a medical reason for standing at important parts of the game. If something exciting happens and everyone has to quickly jump to their feet from the sitting position, it puts a lot of strain on the legs, lower back, and heart. Preparing by being in the standing position is an important prevention step. Additionally, for those that choose to imbibe before/during games, it is safer if one is already standing when something good happens lest a fan should fall into the seats below while scrambling to stand up quickly.

Is that it? NO THAT'S NOT ALL!

Giving high-fives to everyone around you after a TD or 3rd down stop requires a lot of twisting of the spine to include those sitting adjacent and behind. When fans are standing, they are able to accomplish this without putting strain on the back because they can physically turn around and side-to-side.

Lastly, no time is wasted preparing to polka dance in the stands if you are already standing.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought people should behave like they would in church. I just think there are things you can do to be courteous to the people around you. Basically, be aware that there are (78,000) other people around you.

While I am venting.....if you need to get up to go pee, get a beer and/or reverse that process in returning to your seat......wait until the F'ing play is over. So damn annoying to have drunk guy, wobbling in the row to go pee, spilling beer all over people and blocking their view, as the Packers are scoring the game winning TD.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought people should behave like they would in church. I just think there are things you can do to be courteous to the people around you. Basically, be aware that there are (78,000) other people around you.

While I am venting.....if you need to get up to go pee, get a beer and/or reverse that process in returning to your seat......wait until the F'ing play is over. So damn annoying to have drunk guy, wobbling in the row to go pee, spilling beer all over people and blocking their view, as the Packers are scoring the game winning TD.
There you go again Poker. Expecting people to consider someone else besides themselves. A lot of people do but IMO more don't. Most of those who don't are accommodating if you say something but like you said you shouldn't have to say something.

Members online

Latest posts