Blogger cries about Lambeau and Packers fans

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
click here for funny crybaby antics:

As mentioned in a post yesterday, McD, Booter (our resident legal expert) and I spent Sunday afternoon at Lambeau Field, watching our beloved San Diego Chargers completely crap the bed defensively against the Packers. Anytime I visit a new stadium, I like to evaluate it on several levels to see how it stacks up against the others I've been to. Lambeau scored very highly on several aspects of my test but utterly failed on others. I really wasn't expecting that. This was supposed to be hallowed ground. And while the ambiance did live up to expectations, many other factors simply did not. Here follows my review of Lambeau.

All ratings are on a scale from 0-10, 10 equaling perfection:

Atmosphere: 8.5
The stadium itself is much like you see on television. The fact that you're in a big bowl, with fans packed tightly together makes you feel like you're in an old school stadium. The Packers' Ring of Honor also connects you to the former greats who have played there as well. But recent improvements aimed at modernizing the building do take away from the overall feeling that you're in a historic building.

Facilities: 9
No complaints here. Other than the ridiculous walk up a circular ramp to our seats, the facilities were top notch. Everything from the two large, easily visible scoreboards, to the beautiful atrium as you enter made you feel like you were in a fully modern, state-of-the-art stadium.

Food: 5
Incredibly average. Nothing special here. The hot dogs were alright, the beer selection (Miller products) was disappointing and sadly the bratwursts were actually pretty bad. The only saving grace was a nicely priced chicken tenders and fries basket. But really we all got the feeling that the food in the parking lot at the tailgate was probably way better than anything in the stadium.

Seats: 3
The sight-lines were perfect and I really don't think there is a bad seat in the house, but my back was killing me after the game because of those lame metal benches. While I'm all for the old-style benches making us all feel like we're watching a game in 1955, the kind that have no back really suck. I refuse to pay for a ticket (ok, so I didn't actually pay for my ticket) and then pay to rent a seat cushion with a back on it so I can feel comfortable. If you're going to spend more money updating the stadium, how about fixing that huh?

Tailgate Atmosphere: 9
Not just the walk-up, parking lot area, but all the surrounding bars, parking lots and streets were flush with tons of people, activity and guys on PA systems yelling innocuous statements and encouraging people to sing karaoke. There were drinking games, mechanical bull riding contests, and tons of drunk middle aged guys trying to slur insults at passing Chargers fans. Basically it's what I imagine Mardi Gras would be like if it was run by the YMCA and everyone was over 35-years-old.

Fan Support: 9
Bear in mind, this has nothing to do with fan etiquette which will come later. That said, the Packers fans were loud and they all showed up in their Packers jerseys. Boy did they show up in their Packers jerseys. Here's a list of all the different players jerseys we saw, and these are just the ones we can remember: #25 Dorsey Levens, #34 Edgar Bennett, #52 Frank Winters, #88 Keith Jackson, #32 Samkon Gado, #12 Aaron Rodgers, #36 Leroy Butler, #42 Darren Sharper, #21 Craig Newsome, #92 Reggie White, #77 Cullen Jenkins, #50 A.J. Hawk, #15 Bart Starr, #5 Paul Hornug, #59 Wayne Simmons, #7 Don Majkowski, #89 Mark Chmura, #32 Brandon Jackson, #89 Robert Ferguson, #87 Robert Brooks, #66 Ray Nitschke, #88 Bubba Franks, #4 Brett Favre, #86 Antonio Freeman, #84 Javon Walker, #84 Sterling Sharpe, #93 Gilbert Brown, #82 Don Beebe, #56 Nick Barnett, #76 Chad Clifton, #96 Sean Jones, #34 Mike McKenzie, #85 Greg Jennings, #52 Abdul Hodge, #51 Brady Poppinga, #21 Charles Woodson, #74 Aaron Kampman, #80 Donald Driver, #59 Na'il Diggs, #94 Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, #30 Ahman Green, #33 William Henderson, #3 Tony Canadeo ... like I said, those are just the ones we remember seeing. It was insane.

Eye Candy: -12
Guh. Seriously, Wisconsin has a serious problem when it comes to women. There was not a semi-good looking one to be found. Anywhere. At all. Even the Miller girls at the local bars were gross. There is not a quantifiable amount of alcohol I'd have to drink to nail the average chick I saw. I didn't expect much from Green Bay, but this was atrocious. I figured there would be some token moderately attractive women somewhere. I thought wrong. The utter lack of "foaf" (yeah it's my word, feel free to use it) at Lambeau really took away from the experience.

Fans: 2
This refers to the general attitude of the fans as we experienced it. Of course any time you're a visiting fan wearing your team's jersey in a stadium with rabid fans, you can expect to eat a certain level of sh*t. We were fully prepared for that and it didn't bother us at all. It's not the heckling that bugged us, it's how freaking annoying and un-knowledgeable the fans around us were. So much so that the two long-time season ticket holders behind us were constantly apologizing for the way the other fans were acting. We didn't so much as respond to one bit of the razzing we were taking. We purposely just sat there, cheered when our team did well but didn't fire back. It's fine to heckle but when the game is over, you don't gloat or cat-call the opposing fans, you say "good game" and shake their hands/pat them on the back. Only one fan (not including the two gentlemen behind us) acted classy and didn't try to rub it in. If the Chargers had won I think they would have started crying.

On the way to the exit and through the parking lot to the car we finally started responding because we were fed up. Here are two of the exchanges I had with them:
Packer fan #2 with ugly chick on his arm: "Go home!"
Me: "You mean San Diego, where the weather is perfect and the chicks are hot? Yeah I'm headed there right now. Enjoy the trip back to your duplex with your brutal chick man. We lost a football game, you lost in life."

Female Packer fan: "Hey! Hey! Can you turn around, my boyfriend wants to take a picture of you and your friends being all sad because you lost!"
Me: "Hey, can you just hold on for a second. I want to take a picture of you because when I describe how ugly the women are here my friends won't believe me unless I have photo evidence."

Encounters like these prompted lifelong Vikings fan and friend of the program, Mike to say, "I almost forgot why I hate Packers fans."

Another thing that constantly bothers me is when fans don't fully understand the rules. Either someone needs to explain them to Packers fans everywhere or they just had "Pass Interference Tourettes." Literally every incomplete pass (I'm not exaggerating here) resulted in two solid minutes of booing, whining and moans for PI calls. Ridiculous.

Final Tally For Lambeau Experience: 33.5/80

If having women to gawk at during a game doesn't bother you, then Lambeau grades out at a 45.5/70, which is not too shabby. Just don't go and look to have any fun after the game with some of the local ladies, you could break a hip.

Posted by Phillips

------------------------

So a Chargers fan had a bad time at Lambeau when the Packers beat their ****? Shocker.

And all he has is "the girls are ugly and they made fun of me."

I'm sure by the time he got back to San Diego all the fair weather fans threw out their Tomlinson jersies and when he asked them what they thought about the game, they responded "the Colts game?"

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. What a whiner. If the Chargers would have won, I highly doubt he would have written such a whiny blog. Can't take being beaten by the Packers, I guess.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a Vikings fan with a tattered viking jersey soaked in beer sitting in a bar complaining out loud " Vikings fans are all Jerks, everyone of them..."

He says " they tore my Vikings jersey and poured beer all over me... And I was one of them. From now on I will know that all vikings fans are jerks!"

Hearing the ranting of the Vikings fan, a big, burly man got up from the other side of the bar and walked over to the poor vikings fan and with "I heard what you said..." unleashed a devasting beating on the poor guy.

The bouncers and the bartender restored order and calmed the patrons down... "Have a seat big guy, let me buy you a beer" the bouncer said to the burly man who had pounded on the Vikings fan...
And as he poured the beer, the bartender leaned over and said to the big man, "I take it that you are a Vikings fan?"
To which the Big Burly man replied rather indignantly, "NO, I am a JERK!"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ONLY thing i agrre with the guy on is the seats. The bench seats ARE awful. I HATE them. You pay alot for a seat, then have to fight to keep the 12 inch spot you are allowed. And in the winter when you are bundled up, it's terrible. I was hoping that when they redid the stadium, that they would put REAL seats in.
As far as women go, i have seen plenty of pretty ones there. But i guess i also go to the game to watch FOOTBALL, not eye women. This clown talks as though women are there just for "eye candy". I bet he uses women all the time, and will never have a REAL relationship.
So.......our team kicks your teams collective *****, so show what rude idiots you are and insult our women. Yeah.....REAL class.
So i hope he enjoys all the fake boobed women (at least they LOOK like women.....in California, you never KNOW what might be under that skirt! :shock: )

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the way to the exit and through the parking lot to the car we finally started responding because we were fed up. Here are two of the exchanges I had with them:
Packer fan #2 with ugly chick on his arm: "Go home!"
Me: "You mean San Diego, where the weather is perfect and the chicks are hot? Yeah I'm headed there right now. Enjoy the trip back to your duplex with your brutal chick man. We lost a football game, you lost in life."

Female Packer fan: "Hey! Hey! Can you turn around, my boyfriend wants to take a picture of you and your friends being all sad because you lost!"
Me: "Hey, can you just hold on for a second. I want to take a picture of you because when I describe how ugly the women are here my friends won't believe me unless I have photo evidence."

Encounters like these prompted lifelong Vikings fan and friend of the program, Mike to say, "I almost forgot why I hate Packers fans."

Okay, so the Packer fan just says "Go home" and thats an insult that justifies the idiot to say you lost in life and your g/f is a dog??

WTF?????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont see any pics of him there..

but he had this to say about that area where the girls put there bras up on the poles

I thought the idea was to get skinny, hot chicks to take their bras off. Apparently not in Green Bay. An actual quote from a Packers fan on seeing Booter, McD and I in our LT throwback jerseys, "Bet you don't see stuff like that in California." My response, "Nope. We don't put bras on dairy cows back home."

and the Packer fans are the rude ones

Again WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's judging a football game experience based on the attractiveness of the female fans. He probably votes for president based on the hotness of the first daughter. And just because he made a big deal out of it, I'm calling him a closet case too.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the last game in San Diego between the Pack and Chargers (right before Brett's dad passed). Charger fans are extremely name, they won't speak to you, acknowledge any conversation, etc. Soooo many hecklers around us and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many empty seats (granted they suck that year....)....4 years ago right...all these charger fans were yelling old man favre retire....people told us to never walk in their stadium again....well screw teh San Diego Subpar Chargers...b/c they are not Super Chargers

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I live in California now, yes I love fruit and yes I can get nutty..LOL...I have to agree some woman here are fake, fake boobs, fake nails, fake hair, who knows what else is fake. I have run across some pretty normal woman here at least where we live. Now do they are the personality of Wisconsin woman, NOWAY. Most have fake attitudes as well, I am down to earth and what you see is what you get. But again I am from Wisconsin and lived there most of my life. Now for the so called ugly woman in Wisconsin, you have so called ugly woman everywhere not just in Wisconsin. But at least most woman in Wisconsin are genuine good looking or bad. I know you have to be somewhat physically attracted to someone but really is whats in someones heart that counts.

Now for the seating at the field: I have to agree to, I had a pretty heavy gentleman sitting next to me and he took most of my seat, but the guy was so nice that I didnt care..LOL..and I was so excited to see a game live that I could have been seated on the ground and it wouldnt have mattered.

When we were there I didnt run across anyone that was rude to us, infact the other way around. Everyone was so nice. One thing I love about Wisconsin is everywhere you go most everyone will say Hi to you or smile or wave if you know them or not. In California people are not like this, when I first came here I would smile or say Hi and most would look at you like "What is your problem". So I learned fast not to do those things.

Over all I would take living in Wisconsin over living anywheres else on earth. Its a simple life, mostly stress free, and everyone is just down to earth.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first of all, i like the ladies. they really rev my engine. but they arent why you go see a football game. i do agree that theres not a whole lot to look at female wise at Packer games. But then again, i was too busy taking in all the glorious greatness that surrounded me at Lambeau that i probally wasnt looking. then again im a real football fan not a san diego charger fan.

second of all... the mere fact that this ****** has the balls to say Packer fans dont know what theyre talkin about. look every team has fans that spout off without really knowing anything... but when your selling 70 k seats to every fricking game for 50+ years....your bound to get the occasional tool in there.

Meanwhile this guys a Whales ****** Charger fan. and if theres one iron tough proud, meaningful, historical worthwhile team in the NFL its those Whales ****** Chargers. When i think intelligent tough respectful football fans... i think of charger fans. i mean come on... we cant even take this guy seriously. this is a team that has more pride in their fashion than their record... i mean really. Once LT retires without a championship... they will return to the franchise everyone considers a joke with cool uniforms. no bother

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know it's funny, I saw a pretty cute girl in the stands during some GB highlights last night when they were talking about the Chargers/Packers game. I always look to see who they pick to represent the WI population on TV, and I was pleasantly surprised this time.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is funny because I heard time and time again from visiting fans about how polite and knowledgeable the Green Bay fans are. Hm... I wonder who to believe.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I've been to San Diego, the hot girls I see have fake lips + ****, which I do not find particularly attractive.

Midwest girls, however...REAL girls....I do find quite tasty.

I hope that ****** never comes back to Green Bay.

And I agree with what has already been said: Watch the f*cking game, not the female fans!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to many Packer games although I have never been to Lambeau so I don't know what it's like there with the fans but I doubt it's different from other places.

Overall our fans are thought very highly of in other cities. We go to the game, party, and have a good time with other fans. There's always going to be a few idiots and some too drunk to know better but I have never seen an intentionally in-your-face encounter instigated by a Packer fan.

I've seen (and participated in) some great ribbing with fans, however, I can name some stadiums where I just would not recommend it at all.

My take on this is why bother going thru all the ******** when you've got a point and your going to drive it home just do it. I happened to be in San Diego when we played Denver in the SB.

There's no identity or character to a "San Diegoin" if you can find one and the food is great if you like 9 out of 10 restaurants serving mexican.

When you come from a city where the most popular room is the freaking john where everybody's in line trying to pass that last torching hot enchilada I don't see a lot of room for judging the beauty of our women.

I gotta tell ya the sights I remember we not as cracked up as you want us to believe. It didn't smell all that great either.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a tryannic, a-hole crowd Lambeau has.....

"Go home!" = A terrible, mean attack of another person just for being a visiting team's fan at the home team's stadium. What kind of jerk tells someone to do what they were already likely to be planning on doing anyway?

"You suck at life, and live in trailer, and your girlfriend is uglier than the Cali girls that I never have the guts to talk to until I'm drunk and unappealing anyway" = Something that couldn't possibly have been thought up well after the fact, cause it's just so witty, and way to go for restraining yourself, and showing some of that world-famous Charger Class.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

"Go home!" = A terrible, mean attack of another person just for being a visiting team's fan at the home team's stadium. What kind of jerk tells someone to do what they were already likely to be planning on doing anyway?

I laughed at this too. I was at a Tampa game and the guys in front of my dad and I would not sit down. The people behind us were getting pissed because we had to stand up every play to see anything.

I finally said something (nicely believe it or not) that that we had come 1400 miles to see the game and my dad was seventy five years old and didn't need to stand the whole game.

This moran sits down and starts mumbling something and then kind of flashes this can opener he was holding. I bent over and said very quitely that if I saw that thing in his hand again I would open his head with it.

"Go Home". What a candy ***.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I laughed at this too. I was at a Tampa game and the guys in front of my dad and I would not sit down. The people behind us were getting pissed because we had to stand up every play to see anything.

I finally said something (nicely believe it or not) that that we had come 1400 miles to see the game and my dad was seventy five years old and didn't need to stand the whole game.

This moran sits down and starts mumbling something and then kind of flashes this can opener he was holding. I bent over and said very quitely that if I saw that thing in his hand again I would open his head with it.

"Go Home". What a candy ***.

warhawk= 100% pure, unadulterated badass

:whippin:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans: 2
This refers to the general attitude of the fans as we experienced it. Of course any time you're a visiting fan wearing your team's jersey in a stadium with rabid fans, you can expect to eat a certain level of sh*t. We were fully prepared for that and it didn't bother us at all. It's not the heckling that bugged us, it's how freaking annoying and un-knowledgeable the fans around us were. So much so that the two long-time season ticket holders behind us were constantly apologizing for the way the other fans were acting. We didn't so much as respond to one bit of the razzing we were taking. We purposely just sat there, cheered when our team did well but didn't fire back. It's fine to heckle but when the game is over, you don't gloat or cat-call the opposing fans, you say "good game" and shake their hands/pat them on the back. Only one fan (not including the two gentlemen behind us) acted classy and didn't try to rub it in. If the Chargers had won I think they would have started crying.

He's completely right on that

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This comment basically sums up my thoughts:

I mean a fan says go home, and you have the balls to say he lost in life and his g/f is ugly to their face?

And the Packer fan was rude?

Like I said maybe you were just upset the Chargers lost, to the PACKERS, who were SUPPOSE to be the bottom of the barrel.

I guess if I were in your shoes I really would have been depressed and thinking the world is going to end. And just tiny little things would have set me off as well.

I agree with that guy ^^^^

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the Giants game a few weeks ago, and got my fair share of Packers suck!, Boooo and even a "I can't believe they let you in here". But all in all most of the other people I came in contact with were pretty cool.

What a ****** this Chargers fan is. Suck it up and be a man at an opposing team's venue already!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's judging a football game experience based on the attractiveness of the female fans. He probably votes for president based on the hotness of the first daughter. .
I bet he will vote for Mike McCarthy for president then!!! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts