Charles Woodson Fined For Hitting Saints Player

Reaction score
Why use a different photo? The reason he didn't get ejected is the ref really didn't see the punch. He threw the punch and was fortunate he didn't get tossed. He got caught up in the moment and got pissed off the opponent was in his grill. It's that simple. Pay the fine and be happy you got away with one. Carolina is next! I think #21 will have two picks, compliments of Mr. Newton.
Trapped

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
When your the SB champs.. you'll catch breaks.

When I think of Woodson I think more than SB Champion; he joked around with the President of the USA, has a small speech inscribed on the team's SB rings, has donated over $2 million dollars to a Children's hospital, and I think that helps catch breaks.

He should of gotten more of a punishment, but as a Packers fan I'm okay with this.

Reaction score
When this is your first fine in 14 years, I would say that he deserved nothing more than that fine. Look at Suh. He joins the league and in 1 year he gets fined multiple times.

Woodson did it in retaliation
Suh does it because he is a dirty player

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Yeah he has a clean record up to this point. If this were to happen again then I would expect a larger punishment.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the goodell criticism is fair; woodson isn't known for being a goon but that was clearly a classless move by him. and being a lifelong saints fans, i've seen my share of classlessness by players (a certain jets sunday night football game, right kyle turley?). shoulda gotten more but i've never disliked woodson...in the words of bart simpson, "i'm gonna allow this"...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You guys should be happy it was just a fine and not a suspension.

Come on think positive for once. As much money as he makes he has nothing to worry about.

THANKFULLY he didn't get suspended and we won't be losing our star CB for a few games.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I don't think I can call Suh a dirty player.

As much as I hate Julius Peppers, those guys just like to hit hard. I don't like Troy Polamalu for his missile tackles but that's how they play. If Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White still played today with how leaning toward player safety the game has become they would be calling them dirty too for being so vicious.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of Woodson I think more than SB Champion; he joked around with the President of the USA, has a small speech inscribed on the team's SB rings, has donated over $2 million dollars to a Children's hospital, and I think that helps catch breaks.

He should of gotten more of a punishment, but as a Packers fan I'm okay with this.
And you can also add to this impressive resume':
Defense player (A rare thing) Heisman Trophy Winner.
DPOY

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When this is your first fine in 14 years, I would say that he deserved nothing more than that fine. Look at Suh. He joins the league and in 1 year he gets fined multiple times.

suh is definitely not a dirty player, he is just a violent player.

Reaction score
I don't think I can call Suh a dirty player.

As much as I hate Julius Peppers, those guys just like to hit hard. I don't like Troy Polamalu for his missile tackles but that's how they play. If Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White still played today with how leaning toward player safety the game has become they would be calling them dirty too for being so vicious.

I don't think this is dirty.. This is just how a defensive tackle should play football
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is not dirty

This might be dirty

There is another play where he purposely pushes a players helmet into the ground then pushes it again. After that he steps on the player... That is dirty.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, after all of the articles that have been written and all of the exploration of the complete rule out of the NFL rule book, I dont see people still calling for his ejection from the game. The refs did the right thing and so did the NFL, this was not inconsistent

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesnt really bother me. Then again I wasnt bothered by Blount punching the dude in college either

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts