Cedric Benson season officially OVER

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was hoping for him to come back. Could be the end of his career, that's a strange injury and could linger. I hope we can figure out the best way to balance Starks/Green/Cobb. I think there is enough production out of those three to be good enough for this year if we can balance the load and use these guys where they have the tools to maximize production per rushing attempt. I think the magic number is something like 12 carries for Starks around 10 for green and 3-5 for cobb. Give or take a few on each of those numbers and give those guys the ball in the most effective places you can. Should be enough to be respectable.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was hoping for him to come back. Could be the end of his career, that's a strange injury and could linger. I hope we can figure out the best way to balance Starks/Green/Cobb. I think there is enough production out of those three to be good enough for this year if we can balance the load and use these guys where they have the tools to maximize production per rushing attempt. I think the magic number is something like 12 carries for Starks around 10 for green and 3-5 for cobb. Give or take a few on each of those numbers and give those guys the ball in the most effective places you can. Should be enough to be respectable.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was easier to fake a running threat with Benson than it is with Starks/Green, so this one is gonna hurt a bit. But hey, going 5 wide is a better way to attack cover 2 so abandoning the run altogether might be the way to go from here on in.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will take Starks over Benson but still it sure would be nice to have him back - he was starting to rip off some nice yardage.
Starks > Benson > Green

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a short lived life as a Green Bay Packer!
Now does TT address our OL and DL along with safety in the offseason or does he go off script and draft a RB in the first round.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant?
Tim Hightowter?

Kregg Lumpkin just signed with the Giants.
We're gonna need another RB as surely Starks and/or Green will get injured. Time to get the next guy ready.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The thing with starks or green is that they don't represent a big play threat. The other teams knows that they are only good for minimal running gains and a 7-8 yard run very rarely is not a threat to a defense. Starks has a better push the pile attitude but still gets tackled easily, and green will go down by the shoe laces. The big thing about Ced benson was his name. He wasnt completely up to speed on all the plays, or learning his O linemans blocking tendancies....but, he at least represented the big play ability and has proved that he can be a solid back with 1000 yard seasons. Teams have no fear of our run what so ever and had no need to overload the box, dropping more guys into coverage. Until we get a legit run threat and an O line healthy our pass attack is going to suffer.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do other teams deal with the same kind of terrible "time-framing" of injuries that Packers do with McCarthy? He's a good coach, but I mean the guy is off on his return time due to injury approximately 100% of the time.

He just needs to be a little more conservative with his estimates is all...like when you think you wanna tell people CM3 will be out for a couple weeks, double it and say he'll be out 4 weeks.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of Benson on IR.

How about Steven Jackson out of STLO? Isn't he coming to the end of his contract? He has some miles on him, but he is a workhorse. Loved watching him play in college.

~Val

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of Benson on IR.

How about Steven Jackson out of STLO? Isn't he coming to the end of his contract? He has some miles on him, but he is a workhorse. Loved watching him play in college.

~Val
I honestly think Jackson probably has a little more tread left than Ced, but I'd rather not keep signing old guys. But unless Jackson was a 1-year league minimum contract like Ced, it wouldn't happen anyway.