Cardinals on IR out of game

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well along with their defensive line, their DB's owned us without Honey Badger last time, so it really isn't the AZ defense I concern myself with, it is our offense executing better and our Defense playing well while forcing a few turnovers.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks made the Cardinals defense look terrible, I hope our coaches have been studying that film and adapting our game plan to reflect it.

Same really goes with our Defense. Seahawks have a better defense, but if we can shut down the Cardinals offense, like the Hawks did, we can win.

Arians is smart coach though, he will have 2 weeks to fix the mistakes that they made against the Seahawks, so the Packers can't go down there expecting to see THAT team take the field.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well along with their defensive line, their DB's owned us without Honey Badger last time, so it really isn't the AZ defense I concern myself with, it is our offense executing better and our Defense playing well while forcing a few turnovers.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks made the Cardinals defense look terrible, I hope our coaches have been studying that film and adapting our game plan to reflect it.

Same really goes with our Defense. Seahawks have a better defense, but if we can shut down the Cardinals offense, like the Hawks did, we can win.

Arians is smart coach though, he will have 2 weeks to fix the mistakes that they made against the Seahawks, so the Packers can't go down there expecting to see THAT team take the field.

I took a stroll over to the cardinals forum... They said the week 17 match-up was a "Preseason game". And that they never tried. :)

Well if that is the case... I think the Packers went back to preseason after week 6. :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well if that is the case... I think the Packers went back to preseason after week 6. :roflmao:

Yup, we've just been playing around and tweeking things since week 6 for the playoffs....and those started last Sunday. Nobody has figured out our devious master plan of lulling our opponents into a false sense of security.

Although, there is some validity to what their fan said, since Arians kind of said the same thing:

“Guys just didn’t show up with any passion. We really didn’t have anything to play for. We were locked in the No. 2 seed. You try to rah-rah that thing in there, but it’s not the same. We don’t even talk about it anymore".

But throughout history, that mentality has failed for many teams who "played out the season" due to a first round bye, lets hope it comes back to bite the Cardinals where they sit.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense but if you think these injuries spell success for our offense.....get out from under the rock you've been hiding under.

Is it a good thing for the offense? Most likely...however not necessarily.

Will we roll from the Washington game? Possibly...or will we look like weeks 7 on to the end of regular season? Possibly.

I just want AR and company to have a chance to win it late in the game...if that is the case win or lose I honestly will see it as a success as bad as we have looked this year.

This game however I think could be won by our Defense so long as the Offense doesn't give the ball away.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
There you go thats what I like to see.

Rodgers will dismantled the Cards just like he dismantled the Falcons in 2010. Then the Road to SF will go through Green bay the following week against the Hawks in the revenge game.

Reaction score
No offense but if you think these injuries spell success for our offense.....get out from under the rock you've been hiding under.

Will we roll from the Washington game? Possibly...or will we look like weeks 7 on to the end of regular season? Possibly.

I just want AR and company to have a chance to win it late in the game...if that is the case win or lose I honestly will see it as a success as bad as we have looked this year.

This game however I think could be won by our Defense so long as the Offense doesn't give the ball away.
Yep, I think ball security is a major factor this week. If we win the turnover ratio by +2 like they did to us last game? This should be a 1 score game in the 4th at best.
Saturday must be relatively mistake free..
Some Key objectives to a winning gameplan are:
1. Protecting Aaron and limiting QB hits
2. Winning the turnover battle (>= +1)
3. Limiting Fouls/Penalty yardage
(KR holding calls etc..= 0)
4. Getting QB pressure on Palmer

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bottom line, despite injuries this team just needs to go out there and not make any mistakes. they have to be near perfect and do their jobs. problem is the wait to watch this motha fkkk game!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There you go thats what I like to see.

Rodgers will dismantled the Cards just like he dismantled the Falcons in 2010. Then the Road to SF will go through Green bay the following week against the Hawks in the revenge game.
I would love nothing more, than for that to happen. But i felt then that those Falcons were as overrated as one could be heading into the playoffs, and I get a completely different feel for these Cardinals.

OP
OP

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the Packers had offensive line problems in that game they dont have now. Things are balancing out this time

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love nothing more, than for that to happen. But i felt then that those Falcons were as overrated as one could be heading into the playoffs, and I get a completely different feel for these Cardinals.

I generally agree. The '15-'16 Cardinals are a much more complete football team than the '10-'11 Falcons. That being said, the Falcons were 4-3 against playoff teams that year (Cards are 4-2 this season), so they were no pushover. They just ran into a buzz saw that day. That was a fun game.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a few comments come to mind, like if the shoe fits and look in a mirror. 50% of that stadium cleared out in the NFCCG last year with half a quarter to play, yet all of them will claim to have been there till the bitter end :)

Along with another 100,000 who were never there to begin with

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those Falcons were 5th in both points scored and points allowed and 13-3 overall. They were pretty good.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is the most important thing the defense absolutely has to take care of, especially early to somehow rattle the Cardinals passing game.
That's really the only way. The secondary won't be able to hold these receivers if he has enough time. The fact that Washington was able to gash us up the middle last week is a bit concerning.

Members online

Latest posts