Cap casualties

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
We all know Wahle will be cut due to his roster bonus. Does anyone know when theat will be? Also, consensus is that if Sharper doesn't restructure his current contract he will also be released. When does that need to be done by?

Samari Rolle is going to be cut by the Titans. Any guesses on what his price would be? I also believe Andre Dyson is going to be available. He'd surely be a bit cheaper than Rolle. I'd be happy with either of these guys.

Does Bates intend to go into the season with Carroll as a starter?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Carroll will be a good starter this year. His main issue is his hands on receivers. The guy can run like the wind and he likes to get physcial. that's a decent combo albeit he's a shorty. his speed an number make me think of D Green even though hes not in the same zipcode for skill level.

ill search around for a list of potential cap casualaties

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go more for the taller AL HARRIS types at Cornerback... that way they can compete with the Hermann's (Detroit), and Irvin's (Dallas) and Moss's (Minnesota) of the NFL... Don't forget how much trouble we had with what
s hisname in Tampa --- Jureviscius(sp)... remember that..? If you notice, Patriot CB's aren't real tall, but neither are they as short as Carroll.

I'm hopin that they use Wahle as bait for a higher first round draft pick - so we can go after one of those that wouldn't be there at our regular turn.... Sharper turns 30 - if we get so lucky as to lay hands on Shazor, then it's over... I think Shazor's a bit taller, too!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:
I think we should use Wahle as trade bait to get maybe a 2nd rounder, not move up in the first round.

We'd have to sign him first. No one will take him with his huge contract now. I think we should get more than just one second round pick for the man. He's a top knotch player.

GakkofNorway said:
Carroll missed a lot of tackles this season, the overall tackling of the GB defense got to improve.

I really believe this willi improve with the coaching

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first off, carroll should start. the guy is a raw talent. i doubt d green went without struggles in his rookie campaign.

wahle will most likely be cut march 1, to limit the time that he is free to other team.

ne way he gets traded when it's common knowledge that he'll be cut.

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers have a better chance of keeping Rivera than Wahle. I would love to keep them both. I think Bubba Franks is staying. I can't see any teams paying more than 2 million a year for Bubba. I think that price is worth it for the Packers. The only way Wahle stays is if Sharper takes a significant cut and some other Packers like Brett take a little cut and Wahle does not get crazy about his salary. I assume the Packers will have to make some painful choices. I like Sharper, but he is not a 5 million a year player. If that figure is around 3 million a year it is a little easier to take. The Packers defense needs an overhaul. Sharper, KJB, Barnett and Diggs are worth keeping, but Sharper's price tag is high. I have high hopes for our rookie DBs too, but quite frankly they played poorly in 2004.

Members online

Latest posts