Canty signed with Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is still building this team. It takes time to re-build what Mike Sherman drove deep into the ground.

His first season in Green Bay with the pear shaped loser still coaching that record can not be put on him for several reasons.

The wins and championships will come after he has actually finished "building" his team. They have already made leaps and bounds from where they were when he took over.

But I'm sure those like you will continue to knock him and then jump back on the bandwagon again when he leads the team to a Championship. Don't hurt your ankles jumping on and off.

You might as well get on board now....Ted isn't going anywhere.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
freefromwhatyouare said:
He is still building this team. It takes time to re-build what Mike Sherman drove deep into the ground.
His first season in Green Bay with the pear shaped loser still coaching that record can not be put on him for several reasons.
The wins and championships will come after he has actually finished "building" his team. They have already made leaps and bounds from where they were when he took over.
But I'm sure those like you will continue to knock him and then jump back on the bandwagon again when he leads the team to a Championship. Don't hurt your ankles jumping on and off.

We may disagree about Jenkins but not the state of the Packers or TT.

TT is no more responsible for the 4-12 record (2005) than anyone posting in this forum.

13-3 in 2007 was an aberration as was 6-10 in 2008. What so many PackFans forget when posting is that GB lost 7 games by 4 points or less in 2008. The statistical chances of losing that many close games again are almost nil.

Another thought: The hiring of Capers outweighs any FA pick-up GB could have possibly pulled off this off-season. Add to Capers a few affordable FAs & the first 3 or 4 draft picks on defense and you have several added wins in 2009.

GBs offense could very well be one of the elites this season. With an almost guaranteed improvement on defense, the rest of the North Division will be looking up again at the Pack.

TT will be in-line for an extension.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
freefromwhatyouare said:

I was just commenting on how you called him the best GM in football, which I really don't think is the case. I think he's somewhere near the top of the middle-tier of GM's. I have less of a problem with him than most. Outside of Justin Harrell and Randy Moss, I support most of his moves. He got rid of Favre, right move. He drafted Greg Jennings over Chad Jackson, right move. He signed Charles Woodson when most people thought he was on the backend of his career, right move. I'd just like him to be more active in free agency.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
freefromwhatyouare said:

I was just commenting on how you called him the best GM in football, which I really don't think is the case. I think he's somewhere near the top of the middle-tier of GM's. I have less of a problem with him than most. Outside of Justin Harrell and Randy Moss, I support most of his moves. He got rid of Favre, right move. He drafted Greg Jennings over Chad Jackson, right move. He signed Charles Woodson when most people thought he was on the backend of his career, right move. I'd just like him to be more active in free agency.
Again, exactly. Most packers don't disapprove TT, actually, I, for one think he is doing a fine job, but there are some moves I think he has done wrong...

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency isn't over for one. And two, what would you have liked him to have done differently? Would you be happy if he over-spent on players? Then next year we lose valuable starters because we have no cash but we have Chris Canty with a sack a year. Canty making 10 mill a year which happens to be more than Aaron Kampman so you also have him upset going into negotiations. Not to mention pissing off Cullen Jenkins. And that's just with over-paying Canty. You seem to have wanted more of this. Hmmmm that sounds good. Also in your dreams he would have over-paid a aging Randy Moss who would then have been on a team with 4 very good starting WR's and he would start crying again. Not to mention Jennings being gone because now he can't be paid.

Justin Harrell was a bad pick to this point. Can he be a good player? That remains to be seen.TT nor any GM is never going to not make a mistake. But if you look at TT's track record you will see that he makes more good moves in the long run than bad. That's what you want in a GM.

I'm not speaking to anyone personally here, but people can sit and say he does a "poor job" but it just simply isn't based on fact. This is why I cast it off as drivel and ignore it. If that comes off as pompous here then so be it. I am a very busy person and the little time I spend here I don't want to be subjected to people who whine with no real facts or solutions to back it up.

peaCe

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
freefromwhatyouare said:

Still blaming Sherman are you? Nice.

Wolf forged a champion in 5 years. Can you remember Judge Parins? Tom Braatz? That's what Wolf inherited. Just a "little" worse than what TT inherited, :lol:

Think this current team has what it takes to bring it all home in '09, TT's fifth year? If not will that be Sherman's fault?
freefromwhatyouare said:
I also don't agree with every move he (TT) makes but will stand behind him always as the current person who is running the Green Bay Packers...for this I will bleed.
Ah, loyalty. What a fine attribute.

freefromwhatyouare said:
His (TT's) first season in Green Bay with the pear shaped loser (Sherman?, evidently) still coaching that record can not be put on him for several reasons.
Where's that loyalty now?

freefromwhatyouare said:
Leaps & bounds, eh? '04 team went 10-6. '08 team went 6-10. What exactly do you define as a "leap" or "bound"? Oh, right. That cap number. Hurray! We're the best at underpaying everyone. Woo Hoo.

He's still tearing down this team. A d-line as thin as this one needs experienced players, playing together in order to be successful. Letting the most experienced ones leave without a single one left to replace them probably isn't the best option while "building his team." :clap: :clap: :clap:

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got to mention one more item. In '04 the Packers were a near dominant offense, very few sacks allowed, dynamic rushing attack & of course, #4. The defense was porous & couldn't stop the run.

In '08 the Packers were a near dominant offense, decent running game, efficient passing game & a rising star in #12. Again the defense was porous & couldn't make a stop when it mattered most.

It's abundantly clear that this team is not better off than in '04, especially when wins are factored in.

Back on topic, Canty was worth pursuing. Pursuit as defined by TT, "we're interested when you run out of options."

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some here have made it their main objective here to try and prove me wrong on every issue. These people feel the need to create their own facts in their compulsive need to TRY and prove me wrong on every little thing. When they fail it just adds fuel to their compulsion.

I do respect a little more those that have admitted this to me...however,

I will from here on out ignore and by-pass such drivel as I see fit.

Time to find a new place to discuss the Green Bay Packers.

Good luck to you all!

Thank you,

peaCe

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
freefromwhatyouare said:
Some here have made it their main objective here to try and prove me wrong on every issue. These people feel the need to create their own facts in their compulsive need to TRY and prove me wrong on every little thing. When they fail it just adds fuel to their compulsion.

I do respect a little more those that have admitted this to me...however,

I will from here on out ignore and by-pass such drivel as I see fit.

Time to find a new place to discuss the Green Bay Packers.

I don't think you need to leave. All you really need to do is ignore doughsellz like most do.
doughsellz is still fighting the BF/TT fight that ended last summer. He is one of the last die-hards who has yet to move on. He posts in several forums with the same meaningless & sarcastic attitude that's typical of the BF die-hards. He'll only agree with you if you somehow trash TT, MM, or the Packers. Doom & gloom is his bottom-line.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Free..if you feel that way please report those posts so a mod can look at them, then the mod will handle it as they see fit.

Can't fix or help when we do not know there is an issue.

This thread sure got off topic..Do we really need this thread any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts