Calif and Switzerland going to first Paker Game Dec 9th

kinkers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all...my first post. My boss from Switz and I (from san jose, ca) are meeting up in Wisconsin to see the game on Dec 9th. Paid a ton for the tickets to make this a great experience watching the Packers beat up the Raiders.

We are staying in Milwaukee.

I need a bit of help on the trip so I'm asking here. Hopefully this is the right section of the forum.

1) How long will it take us to get to the Stadium from Milwaukee? And if it is snowing, will the roads be hazardous (we're in a rental car).

2) I've read a bit on the forum but I'm not certain yet how to handle the tailgating. It's a must for us, but, we're not likely to buy a BBQ while there, so we'll need someoen else to cook for us. Is the best thing just to go to the Brett Favre steakhouse party? Or should we try to bring local brews from california to barter for brats from some of the locals? And if so, where should we go to see these locals? Just go to the stadium lot on foot?

Sorry for so many questions, but, I'm stoked to get out there to see Favre beat my local team in such a great season for him. I'm praying for snow too, so I can pretend to be in one of those NFL pre-game vids with that voice-over guy showing crazy tailgaters in the snow.

Oh yeah, one last thing.....what to wear? Do I need a ski-type of jacket or just some layers of long sleeves and a hoodie?

Thanks in advance!
kevin

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Milwaukee you should go north on Interstate 43. It will take about 2 1/2 hours.
Since it is an expressway the roads should be in pretty good shape.

I know others like to park north of the stadium. I park south of the stadium and walk in. You pass by a lot of people tailgating in the various parking lots. There are tons of people in the packer lot tailgating as well.
Personally I would have as warm of clothing as I can get. Ski jacket themos under my pants. hat and gloves. If the temp is warm leave the extra stuff in the car. If it is cold you will be glad you have it.
Keep in mind the game is 3 hours long and you will be outside for at least another hour as well.
The seats are aluminum so think abut getting on of the rental chairs once you get inside the stadium.
Have a great time.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds great, kinkers!

I would bring the ski jacket *and* the layers of long-sleeves and a hoodie. Bring it all just in case it is bitterly cold.

You will have absolutely no problem finding the locals. Just walk into the Lambeau parking lot. There will be people tailgating in nearby lots as well. If you walk around and make friends I am certain that someone will feed you brats! It is a good idea to bring beer so you have something to drink as you wander around.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you want to stay warm in Lambeau, do it right.

But yourself a nice pair of Carhardt's. Overall & Jacket. You will be warm

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts