Bryan Bulaga: out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports LT Bryan Bulaga suffered a knee injury in Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage, and the Packers are "fearing the worst."

The injury initially seemed minor, until Bulaga approached medical staff reporting a "problem" with one of his knees. After exams, the Packers reportedly have "concern that the injury was a torn ligament and would turn out to be season-ending." Should Bulaga's injury prove as severe as feared, Green Bay's first option would likely involve turning back to Marshall Newhouse. Newhouse started the past two years on Aaron Rodgers' blindside, but consistently struggled and was benched this offseason in favor of Bulaga."

OP
OP
Rodgers_Forever

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what we need with our line already one of the league's worst. How is the line going to look if Bulaga is out for the year?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could also see Bahktiari take some reps on the left side as well.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UnPhuckingBelievable

We have the WORST luck with injuries.
Both of our FIRST round picks at OT, in 2010 and 2011, are ****'d with bad injuries. Bulaga and Sherrod.

Meanwhile in San Francisco, their 2 top picks Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis, keep humming along.
Plus the LT Joe Staley was a 1st rounder a few years before that.... still not broken like all ours.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just like last year, after every game open Monday/Sunday news to see who is out for the year. My optimism for this year is gone right now.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm not even shocked anymore when I hear about injuries. Our line is already garbage and it looks like it will only get worse and I'm not really convinced we're going to be helped much from a rookie 4th rounder.

This is growing tiresome though honestly. We fix one problem and two more spring up. It's like crab grass.

I think it might be in our best interest to either do more research on players before we draft them or we need to take a hard look at how the athletic trainers are monitoring and conditioning our players.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This stuff happens. What ****** me off about the medical staff is that no one returns within a normal time frame. It always takes far longer in GB to return. Where is Worthy? He probably won't even play this year. Why can they not rehab a knee like every other team? He at worst....at worst should be PUP and ready to rock when eligible by the PUP rules. He should be doing everything right now aside from live scrimmage contact. I bet he is jogging on the sideline at best.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely F'ing ridiculous! Can we catch a freaking break with the injuries already? Aaron is going to be on his back all season again. ERRRRRRRR!!!

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard the bad news. Hope it's not as severe as feared for the Packers sake. The amount of injuries this off season seems extraordinary.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Know what I find interesting..

With all the privacy laws about health, that football tends to not be that way..

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
On "Ask Vic" I just read that he had a very good training camp so far and now he might be out for the season ?
Dang :mad:

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh dear! This is a big blow!

We lose our best tackle, and have to play another season with Newhouse on the left (or maybe Bakthiari). It basically screws the whole O-line shift. Moreover with Tretter out as well, and Sherrod's still recovering, the O-line depth is getting very thin.

Basically, we are screwed.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is going to have to be creative and find some cuts from other teams worth bringing in. The line is way too thin now.

I know he likes to roll with only his own guys but since Datko has not improved at all you have to be open to looking around. The line is 1 more injury from being very bad.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not shocked....now we may have to see Newhouse back at LT. If that's the case, Rodgers won't last the entire season either and maybe that's why they are bringing in Young. LT is still an issue with this team yet AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts