Broncos want to interview Capers for their HC job

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching ESPN Sunday Countdown before and one of their insiders said that the Broncos want to interview Capers for their HC job. They also are going to interview John Fox.

Thoughts?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First they beat us in a SB, now they want to take our star DC?

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First they beat us in a SB, now they want to take our star DC?

Well they are interviewing Fox too, who has a better HC resume, and they are also interviewing someone else from within their organization. So there is hope he won't go.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Capers wasn't a good head coach, and I don't agree with how he sits up in his booth and coaches, IF he was a head coach. Def cordinator thats fine, but you need to have someone on the field motivating your guys.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh hell no!!! They cannot have our Capers, we love him!!! Lets ready the army! Protest! Riot! Overturn tables. Overturn chairs. Overturn whatever is not tied down! He shall not go!!!

Please don't leave us, Capers, we love you so!!!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers wasn't a good head coach,.

I hope that Capers sees it this way as well.

He can have the legendary status **** Lebeau has achieved in Pittsburgh as a eternal DC in Green Bay.

The Packers need to buy this guy a house on the lake and one for each of his kids to keep him here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Capers sucks as a HC

I "think" down the road Kevin Greene can and will take Doms spot SOMEWHERE

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty well understood Capers wasn't a great head coach.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this doesnt distract anyone. Capers should just shoot them down now. Can we just pay him head coach $ instead?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** that ****.. We Need him I will forever hate the team that takes him away. He can win superbowls in green bay I hope he is happy here.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has had some ****** teams to work with.

Yeah, but it's not like Denver is a team on the brink. They suck too. I'd be surprised if he left the situation he has made for himself in GB for a HC job in Denver. He's got the potential to have a #1 defense in the league for years to come and win a few Super Bowls. I don't see him having that opportunity with a team like Denver.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think though that they should promote him to assistant HC or something and give him a fat raise if teams are wanting to interview him for HCing positions. He NEEDS to stay in GB. This should be our #1 priority this offseason, keeping Capers. Capers is the biggest reason that we have a shot at a playoff run.

L

Lunchboxer

Hope he does not leave.

He was the HC of the Panthers the year they came to Green Bay and played that NFC Title game.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone would give Capers another chance at HC. He did have early success in Carolina taking them to a championship game but he was mediocre to poor in Houston. I think he's proved he's a great DC but not a great HC.

I think Wade Phillips may be the same.

HOWEVER, if the Broncos are willing to look at John Fox, they may be inept enough to consider Capers as a HC. That's only a knock on Capers as a HC. He has performed brilliantly as a DC and I hope it stays that way in Green Bay.

Members online

Latest posts