BRONCOS TRYING TO MOVE TREVOR

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Can't say I know a whole lot about this guy, but think he'd be good asset for the Pack?

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ProFootballTalk.com said:
Word out of Denver is that the Broncos are shopping former Pro Bowl defensive lineman Trevor Pryce.
Pryce, a once dominant defensive tackle, moved to defensive end in 2002 and remains the best defensive lineman on the roster. He missed most of the 2004 season after undergoing back surgery in September.
The team's willingness to part with Pryce arises from its impending shift from a 4-3 front to the 3-4. The thinking, we're told, is that the need for a high-priced defensive end is reduced in this new alignment, since the ends primarily are expected to tie up blockers so that the linebackers can make plays.
Pryce, 29, was the 28th player taken in the 1997 draft. In 2001, there were rumors of a possible trade of Pryce straight up for Vikings receiver Randy Moss, before Moss signed a long-term extension to stay in Minnesota. If Pryce is healthy, look for those rumors to rekindle, especially since Broncos coach Mike Shanahan surely would love to flaunt Moss to the Raiders and owner Al Davis, covets the speedy all-world wideout.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Christ - more Moss trade talk rumors....

Highly doubtful that Thompson would take any chances on Pryce, especially with no Cap room... 'sides, his back injury may make him less valuable and less trustworthy on the field... a possible waste of $$$$. Hate to see another Joe Johnson move at this point in time... Back injuries can be fickle or dangerous...

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver wants bigger guys? i think they want smaller guys so they can run the 3-4.

besides his cap number is 9+

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
sixone220 said:
IPBprez said:
Hate to see another Joe Johnson

took the words right outta my mouth

Wasn't Reggie a FA?

But of course we should always focus on the NEGATIVE things instead.

'sigh' youth these days

youth? who mentioned my age?

jj wasn't being mention as a flop cuz he was a FA DL, he, like pryce is injury prone.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't know anything bout the guy. All I know is he has to be an improvement but from what I've been reading sounds like he's a pricy pick up if he were to be picked up.

I'd much rather see the pack pick up some sleeper studs in the draft, that'd rock!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think Pyrce is anywhere close to Reggie White's ability when he was signed as a GB Packers free agent.
Free agency has been a bad gamble for the Packers of late. I would rather build from already established players and from the draft.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ldlehrer said:
I do not think Pyrce is anywhere close to Reggie White's ability when he was signed as a GB Packers free agent.
Free agency has been a bad gamble for the Packers of late. I would rather build from already established players and from the draft.

Not many are near Whites ability. FA has been a gamble? I have to say its been more of a nightmare then a gamble. We grab a FA an we all start biting our nails.

Members online

Latest posts