Bring back Billy and Free

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you took the tenor of my last post the wrong way. To me when someone says "Nice Job," it's a compliment. Considering that I was commenting on how people makes things up as they go along, as Cliff obviously did, I think thought that was clear.

Maybe we should start over. Hi, I'm Mackie.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<Lots of people make **** up, correct.
Wrong, not many people go through the hassle of finding a newspaper, find a NFL related writer and make up phony quotes attributing them to the writer they found.>>>

I've been posting in forums since 1998, mostly political forums. I quit posting in them or at least greatly reduced my participation in them starting in 2004. I couldn't take the BS anymore. Lies, paranoia, personal attacks and vulgarity were impossible to ignore because they filled the forums. Legitmate poster were hard to find. I like rational and intelligent debate. I don't mind someone giving me a good natured hard time but beyond that it's a waste of time and cyber space.

Hi, I'm Mackie.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Wrong, not many people go through the hassle of finding a newspaper, find a NFL related writer and make up phony quotes attributing them to the writer they found.>>>

I've been posting in forums since 1998, mostly political forums. I quit posting in them or at least greatly reduced my participation in them starting in 2004. I couldn't take the BS anymore. Lies, paranoia, personal attacks and vulgarity were impossible to ignore because they filled the forums. Legitmate poster were hard to find. I like rational and intelligent debate. I don't mind someone giving me a good natured hard but beyond that it's a waste of time and cyber space.

Hi, I'm Mackie.

So, you've been posting since '98, yet you don't know to check the right forum for a topic before posting? You don't know to check to see if someone is staff before you call them out with 'who do you think you are?'

C'mon now. Show some forum presence bud. :)

Hi, I'm Kevin.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:

I've been posting in forums since 1998, mostly political forums. I quit posting in them or at least greatly reduced my participation in them starting in 2004. I couldn't take the BS anymore. Lies, paranoia, personal attacks and vulgarity were impossible to ignore because they filled the forums. Legitmate poster were hard to find. I like rational and intelligent debate. I don't mind someone giving me a good natured hard but beyond that it's a waste of time and cyber space.

Hi, I'm Mackie.

So, you've been posting since '98, yet you don't know to check the right forum for a topic before posting? You don't know to check to see if someone is staff before you call them out with 'who do you think you are?'

C'mon now. Show some forum presence bud. :)

Hi, I'm Kevin.

My Sherman post was a Packers' subject and it does relate to the current state of the Packers. Obviously, if someone can lock a post, it means they are part of the staff. My impression, at the time, was that someone didn't want to talk about Sherman because I wanted to post in another Sherman thread and it was locked. I thought that I had something to contribute, so I did. I don't take forums lightly and my only intention is to contribute and have great debates without animosity and discordance.

I don't know the history of this forum. I would have known more but I left for some of the very reasons why this forum is so tightly controlled...abuses. That was several years ago. I thought I'd give this forum a try again because, as it is every year, trolls started making trouble again in the other forum. Frankly, I don't like highly controlled forums because they often stifle the flow of opinion and information. That's why we're all here, I'd assume. But, it is as it is and I'm done arguing about it and I've accepted it. I posted a comment about it because locking a thread seems to beyond the limits of what mods are for. I'm not here to cause trouble, only contribute.

This isn't a criticism, just an observation from other forums. Tightly controlling a forum doesn't stop the morons, it only puts limits on the contributors.

Peace,
Mackie

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This isn't a criticism, just an observation from other forums. Tightly controlling a forum doesn't stop the morons, it only puts limits on the contributors.

Peace,
Mackie

I want to believe you because you say you been forum ******* since 98, but you don't act like a seasoned forum user, not at all.

PF.com staff isn't 'tightly controlling' the forums here, they set rules and guidlines. Nothing too tight about it, just basic common sense while using a forum.

I've grown tired with this guy, is anyone gonna post some stats about Freeman, Schroeder and how they've been replaced, ... or have not been replaced?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think they, as a unit, have been replaced for some time now, considering that i don't feel that either of them was a legitimate "star", unless brett made them to be.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<I've grown tired with this guy>>>

And I of you and your struggle to regain credibilty. Call it forum ******* if you will but it ain't easy finding a good forum.

Replacing Freeman wasn't difficult because he went downhill so rapidly. Actually, it appears to me that Freeman was an attempt to replace Sterling Sharpe whose last season was 1994. I sometimes wonder how Freeman's career would have been if Sharpe hadn't gone down prematurely because of injury.

Freeman's Stats:
Year gms rec yds avg TD
1995 11 8 106 13.3 1
1996 12 56 933 16.7 9
1997 16 81 1,243 15.3 12
1998 15 84 1,424 17 14
1999 16 74 1,074 14.5 6
2000 15 62 912 14.7 9
2001 16 52 818 15.7 6
2002 16 46 600 13 4
2003 15 14 141 10.1 0

I can remember when the Packers re-signed Freeman to his big contract. I thought it was a mistake because he didn't have great speed, which I thought would limit his effectiveness in a few short years. However, the Packers didn't have much choice.

Billy was a track guy who had tons of talent. He was the classic case of why sometimes stats do lie. He wasn't good for much except on go and post patterns. Farve had to the lay the ball in his hands because he didn't have the instincts to go up after the ball in coverage. He never acted like the ball was his and looked afraid to make contact at times.

However, he did do well for a guy who didn't play much football before coming to the pros and had something we all wish we had...a pro football career.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know Cliff's history with this forum but if every forum banned posters for making things up as they went along, 90% of the posters in all forums would be banned. That is especially true in political forums.

The internet has become a tower of babble (sic).

Nice job!

You really don't even want to know the rest of the story. Trust me. :thumbsup:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't know Cliff's history with this forum but if every forum banned posters for making things up as they went along, 90% of the posters in all forums would be banned. That is especially true in political forums.

Nice job!

Cliff was a banned member named chase. He terrorized the old NC forums a few years back, made his way here and then insulted the admin and his family.

He violated forum rules, 4 of them last time I checked. THE STAFF, and MORE IMPORTANTLY THE MEMBERS come here to engage in exciting debate, not put up with idiots that are abusive and only want a response.

You seem to have a problem with all the efforts the staff puts in. Let me tell you, you have no right to comment on something which you only have half the picture of what really went on. Do you really think the mods were chosen at random, or because the admin believed that we'd be able to help the forums? Cliff was banned for a lot of things, not just because he posted made up stuff.

With that said, who in the hell have you ever seen find a real newspaper, a real journalist, and then make a quote and attribute it to the journalist printing it in the said newspaper? One step further, when someone (zero2cool) took the effort to e-mail the journalist and get confirmation that no quote was ever such written by the said journalist, cliff creates a made up e-mail to credit the user.

If THAT is what you have come to known as common goings, then there is something really wrong with that.

I tolerated you calling me out, but you have no right to question the decisions that staff make when you only see at most half of the picture that led to the ban.

Add to this, when he can't get the best of you, he goes on the forums of other NFL teams and insults them in your name so they come looking for the wrong person... True act of a coward/terrorist.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:

Nice job!

You really don't even want to know the rest of the story. Trust me. :thumbsup:

I can imagine. Having been on PackersNews forum since 2001, I've seen more than my share of idiots that try to spoil a good thing, using any number of tactics. I wonder what motivates people to be that way.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Add to this, when he can't get the best of you, he goes on the forums of other NFL teams and insults them in your name so they come looking for the wrong person... True act of a coward/terrorist.

****, I'm a prime target.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

You've not nothing to worry about zero... You can hold your own vs. anyone.

I was just pointing out something that some posters here didn't know about him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Obi1 said:

Thinking about it, I don't think anyone will ever try to use my name, lol. I think I've caused enoughg havoc over the last 10 years on forums :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Obi1 said:

Thinking about it, I don't think anyone will ever try to use my name, lol. I think I've caused enoughg havoc over the last 10 years on forums :p
Yup Zero.....you don't need any help! If they DO come looking for you, chances are they have the right person anyway! :rotflmao:

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thread read a lot better with the Ingore Cliff button turned on. I love that feature.

As for Schroeder or Freeman. Schroeder was inconsistent, he was a tall receiver with an unbelievable vertical jump. He didn't have deep speed, but he could out jump any CB, (the problem was finding the ball.)

Freeman, possession at it's finest.

I think in today's line up, Driver is the Freeman guy with more, YAC, and Martin is the potential deep threat guy. Jennings doesn't fit either of those molds and is a better receiver for it. He'd got speed, deep threat, middle of the field presence and can make guys miss.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thread read a lot better with the Ingore Cliff button turned on. I love that feature.

As for Schroeder or Freeman. Schroeder was inconsistent, he was a tall receiver with an unbelievable vertical jump. He didn't have deep speed, but he could out jump any CB, (the problem was finding the ball.)

Freeman, possession at it's finest.

I think in today's line up, Driver is the Freeman guy with more, YAC, and Martin is the potential deep threat guy. Jennings doesn't fit either of those molds and is a better receiver for it. He'd got speed, deep threat, middle of the field presence and can make guys miss.

Jennings reminds me a bit of Sterling Sharpe!

Hope he can play like him!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schroeder in my opinion is the classic example of Favre making average receivers look good. I really was never a fan of Schroeder. I thought he was overrated. I remember I was on the start Donald Driver over Bill Schroeder bandwagon back then. I think the thread should insert maybe Robert Brooks instead of Bill Schroeder.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schroeder in my opinion is the classic example of Favre making average receivers look good. I really was never a fan of Schroeder. I thought he was overrated. I remember I was on the start Donald Driver over Bill Schroeder bandwagon back then. I think the thread should insert maybe Robert Brooks instead of Bill Schroeder.
Schroeder was FAST, but really had no football moves in my view.