Brian Kelly -- Notre Dame

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok im not taking anything from Brian signing the 5-year deal at south bend, I wish him the best of luck... but, WTF.. I just feel that it is not fair for the Cincy team he isnt going to be coaching at their bowl game after their undefeated season!! Personally, it seems like they are being abandoned. I may be remembering this wrong but I think Notre Dame pretty much gave him no choice but to sign now (i may be wrong about that). And if that is true.. You cant wait just one more game? come on man!

Does anyone else kind of feel it is a little ******** that college coaches can just up and leave whenever they want or if they receive a better job, such as Notre Dame?

That being said, Brian IMO will be a good fit for Notre Dame. He has always wanted to coach for the Irish. And he is able to win games fast once he gets to a new team. In 19 seasons, Brian Kelly is 171–57–2 as a head coach. He won two national titles at Grand Valley State, a MAC Championship at Central Michigan and led Cincinnati to consecutive BCS appearances. Furthermore, in just three seasons at cincy His record is 34-6...Thats pretty damn good. Hopefully, he can ressurect the Fighting Irish from this slump they are in.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coaching is always going to be about stepping stones until you get to that "final destination" place. Cincy is definitely a stepping stone type of school than a final destination.

Hopefully he does well within 2 years or we might see the coaching carousel continue at Notre Dame.

OP
OP
Zeppelinelite51

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes sense Rob..I just feel really bad after watching those interviews and what not.. just too bad things couldnt have waited for just one game, a bowl game at that.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense Rob..I just feel really bad after watching those interviews and what not.. just too bad things couldnt have waited for just one game, a bowl game at that.

Oh don't get me wrong, if I was a Cincy player, I would be pretty upset too. Couple weeks before a MAJOR BCS bowl against a good opponent (who will probably win) and this stuff happens.

Probably not the distraction they were looking for right now.

Members online

Latest posts