1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brett Farve Boos! Did he deserve em this time?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Murgen, Oct 24, 2010.

?

Did Brett Farve Deserved to be Booed at the END of the game?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2010.
  1. Yes - He's a traitor!! Nuff Said, except BOOOOOO

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No - He's still a Packer Legend even if he is wearing purple.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

2. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    I kept waiting for a crowd chant of "Show us your dick" last night, but it never happened.:viksux:

3. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    yea hes an opposing qb so i guess it was rightfully so that we boo him, but i must admit i felt really bad for the guy when he was boo'd after the game.. idk why but i did.. i felt like we shouldve cheered for him at that point

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Did we boo Chad Henne after the game last week?

I'd have been fine with ignoring Favre completely and cheering out team because they played their asses off last night and won a HUGE game for this team. They deserved the fans attention, not Favre.

5. KevG

KevG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't have an issue with the boos either before or after. He brought this on himself by dragging the fans into this with some of his comments over the last 2 years.

From a pure football/business standpoint, stripping away all of the drama, it made sense to go to the Vikings in the offseason in 09'. They had a good team. If he would have just left it at that "Hey, I want to play and the teams that needed a QB, this made the most sense" and leave it at that. But, he seemingly went out of his way to do little jabs at the fan base. When he gets his number retired and his name on the ring years from now, I'll politely clap, but the bloom is off the rose and his relationship with the fans has forever been changed.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,947

I felt bad too, but he is the opps q/b

And there is a TON of Packer fans that HATE him for what he did...Those are their thoughts..

Face it with the texting thing and what he did in his 5 year I retired/Dont retire

People ARE done with him...That is their way to express to HIM how they feel

7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,755
    When BF said he wanted to 'stick it' to TT, he may as well have said he wanted to stick it to all Packers and their fans. That alone has evaporated all the appreciation I had for him as a Packer fan. Then the other stories of him contacting other teams to help them beat the Packers just shows his true character. If it was up to me, I would assign #4 to the next QB we sign, and he wouldn't make it into the Packer hall of fame. Maybe the urinal cakes in the mens room could be formed in his image, but thats about it.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I understand that women don't need to douche.
    There are no benefits to it.
    So why not boo a douche bag?

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    The classless thing would be to mock him, applauding him and congratulating him for giving us 3 picks. That IMHO would be to much.

But, as I said, it's never wrong to boo the rival.

10. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    keep on booin until he retires.

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    If the Packers retire his number (I don't feel he deserves it. Certainly not in the ring of honor.) I wonder how the fans will react at the ceremony?
    Will they forgive and forget?
    I know right now we won't.
    But ever?

12. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    I am glad that he was boo'ed. I will never feel sorry for this guy he deserved what he got simple as that.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    If they ever do I will be there to boo as loud as I can. I will go to the banquet dinner if they put him in the packers hof and boo him. Let the vikings have him.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Lombardi would have hated Favre with a passion.

15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

My thoughts exactly!!! Who said it was the Pack fans booing!!! It was the Viking fans all the way!!!!:viksux:

16. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    I think eventually, many years down the road, we'll chalk it up to some muggy years and welcome him back. But it still won't be the same... the wounds will take many a great deal of time to heal before we can look back with Rosy-colored glasses

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I agree.

I do think he can be welcomed back eventually, but it'll never be as it was before. Never.

My god, what he could've been if he had retired a Packer...

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Which time?
    LOL

19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    Farve has the ability to "Speak Out" anytime he wants. All he has to do is call ESPN and they'll rush to setup an interview. He got to lay out his side of the story and to throw a lot of jabs back at Packer fans and the team.

We as fans do not enjoy such luxury and so the only way that we can express to Farve, the media, and nation how he's hurt the GB fans is through booing. There really isn't any other way to get it across to him and make sure he receives the communication and processes it. So booing is just a one way conversation from the fan base to Farve and he HAS to hear us. Kind of an interesting public speaking dynamic. Instead of one to many, it's many to one. And the one can't leave, can't ignore us, can't rationalize it away in his sheltered protected bubble. He has to listen to our displeasure of him. So we as fans jumped on that chance and we boo'ed.

He wrecked the relationship and legacy here in GB and he'll never feel the warmth that Bart Starr does to this day. Farve threw it away for a chance at more personal glory for himself. He was very foolish.

Well, I'm cutting this short, I'm rambling.

• Like Like x 6
  20. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273
    Yo, I just want to say GREAT POST...I totally agree that this guy is so selfish that it's all about him, and prime example of that is what's going on right now with him potentially starting against NEW ENGLAND, It's about Favre and then the VIKINGS...pathetic

21. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    Thanks man. Yep, he has become the same as a lot of superstars who only are thinking about themselves instead of the team.

Seriously, why would ANYBODY want that kind of player on the team? The Viking players aren't idiots. They gotta be wondering why the hell Farve thinks he can play on a broken food in a big game against the Pats and realistically think he can play well and help the team. The vikings players realize Farve is playing for his record of starts and doesn't give a crap about the team. If he did he's sit. Might explain the swift decline in performance versus last year. The Viking players deep down lost their belief and trust in Farve. At least that is what I am speculating why they are playing poorly as a TEAM.

22. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273
    Pat Kirwin from SIRIUS NFL RADIO & NFL.COM picked the VIKINGS to beat the PATRIOTS WITH BRETT FAVRE!...I don't get that!

23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Farve doesn't seem like he's into it anymore.
    He seems tired and burned out.
    He could have saved himself all of his problems if he had quit either last season or the first time from the Pack.
    Oh well.
    They are his problems.

24. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,947
    Ok, say 15 years form now, alumni weekend, Brett gets announced

% of boos to cheers?

25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    He's probably going for the upset of the week and hoping he stumbles on something so if it happens he can brag that he was the one who predicted it.