Brees or Rivers

AlaBolt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering, If Favre retires next year. and if you all don't have a back-up....would you be looking for a new QB, Denver is interested, but I do not think we would trade with-in our division...I would rather see Brees( A Pro Bowler) going some where he's at least he would be welcomed...Or if Rivers goes, you all would have a QB that in a few years could be the best in nfl...San Diego will have problem next year and will be looking to trade one of this QBs...This year Brees is making 9mil...Rivers,6mil....thats a hell of alot money wrapped up in one position...Interested in your thoughts.....

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we just picked up Rodgers big guy. even at #24 he's gonna cost a pretty penny, probably similar to Rivers' salary. so im sure they'll throw him in the fire before they spend one more dime on another QB...thats my take.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alabolt-- The Green Bay Packers are not looking for a Q.B. Craig Nall is Brett Farve's back up. He has been in Green Bay for three years. Nall went in to relief Farve in some regular games last year and did all right. Craig Nall knows the Packer system which is pretty complicated. Brett could be in Green Bay for a least two or three more season. He has said nothing about retiring after this season. Only he and probably thePackers have a idea what his future plans are. He will not leave this franchise "high and dry" at the Q.B. postion, when he retires. . We drafted Q.B. Aaron Rodgers of California in the first round of N.F.L. draft this year. He is the Packer's candidate to take over for Farve. This will take a few seasons, because as I said earlier in this post, the Packers have a very complicated offensive. The Packers have time" to groom him, because of Farve and Nall are on the Packer roster. If during this period, the Packer find out Rodgers isn't their future Q.B., than all bets are off. But it is way too premature to make any judgements, Rodgers has only been to one Packer minicamp. The Packers were very impressed with what Rodgers did at The Packer's mini camp. I'm not expert at Charger football, but I was impressed at The Chargers turn around from '03 to '04 season. Now they have to do it again , to show it wasn't a one season occurence. Isn't Brees considered the Chargers starting Q.B.? And if anybody is to traded, would it not be Rivers?. It took Brees a few seasons to become a good N.F.L. Q.B., it could be same for The Packer's Rodgers also.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We wont need either one of them because we have our so called "future" in Aaron Rogers. But if he doesnt turn out to be the "future" of the packers then maybe we will make a strong push for Brees because he is a proven starter and puts up the numbers.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
we just picked up Rodgers big guy. even at #24 he's gonna cost a pretty penny, probably similar to Rivers' salary. so im sure they'll throw him in the fire before they spend one more dime on another QB...thats my take.

Ditto!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far Aaron Rodgers looks good and Craig Nall did play well in backup for Brett Favre last year. The Packers will probably have to release either JT Sullivan or Craig Nall after preseason this year. The Packers will hope to trade one of them for a future draft pick or a utility player at another position.
Brees and Rivers both seem to be very good QBs.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ldlehrer said:
The Packers will probably have to release either JT Sullivan or Craig Nall after preseason this year. The Packers will hope to trade one of them for a future draft pick or a utility player at another position.

hopefully we can get something for o'sullivan or nall...with nall i think we can get a 5th or a 6th round pick...with o'sullivan i think we can get a 7th round pick...or maybe trade for a player, a backup running back, an extra tight end (unless garrett cross is going to hold a roster spot), a special teamer, i hope we get something, i hate seeing guys released, such a waste

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees in proven the other is not.

QB is a position that takes awhile to learn. They have to go through a period of apprenticeship. Brees and Nall have done that.

The career path of many like Hasselbeck and Bulger is a low round choice with time to develope. 1st rounders thrown in are more likely to be labeled busts. In reality they need time as well.

Brees got transition tagged this year and may be again. Eventually one of them will be preferred and the other traded.

Rogers will learn and then the Packers will trade him. Rogers will not start in Green Bay under his 1st contract. Brett is so tough he can play for 6 years.

His successor is yet to be found for he will play for many years. He's only 35.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no question that rodgers will be given every opportunity to take over for #4 and hopefully be very successful at it. no need for another qb.

Members online

Latest posts