Breaking News on schedule

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m hearing that if the Colts lose on Monday Night Football tonight that the Week 7 game versus Washington Football Team will be flexed to Sunday Night Football replacing Colts vs. 49ers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading through post trying to find Green Bay related content.......... :D

OP
OP
F

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be the Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Football Team game that I was referring to.

So if that was unclear, I apologize. If the Colts lose tonight, NBC is looking for a more marquee game for Sunday Night Football in week 7 than Colts vs. 49ers.

Their choice will be Washington Football Team @ Green Bay Packers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be the Green Bay Packers vs. Washington Football Team game that I was referring to.

So if that was unclear, I apologize. If the Colts lose tonight, NBC is looking for a more marquee game for Sunday Night Football in week 7 than Colts vs. 49ers.

Their choice will be Washington Football Team @ Green Bay Packers.

Oh man I read vastly too fast LOL That would make me happy!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crap - that means that I have to take off a day of work to get back home on Monday.....but more tailgating time is nice counterbalance

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted too soon... thought there was NO WAY for the refs to F___-up the Jackson fumble & run back for a TD... but they did and took points off the board for Indy. Went to bed when it went into OT and Ravens won the toss... Indy D had no answers in the 2nd half.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I slow-mo'd the lateral pass. He did release it at the 24 yard line and pitched it backwards. However, he was moving forward faster than he pitched it backwards. You can clearly see in frame-by-frame that his teammate caught it a yard ahead at the 25 yard line. The refs got it correct. I was stunned at the time because it seemed to be a no-brainer.

Regardless, I'm with JKramer64 that they wouldn't push the Packers later when they already have a short week with the Thursday game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I slow-mo'd the lateral pass. He did release it at the 24 yard line and pitched it backwards. However, he was moving forward faster than he pitched it backwards. You can clearly see in frame-by-frame that his teammate caught it a yard ahead at the 25 yard line. The refs got it correct. I was stunned at the time because it seemed to be a no-brainer.
This goes against the spirit of the rule, IMHO. Should the players really be expected to account for their speed at the time that they pitch the ball backwards? Must they figure the NASA re-entry parabola in the heat of the moment?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the rule stated the ball must travel backwards from where it was released. I didn't see the play or the game. But if he released at the 24 and it traveled to the 25 assuming they're on their own side of the field, that would be a forward pass.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a simple rule in the NFL. The ball must not travel forwards. It's the same as a forward pass versus a lateral from the QB. We've all seen these replays a million times. Where was the ball released and where was it caught. It is as simple as that.

Don't any of you remember the Music City Miracle? If I remember it correctly with out looking it up, the refs called it a lateral but in hindsight the general consensus was that the ball traveled forward and therefore should have been a penalty.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the rule stated the ball must travel backwards from where it was released. I didn't see the play or the game. But if he released at the 24 and it traveled to the 25 assuming they're on their own side of the field, that would be a forward pass.
They were running approx. 3/4 speed, D. Leonard shoveled the ball backwards approx. 2' to his team mate. Because of their speed he released the ball at the 24 but his team mate didn't touch ball until it got to the 24-1/2 yd line. It was a backwards pitch but taking into account their speed the ball was also moving forward even though it was a backward pitch. IMHO the only thing that SHOULD matter is the direction the ball moved from Leonard to team mate, not the ball in relation to the fixed position of the yard markers.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The interpretation of the rule by the replay booth is in error. The lateral from #53 to his team mate was, indeed, backward as BOTH were moving forward at the same speed. For replay judge to pick a stationary spot (yard marker) is incorrect because the play was happening at player speed, NOT standing still.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd have to see when it left his hands but sure looks like a lateral. Actually, don't see how it could be anything but. Interesting that Wikapeadia says it "goes away from the goal line." Or a bona fide lateral.

Reaction score
I had to read it a few times too before it clicked lol.

Good info, frozen!
Had I not just reviewed our schedule and posted a remark about “What the
F…ootball Team” ? His post would’ve unknowingly buzzed right by my head!
The boy is looking out for our best interest I appreciate it

Members online

Latest posts