Breaking News on schedule

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the video again on the Sports Illustrated website but you can find it anywhere:

I went frame by frame. #53 pitched it with two hands but I stopped it here a frame late because the ball is hard to see but you can clearly see his right arm/hand at his side. The ball was released around the 24 yard line, clearly before the 25.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is the frame where the teammate is turning to catch the ball. I would actually argue that he has not yet established possession. The clearly point is that he and the ball are now across the 25 yard line. The ball traveled forward at least one yard from the time the #53 pitched it to when his teammate caught the ball.

[**Edit** Even the referee advanced two yards forward]

Here is the NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 4:
"It is a forward pass if: a. the ball initially moves forward (to a point nearer the opponent’s goal line) after leaving the passer’s hand(s);"

...and so you don't argue about how to interpret the rule, here is our good friend Mike Pereira discussing a similar play involving Russell Wilson:

Now, let's discuss what you don't like about the rule that was correctly applied by the officials...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I’m hearing that if the Colts lose on Monday Night Football tonight that the Week 7 game versus Washington Football Team will be flexed to Sunday Night Football replacing Colts vs. 49ers.

It seems like the NFL decided against it as according to rules the announcement must come no later than 12 days prior to the game.

Members online

Latest posts